What Pitt Panther fans are saying about our Vols

I predict the people on here saying Milton is our best QB and not a concern will look pretty foolish in about six days.
That's okay, because the people on here saying Joe Milton isn't our best QB, in effect saying they know QBs better than Josh Heupel, they already look pretty damn foolish. :)

They say they know QBs better than Josh Heupel.

This guy.

1630940123266.jpeg

Yeah, he's gotta be wrong. He doesn't really understand what vn.com experts do about picking the best QB.

Stop...Just stop...Before JG got his chance he distanced himself from the rest of the team and pouted on the sidelines and threw tantrams when things didn't go his way...Milton is TWICE the qb JG ever was and he has confidence and swagger and room for improvement...JG is still JG out west and failing again.
Lol you stop, Milton hasn't proven anything in career. No more than JG. Twice the Qb my ass, take the goggles off.

Cool practice, remember JG ?

CJH != Pruitt

You have one that's a proven HC, College QB and QB Developer vs A first time HC that was a Defensive coordinator for a pro football team masquerading as a college football team
Coaches base their line up on practice and study. The good ones make adjustments, the bad ones don't.

If Milton continues to under perform, we loose games we shouldn't and he's still starting towards the end of the season then maybe I'll start to question CJH but I'm not ready to put him on the same side of the fence as Pruitt just after one game

Last edited:
All you saying give Milton a chance weren't exactly lining up to support JG. Even though that kid had more heart and want to in his left finger than Milton will ever show. At least JG was honest about himself when the mic was on.

We’ve seen 1 game of Milton in a UT Jersey. We watched that other roller coaster ride for 4 years. Nothing ever changed over those 4 years. For every 2018 Auburn there were 3 BYU or 2020 UK games.

How many points did Bailey score for us in those games?
Is this really a question? You do realize those stats are readily available online?

He threw for 4 TDs against two picks. In case you missed it, that's a much better TD/INT ratio than what Milton had last year playing inferior competition.

A head coach watches his QBs practice almost daily for hours, puts them through drills, studies endless hours of film, talks to them, etc, etc. Now, this particular coach is also known to be a QB developer, not to mention a top past QB himself...and you're upset with his assessment of which QB should start? Why would he sabotage his team and career starting someone he didn't clearly feel was the best--at least for the time being?
You mean like how the last HC we had watched all those hours and had them do drills, the coach we fired for continuing to play the wrong QB?

This really isn't difficult. Heupel has less success as a coach, dramatically less, than our last coach had; said previous coach had won multiple NCs as a coordinator, whereas our coach has won squat as a coordinator, and less than Butch Jones had won as a HC when he was hired here. The one time he coached previously at a top school he got canned.

Remind me how many other programs we had to bid against for Heupel's services?

I'll make it even simpler: open your eyes. There's a reason my posts about this topic are getting two to three times as many likes as objections - because believe it or not, one doesn't have to be a coach to know incompetent QB play, and lots of us are seeing it, and we're also seeing that it's bad enough that the QB who started Thursday never should have started.

Of course we have serious issues. The consensus around here in preseason polls was that we might win 6 games simply because we are likely looking at an uncharacteristically weak slate of opponents this year by SEC standards.

The people screeching about how bad we are aren’t wrong, but it is the combination of football ignorance, consistently dumb or obvious takes, a willingness to make a federal case out of minor disagreements, a tendency to completely ignore even recent history in understanding why we are where we are, and a false sense of preening superiority that makes everyone roll their eyes at these folks.
We have two very different ideas on what constitutes football ignorance. One could argue that anyone who tries to claim Milton is our best QB on the roster lacks even a basic, elementary understanding of the game.

Reactions: posivol and CJBlaze
I think we played super vanilla Thursday night. Milton and our WR's were off, hopefully with more plays in our toolbelt Saturday they can find ways to win. Pitt is pass happy from my understanding, our secondary will have to be lights out

Truth’s in the middle. Buried under a pile of bull****. Ryan Leaf gets paid btw. He’s in his third consecutive year of being a functioning human being. Maybe listen with one ear and think for yourself?
I have no idea what Ryan Leaf has to do with this discussion. I referenced the media because of all the posters on here trying to discredit those of us who are questioning the coach's choice of QB because we don't make a living from football; obviously there are multiple folks in the media right now who do make a living at it, i.e. have more than passing knowledge about it, and see Milton the same way I and many others on here do.

As far as your suggestion that I don't think for myself - you should know better than that. I post what I think regardless of whether a thousand people or one person agrees with me, always have and always will.

Is this really a question? You do realize those stats are readily available online?

He threw for 4 TDs against two picks. In case you missed it, that's a much better TD/INT ratio than what Milton had last year playing inferior competition.
Exactly Bailey scored 28 points in how many games?

