Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. “Pushing the ball downfield” is nice and is a decent part of this offense but we’ve had so many receivers open midfield. I jist don’t believe the notion that Hooker or Bailey cant throw it far enough to stretch the field. Accuracy sure as heck can’t be worse than Miltons. I would agree that Milton is the right “fit” for this offense if he could actually connect on his passes downfield.

He's got to see them when they are open and be willing and able to throw it to them in stride. Still waiting on that to happen.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Jeff Francis and Pat Ryan on Big Orange Hotline talking QB. The big takeaway is Pat says the offensive scheme is working at a really high level and both think we’ve got more playmakers than they had expected. Like everyone else their issue is the overthrows by Milton as being the number one issue.

Jeff and Pat both gave props to our defense. Everyone likes Theo Jackson. (My own opinion is that Theo wears a cape).

Bob said 8 of our 13 penalties were on first down.

They all say Milton has the highest ceiling in our QB room. Jeff said before Dobbs he’d always thought that accuracy was something you either had or didn’t. Both He and Pat said Josh Dobbs changed their mind on that by the time he got to his senior year. His accuracy improved a lot in his time here and of course, they noted, he’s still in the league.

Arkansas got fined $100,000 for fans storming the field after their win over Texas, Jeff and Pat said the razorback fans responded, “Is that all?” (aside – I did that at Neyland once when I was home on leave from the Navy. I’d gone to the game with childhood friends who were students at UT. Like I said last week, I don’t remember who we played or anything about the game. I just remember who I was with and how much fun we all had).

Jeff & Pat gave the offensive line a “C” for a grade based on the performance they had Saturday. Both say they really think barring injuries this is going to be a much better football team in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back