Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who have a WSJ subscription, you should read the series they’re doing on Facebook/IG this week. WSJ got their hands on a treasure trove of docs from the company.

Pretty damning article today on internal studies they’ve done that have shown the tremendous impacts IG is having on mental health for teenage girls. Also internal comments about “fixes” that were discussed internally to address the issue. These were panned because it jeopardized the “fun” of IG.
hope the whole effing SM thing crumbles.

Nature is my sanctuary. Every mountain points straight up, to remind us what's important. Everything we do on this Earth is because of He who gave it to us. Not because of what we did. Think a book somewhere says something about false idols.

I agree with that. I don’t think Bailey is their ideal QB for this offense. However how long do you roll with Milton if he simply can’t connect on these targets IN GAME? Games matter some players look great in practice and some dont. That’s all we heard about JG and we heard how bad Dobbs was in practice. I 100% believe we have coaches that will find a good QB in their tenure here. Sometimes it doesn’t matter how well you coach these guys they just have to make the plays and that’s not an indictment on the coaches.
so are you ever gonna tell us who you want to start at qb?

I agree with that. I don’t think Bailey is their ideal QB for this offense. However how long do you roll with Milton if he simply can’t connect on these targets IN GAME? Games matter some players look great in practice and some dont. That’s all we heard about JG and we heard how bad Dobbs was in practice. I 100% believe we have coaches that will find a good QB in their tenure here. Sometimes it doesn’t matter how well you coach these guys they just have to make the plays and that’s not an indictment on the coaches.
I don't have a favorite for any particular reason. Personally, I'd go scorched earth and jerk their ass out as soon as they started making middle school mistakes. I'd put the next one in and continue, until one of them shows some sign of life.

There are over 70 div1 athletes on that team, 1 of them has to have enough sense and athleticism to be a serviceable QB. I'd just start going down the roster until someone works ,😆 😆.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokeytom
I don’t really want to discuss HB any more but my person got selected for a position to UT….. Then he got lucky enough to be placed with the QBs…. He had been there every single practice till recently when he misses Tuesday through Thursday…… he is not a football guy so he may not know some of the intricacies that are involved with the position or the team….. I have had many in depth convos with him about our QBs…. Bailey has been the least consistent QB we have….. he is not making those throws in practice and he has not stood out compared to any of the QBs in any area. That is just the facts…. Not a single one of us would choose the 3rd string QB if he is not performing in practice. Could the plays not be suited to his strengths? Sure…..but he has been given a chance and hasn’t been able to impress…. He is young and has plenty of chances to grow and get better.
I really do appreciate your insight into the team. I hope these guys can get it together. I just want one of them to make these plays. I don’t really care who it is. Milton has it all physically and I really do think he is the best IF he can just make those plays. They aren’t even that difficult of plays. If someone doesn’t make them we are looking at another 5-7 season that could have been 6 to 7 wins and most fans would be thrilled with that in year one.

Reactions: Smokeytom
I really do appreciate your insight into the team. I hope these guys can get it together. I just want one of them to make these plays. I don’t really care who it is. Milton has it all physically and I really do think he is the best IF he can just make those plays. They aren’t even that difficult of plays. If someone doesn’t make them we are looking at another 5-7 season that could have been 6 to 7 wins and most fans would be thrilled with that in year one.
This is true…. We need one of them to show that they can do it…. No matter who it is.

For those of you who have a WSJ subscription, you should read the series they’re doing on Facebook/IG this week. WSJ got their hands on a treasure trove of docs from the company.

Pretty damning article today on internal studies they’ve done that have shown the tremendous impacts IG is having on mental health for teenage girls. Also internal comments about “fixes” that were discussed internally to address the issue. These were panned because it jeopardized the “fun” of IG.
I've thought for years that social media rarely if ever makes someone a better and healthier person. I've seen how damaging it can be to kids and adults. Best you can hope for is a neutral effect. That's why I got off it.

It’s so toxic, I hate it.

I don’t really want to discuss HB any more but my person got selected for a position to UT….. Then he got lucky enough to be placed with the QBs…. He had been there every single practice till recently when he misses Tuesday through Thursday…… he is not a football guy so he may not know some of the intricacies that are involved with the position or the team….. I have had many in depth convos with him about our QBs…. Bailey has been the least consistent QB we have….. he is not making those throws in practice and he has not stood out compared to any of the QBs in any area. That is just the facts…. Not a single one of us would choose the 3rd string QB if he is not performing in practice. Could the plays not be suited to his strengths? Sure…..but he has been given a chance and hasn’t been able to impress…. He is young and has plenty of chances to grow and get better.
So your info about QB’s is coming from a guy that don’t know anything about football. His he the dude filling out the depth chart?

Social media is one of the worst things we’ve ever invented

HS stats are overrated to a fairly large degree. Any recruiting analyst will tell you this. Lemme know who the all-time GA rusher is (never heard of him) Or all-time Florida HS passer (1st or 2nd most talent rich state)...

People often reference the state of GA's top 3 passers, but they seem like an anomaly of success overall.

Fwiw...also interesting to us.
Most passing yards EVER in SC history - Worley
Most passing yards EVER in TN history (*as of 2019) - Charlie High
How about Louisiana? A Manning? Nope. Brock frickin Berlin. A commentator...
I was going to bring this up earlier but felt like it was a waste of breath. There are highly productive players, even in talent rich states, that don't have an immediately translatable skill set. It's not all that unusual. Just think about the same situation from college to NFL. Every year there are productive college players that don't translate to the NFL.

I am so tired of hearing about practice. We are maybe a 10 win team in practice. Between JG’s undefeated practice streak, butchs 5 star hearts and benching better players. I just can’t handle any more Fin talk about practice. Do it in a game or go to the Fin bench

I am so tired of hearing about practice. We are maybe a 10 win team in practice. Between JG’s undefeated practice streak, butchs 5 star hearts and benching better players. I just can’t handle any more Fin talk about practice. Do it in a game or go to the Fin bench
I agree….. I feel like we should start a new trend and start all the guys that struggle in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back