Perhaps 3 reasons whether Bailey…

volmoon

plays this weekend or not. If it is the first reason, we‘re doomed. 😊
  1. The game is closer than it should be.
  2. Bailey isn‘t going to play at Tennessee this season and maybe never again. If he doesn’t play for any reason other than the following reason, look for one more QB in the portal. However, I’m becoming very suspicious that if he doesn’t play, the reason may be #3.
  3. Bailey is the future, and they want Bailey to have time to develop more. If so, Bailey may have been told (at the outset of the season) that he may only play if injuries require it. Further rationale… The other two QBs are journeyed seniors. At this point (and perhaps previously known by staff) both appear unlikely to be the QB of the future. Most expectations for the 2021 Vols are 5-7 or 6-6. Why risk the 19-year-old’s future while implementing a new offense when year-one expectations are low? As we know, he didn’t have Spring 2020. He played C+ to B+ in four games later that season. And then came a whole new offensive system.
That’s my wild wondering QB thought for this week.
What do you think?
Flame away. 👊🏼

2. Bailey isn‘t going to play at Tennessee this season and maybe never again. If he doesn’t play for any reason other than the following reason, look for one more QB in the portal. However, I’m becoming very suspicious that if he doesn’t play, the reason may be #3.
  3. Bailey is the future, and they want Bailey to have time to develop more. If so, Bailey may have been told (at the outset of the season) that he may only play if injuries require it. Further rationale… The other two QBs are journeyed seniors. At this point (and perhaps previously known by staff) both appear unlikely to be the QB of the future. Most expectations for the 2021 Vols are 5-7 or 6-6. Why risk the 19-year-old’s future while implementing a new offense when year-one expectations are low? As we know, he didn’t have Spring 2020. He played C+ to B+ in four games later that season. And then came a whole new offensive system.
What do you think?
Flame away. 👊🏼
But doesn’t Milton have like three years of eligibility remaining?

To blow up #3, doesn't Milton have 2 more years of eligibility after this one?
At least 2, maybe even 3 (thanks to COVID giving everyone a free year.)

Edit: Re-read your post. Yes, 2 more years AFTER this one - confirmed. He had 3 years coming out of Michigan.

you have to give him competition. it's probably something he's never had. you give Milton every chance to succeed, and hope he does, and if he doesn't take the reigns you let hb come in and be the hero with a full class.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
At least 2, maybe even 3 (thanks to COVID giving everyone a free year.)

I thought he had 3 remaining when he signed with us. which would be 2 more after this season. I'm not as close as some and I'm sure they will correct me.

If I’m not mistaken (and I may be) Milton has the same years left as HB (3). So I don’t know if option 3 tracks.

I think Milton was redshirted his freshman year, took the covid year, and played 1 year. So this is year 1/3 for his eligibility. HB may have 4 years left.

The answer is he’s not as mobile / a dual threat quarterback as the other two

You can make an argument he makes up for it with his throwing accuracy but…
The preferred dual threat is a dual threat offense, not one player. Give me quarterbacks who throw the ball better than they run and running backs who run better than they throw.

Last year was a COVID year so no one burned eligibility.
Bailey could redshirt this year (while appearing in 4 games.)
Bailey could then have 4 years of eligibility remaining. Could be the starter 2022 - 2025

Technically, Milton could go pro at any point now considering he's already graduated... so guessing exactly when Bailey could take over is a crapshoot.

If Bailey doesn’t play in a “clear the bench” type game as this one should be then my bet is he will not play at all, or until both Milton and Hooker are injured (Which with our OL is almost a given). And if that’s the case then for whatever reasons, the coaching staff just doesn’t see him as a viable option. Everyone has opinions about our QBs but only the coaches opinions count…

For those suggesting Milton’s remaining 3 years of eligibility, does anyone really think Milton plays 7 years of college football? Or, even 6? 5 at best.

But with NIL he could start getting cash in McDonalds bags legally…wounder if the local McDonalds franchise owner would have the balls to sign some Vol players to an NIL agreement then pay them in cash in McDonalds bags…

But with NIL he could start getting cash in McDonalds bags legally…wounder if the local McDonalds franchise owner would have the balls to sign some Vol players to an NIL agreement then pay them in cash in McDonalds bags…
😁

What do you think?
Flame away. 👊🏼

So playing him, i.e. letting him gain experience, is akin to risking his future. Heck, just sit all freshmen and sophs, why risk anyone's future by letting them play some football.

So playing him, i.e. letting him gain experience, is akin to risking his future. Heck, just sit all freshmen and sophs, why risk anyone's future by letting them play some football.
Read again. I didn’t propose it as you mocked it. I believe it is more complex than that.

But doesn’t Milton have like three years of eligibility remaining?

If Milton doesn't play well enough to head to the draft after the season, then I have a sneaky suspicion that he won't be won't starting by the end of the year. Either he shows enough to get himself drafted or he plays his way out of the starting role. Either way, I find it unlikely he is still on the team come February.

If Bailey doesn’t play in a “clear the bench” type game as this one should be then my bet is he will not play at all, or until both Milton and Hooker are injured (Which with our OL is almost a given). And if that’s the case then for whatever reasons, the coaching staff just doesn’t see him as a viable option. Everyone has opinions about our QBs but only the coaches opinions count…

Aliens could kidnap all of our quarterbacks and Bailey still wouldn’t play. Its the fine print in the coaches contract.

Re: Bailey I’ve already made this same point in two other threads. He’s not mobile enough to run for his life behind our porous, makeshift OL. Pruitt ruined Maurer now Bailey fans want to see Heupel do same to him. SMH.

Why do you think Heupel turned to the transfer portal to pick up two mobile mature QBs? Bc Maurer became a head case and Bailey wasn’t and isn’t ready to get thrown to the lions behind a patchwork OL.

You want to ruin the kid? Keep pushing for him to get playing time this year. He’s an insurance policy only atp. Next year is an entirely different animal.

VN Store

Back