You have a strange sense of reality. You mention Bailey's play in the OW game - as though he has never played an actual game, when in fact he played five games last year. While he wasn't perfect in those games, he was miles and miles ahead of what we saw from Milton Thursday. His stats were markedly better, he looked better, and he was playing against far tougher competition.

If you can explain why Milton's 47% completion rate and complete and utter lack of fundamentals against Bowling Green are better than Bailey's 70.6% completion rate and sound fundamentals against UF and A&M and Auburn, I'm all ears. But you can't, and neither can our new HC, which is why so many of us are upset.
Again, I'm not trying to put down Bailey, but his QBR rating in the Florida and aTm games you mentioned was in the 30s (50 is considered average), and he got pulled for JT Shrout in the 2nd quarter of aTm and in the 4th quarter of the Florida game after failing to put enough points on the board in either game. The Auburn game that he performed well in coming off the bench was garbage time hitting check down receivers against a soft defense. That's reality. I want Bailey to be great just as you do, but am not willing to distort the truth to fit that wishful thinking.

That's okay, because the people on here saying Joe Milton isn't our best QB, in effect saying they know QBs better than Josh Heupel, they already look pretty damn foolish. :)

They say they know QBs better than Josh Heupel.

This guy.

View attachment 392485

Yeah, he's gotta be wrong. He doesn't really understand what vn.com experts do about picking the best QB.
Does Heupel know more about the quarterback position than Bill Cowher? Because Cowher drafted Tee Martin instead of Tom Brady. Does he know more about QBs than Brian Billick? Billick drafted Chris Redman over Brady. Does he know more about QBs than Steve Mariucci? Mariucci drafted Giovanni Carmazzi over Brady. By your logic, all of those decisions were perfect and unquestionable because they were made by accomplished NFL coaches.

Here's a challenge for you: come back on here Sunday, or better yet three or four weeks from now, and tell me who's foolish.

Reactions: CJBlaze
We’ve seen 1 game of Milton in a UT Jersey. We watched that other roller coaster ride for 4 years. Nothing ever changed over those 4 years. For every 2018 Auburn there were 3 BYU or 2020 UK games.
While that is all true, we have another guy in Milton that has made no improvemnt over his 4 years of college ball at a D1 Top 10 All Time Program. At this point in time nothing has changed in career except the color of his jersey. Everyone including Guarantano was ready to move on. He still gets trashed by many and he isn't even here. Excuse me if some of us aren't blind to that fact. Just more of the same

Reactions: lifeisdeep
You mean like how the last HC we had watched all those hours and had them do drills, the coach we fired for continuing to play the wrong QB?

This really isn't difficult. Heupel has less success as a coach, dramatically less, than our last coach had; said previous coach had won multiple NCs as a coordinator, whereas our coach has won squat as a coordinator, and less than Butch Jones had won as a HC when he was hired here. The one time he coached previously at a top school he got canned.

I'll make it even simpler: open your eyes. There's a reason my posts about this topic are getting two to three times as many likes as objections - because believe it or not, one doesn't have to be a coach to know incompetent QB play, and lots of us are seeing it, and we're also seeing that it's bad enough that the QB who started Thursday never should have started.
Put three Vol fans in a room and you'll get five different opinions. Does it surprise anyone that the belly achers are out before this coach really gets started? I doubt it. And believe me, there are enough of you to supply you with your impressive number of 'likes'..lol

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I think we played super vanilla Thursday night. Milton and our WR's were off, hopefully with more plays in our toolbelt Saturday they can find ways to win. Pitt is pass happy from my understanding, our secondary will have to be lights out
We run those exact palys out of different looks. Our play book by Heupels explanation isn't all that big. They may run 30 plays 40 different ways as an example. But all of those plays are multiple. It is a very interesting offense if you find some of the breakdowns. Gives the defense a lot to think about. And the tempo makes it harder

Reactions: chuckb1448
How many points do you think Milton will account for against SEC competition?
I can’t wait to find out. But all that matters is either Milton utilizes his weapons and skill set or we hope Bailey or hooker can do better. Right now, Bailey is not doing and has not done enough to warrant starting.

I can’t wait to find out. But all that matters is either Milton utilizes his weapons and skill set or we hope Bailey or hooker can do better. Right now, Bailey is not doing and has not done enough to warrant starting.
I hope Heupel can fix those guys and have them all ready to play. We will see how Milton looks this Saturday. I wanna see what corrections have been worked on. Milton has likely the best arm in CFB, definitely makes you stop everything and watch type arm.

Edited if I cant say something nice I'll just keep quiet..

Reactions: kcvols1

VN Store

Back