What Pitt Panther fans are saying about our Vols

I wonder if their fans have been through as much as UT fans have over the last several years.

Anyway, I predict UT runs the ball right down their throats and wins the game without any doubt.

I'm with you as long as

we're able to run the ball down their throats and

JM doesn't have to rely on his arm for the dub.

I'll be in attendance and I'm kind of a good luck charm so...

Go Vols !

Reactions: camp_steveo
Dunno but he had more tds than ints
That’s great, I wish he had taken the qb1 spot. But he didn’t. And in week one we had awful drops, and a couple missed deep balls with a qb who just transferred here and roster full of middle of the pack players. We still scored 38. Don’t care how bad BG is, our offense didn’t score that many points last year, and only did it twice the year before. I don’t care about completion % as long as the ones he completes or keeps go for 6. I saw a team that came out and executed in the 1st quarter. Stalled like we all knew could happen. Then closes the gate In the opening drive of the 3rd. We have a long, long awful road back to the top. But why everyone is so hard on Milton when he clearly has a nuke for an arm and the ability to make plays is crazy.

Reactions: KHVol and DonDiego
This is the perfect reason to expand the playoffs.
I have seen so many football teams lose 2 or 3 games but be so much stronger than the others in their league going into the playoffs. It happens every year, but with the current system these teams get left out.

That's why I don't watch sports whose season culminates in a large tournament. Not that it's necessarily bad, but it changes the game AND the way teams play the regular season. I much prefer every game matter.

Would much rather go back to the BCS than to expand the playoffs. You tournament fans have plenty of sports to follow. Leave one the hell alone.

Reactions: a vol n tears
That's why I don't watch sports whose season culminates in a large tournament. Not that it's necessarily bad, but it changes the game AND the way teams play the regular season. I much prefer every game matter.

Would much rather go back to the BCS than to expand the playoffs. You tournament fans have plenty of sports to follow. Leave one the hell alone.
How's it feel to be a relic? ;) I kid

You have a strange sense of reality. You mention Bailey's play in the OW game - as though he has never played an actual game, when in fact he played five games last year. While he wasn't perfect in those games, he was miles and miles ahead of what we saw from Milton Thursday. His stats were markedly better, he looked better, and he was playing against far tougher competition.

If you can explain why Milton's 47% completion rate and complete and utter lack of fundamentals against Bowling Green are better than Bailey's 70.6% completion rate and sound fundamentals against UF and A&M and Auburn, I'm all ears. But you can't, and neither can our new HC, which is why so many of us are upset.
A head coach watches his QBs practice almost daily for hours, puts them through drills, studies endless hours of film, talks to them, etc, etc. Now, this particular coach is also known to be a QB developer, not to mention a top past QB himself...and you're upset with his assessment of which QB should start? Why would he sabotage his team and career starting someone he didn't clearly feel was the best--at least for the time being?

How's it feel to be a relic? ;) I kid

How's it feel to equate "change" with "progress?" :p
I understand the arguments for a big playoff, but the supporters have a closed minded attitude and refuse to acknowledge the viable reasons not to go there.

Reactions: KHVol
Kentucky's 1st week opponent is about on line with BG but folks are praising them. That's alright let em go at it, I like this underdog role. It's gonna be nice when we come out and whip Pitt! GBO!!!!!!
That’s because their QB and offense looked like a well oiled machine. 400 yards passing. Our QB had a stretch where he was 1-11

This is the perfect reason to expand the playoffs.
I have seen so many football teams lose 2 or 3 games but be so much stronger than the others in their league going into the playoffs. It happens every year, but with the current system these teams get left out.
The 'playoffs' are complete garbage until such time as conference champions are the only teams in it. As long as human beings decide who gets to play, it ain't worth a ****.

So who should be starting Coach?

Obviously Milton?

That’s who our coach who has far more experience than anyone here chose. It’s not like he drew names out of a hat for QB1. He watched all their practices and picked who did the best. Even local media said that Milton out performed the other Qb’s in practice daily.

I swear this fan base is trash. People on here were licking their chops for him to play, he starts and doesn’t have a perfect game 1 and people want him replaced. I’d say CJH has more knowledge about coaching QB’s in his pinky finger than this whole forum has combined. Let the man do his job.

Obviously Milton?

That’s who our coach who has far more experience than anyone here chose. It’s not like he drew names out of a hat for QB1. He watched all their practices and picked who did the best. Even local media said that Milton out performed the other Qb’s in practice daily.

I swear this fan base is trash. People on here were licking their chops for him to play, he starts and doesn’t have a perfect game 1 and people want him replaced. I’d say CJH has more knowledge about coaching QB’s in his pinky finger than this whole forum has combined. Let the man do his job.
I absolutely agree.

Strength vs Strength.

Their defense vs our offense.

I think the SEC speed wins out.

The x factor will be turnovers from the QBs. Milton goes out and turns it over 3 times and all bets are off.

Funny how half the posters on this board can say we have serious issues, and then people who get paid for a living to analyze sports can say the same thing, but we're all just crazy according to the pumpers.

Of course we have serious issues. The consensus around here in preseason polls was that we might win 6 games simply because we are looking at an uncharacteristically weak slate of opponents this year by SEC standards.

The people screeching about how bad we are aren’t wrong, but it is the combination of football ignorance, consistently dumb or obvious takes, a willingness to make a federal case out of minor disagreements, a tendency to completely ignore even recent history in understanding why we are where we are, and a false sense of preening superiority that makes everyone roll their eyes at these folks.

Last edited:
How's it feel to equate "change" with "progress?" :p
I understand the arguments for a big playoff, but the supporters have a closed minded attitude and refuse to acknowledge the viable reasons not to go there.
I don't understand letting judges choose the best teams. Playoffs let the teams decide for themselves who is the best.
My thing has always been the playoffs should have all league champions plus a couple of wildcards. But I am open to anything other than a committee deciding who is the top 4.

Funny how half the posters on this board can say we have serious issues, and then people who get paid for a living to analyze sports can say the same thing, but we're all just crazy according to the pumpers.
Truth’s in the middle. Buried under a pile of bull****. Ryan Leaf gets paid btw. He’s in his third consecutive year of being a functioning human being. Maybe listen with one ear and think for yourself?

Of course we have serious issues. The consensus around here in preseason polls was that we might win 6 games simply because we are likely looking at an uncharacteristically weak slate of opponents this year by SEC standards.

The people screeching about how bad we are aren’t wrong, but it is the combination of football ignorance, consistently dumb or obvious takes, a willingness to make a federal case out of minor disagreements, a tendency to completely ignore even recent history in understanding why we are where we are, and a false sense of preening superiority that makes everyone roll their eyes at these folks.
They look at a roster and read into it. We expect that to mean something more. It’s sports laziness.

Obviously Milton?

Local media was slobbering because he can throw the ball a mile. Wtf do you think the Cam Newton comparisons come from ? They didn't however focus on his less than stellar completion percentage, or his inability to complete a ball downfield. Doesn't matter if you can throw it a mile. It needs to find its target period. Point A meets B lol. Basic concepts a 4th year college qb should firmly grasp.

All you saying give Milton a chance weren't exactly lining up to support JG. Even though that kid had more heart and want to in his left finger than Milton will ever show. At least JG was honest about himself when the mic was on.

Local media was slobbering because he can throw the ball a mile. Wtf do you think the Cam Newton comparisons come from ? They didn't however focus on his less than stellar completion percentage, or his inability to complete a ball downfield. Doesn't matter if you can throw it a mile. It needs to find its target period. Point A meets B lol. Basic concepts a 4th year college qb should firmly grasp.

Do you not think that if he didn’t show the ability to do that in practice CJH would start him?

All you saying give Milton a chance weren't exactly lining up to support JG. Even though that kid had more heart and want to in his left finger than Milton will ever show. At least JG was honest about himself when the mic was on.
Stop...Just stop...Before JG got his chance he distanced himself from the rest of the team and pouted on the sidelines and threw tantrams when things didn't go his way...Milton is TWICE the qb JG ever was and he has confidence and swagger and room for improvement...JG is still JG out west and failing again.

VN Store

Back