What Pitt Panther fans are saying about our Vols

I can criticize my family, but you can't unless you want to deal with me.
R.db8eddf130d4f94824d3e82710707ff7

I predict the people on here saying Milton is our best QB and not a concern will look pretty foolish in about six days.
Well, you may be right. I do find it odd though that most Volnationers predicted UT to go 6-6 or 7-5 this season and yet seem perplexed that UT didn't look like it is ready to go toe-to-toe with Bama. What do you really think a 6-6 or 7-5 looks like? Of course there are going to be issues. 6-6 teams usually don't have Heisman trophy level QB play. It's like many believe that Bailey looks a world beater in practice and Heupel chooses to ignore his superiority and has buried him 3rd on the depth chart. Others have argued that Harrison looked the best in the Orange and White game. Strangely, these same people apparently aren't pining for Jancek to be a starting WR based upon how *he* looked in the Orange and White game. Others have appled/oranged Bailey's play last year vs Milton's at Michigan, oblivious to the inherent illogic in that analysis.

I'm a Bailey guy. I wish he had come in, won the starting job last year, won the starting job this year, and shown himself to be the next Manning or Clausen in the making. But that's not reality. What seems true is that Milton needs to improve greatly. What seems likely is that if he does not, at some point, Heupel will make a change. I'm hoping that Bailey is working hard to prepare for that eventuality, should it come. First though, he has to convince the UT coaches that he is better than Hooker who is clearly QB2.

Funny how half the posters on this board can say we have serious issues, and then people who get paid for a living to analyze sports can say the same thing, but we're all just crazy according to the pumpers.

Sorta like the thousands and thousands of people who get paid for a living to analyze the capabilities of the Taliban vs. the Afghan government forces. - you mean experts like that?

UT looked better on both sides of the LOS. That's a good start. But most of what we have to go on is based on each team beating up on two really, really bad teams. BGSU is likely better than UMass.... neither is good.

Reactions: butchna
I just don’t think Pitt has the run game or LOS players to beat us. I think we’re bigger, faster and stronger than them. I think they will face a lot of 3rd and longs and as long as we contain their QB, should be a win.

Kentucky's 1st week opponent is about on line with BG but folks are praising them. That's alright let em go at it, I like this underdog role. It's gonna be nice when we come out and whip Pitt! GBO!!!!!!
Difference in fan bases. Kentucky is happy with 9-3,8-4, or even 7-5. This fan base is not happy with anything. We didn’t look perfect the other night but looked good enough to win. Pitt is going to be a good measuring stick for where we’re at this season. I think there was more good than bad to take from the other night. Bad is coachable and fixable. Hope Milton can learn some finesse with the deep game, the kid can throw it through a car wash and it come out the other side bone dry but has got to fix the deep ball. He does that I think offensively we’ll be alright.

I just don’t think Pitt has the run game or LOS players to beat us. I think we’re bigger, faster and stronger than them. I think they will face a lot of 3rd and longs and as long as we contain their QB, should be a win.
It'll come down to QB play for us. Good QB play, we win. Without it we likely lose.

I think most Pitt fans are like Vol fans - they just want to see their team return to the days of playing well. This is a good game for both schools. I hope both teams play error free and injury free. I kind of like the idea of an annual Johnny Majors Kickoff Classic…especially if both schools can build their programs back to top 20 programs.

I think most Pitt fans are like Vol fans - they just want to see their team return to the days of playing well. This is a good game for both schools. I hope both teams play error free and injury free. I kind of like the idea of an annual Johnny Majors Kickoff Classic…especially if both schools can build their programs back to top 20 programs.

We’d have to fold in Iowa State I suppose.

Not sure Pitt would be down for that.

Reactions: Vol Main
Well, you may be right. I do find it odd though that most Volnationers predicted UT to go 6-6 or 7-5 this season and yet seem perplexed that UT didn't look like it is ready to go toe-to-toe with Bama. What do you really think a 6-6 or 7-5 looks like? Of course there are going to be issues. 6-6 teams usually don't have Heisman trophy level QB play. It's like many believe that Bailey looks a world beater in practice and Heupel chooses to ignore his superiority and has buried him 3rd on the depth chart. Others have argued that Harrison looked the best in the Orange and White game. Strangely, these same people apparently aren't pining for Jancek to be a starting WR based upon how *he* looked in the Orange and White game. Others have appled/oranged Bailey's play last year vs Milton's at Michigan, oblivious to the inherent illogic in that analysis.

I'm a Bailey guy. I wish he had come in, won the starting job last year, won the starting job this year, and shown himself to be the next Manning or Clausen in the making. But that's not reality. What seems true is that Milton needs to improve greatly. What seems likely is that if he does not, at some point, Heupel will make a change. I'm hoping that Bailey is working hard to prepare for that eventuality, should it come. First though, he has to convince the UT coaches that he is better than Hooker who is clearly QB2.
You have a strange sense of reality. You mention Bailey's play in the OW game - as though he has never played an actual game, when in fact he played five games last year. While he wasn't perfect in those games, he was miles and miles ahead of what we saw from Milton Thursday. His stats were markedly better, he looked better, and he was playing against far tougher competition.

If you can explain why Milton's 47% completion rate and complete and utter lack of fundamentals against Bowling Green are better than Bailey's 70.6% completion rate and sound fundamentals against UF and A&M and Auburn, I'm all ears. But you can't, and neither can our new HC, which is why so many of us are upset.

You have a strange sense of reality. You mention Bailey's play in the OW game - as though he has never played an actual game, when in fact he played five games last year. While he wasn't perfect in those games, he was miles and miles ahead of what we saw from Milton Thursday. His stats were markedly better, he looked better, and he was playing against far tougher competition.

If you can explain why Milton's 47% completion rate and complete and utter lack of fundamentals against Bowling Green are better than Bailey's 70.6% completion rate and sound fundamentals against UF and A&M and Auburn, I'm all ears. But you can't, and neither can our new HC, which is why so many of us are upset.
How many points did Bailey score for us in those games?

Now do your stat reversal and call it what it is. One came from the BIG ones SEC. Now tell me which carries more weight. I don't care if hes the starter. We will see how long it lasts. Bailey if hes smart transfers and plays. Georgia looks like they could use a QB.

I wonder if their fans have been through as much as UT fans have over the last several years.

Anyway, I predict UT runs the ball right down their throats and wins the game without any doubt.

It happens every year after week 1. Folks come on here bragging about some teams and poor mouthing others. They base game 1 as exactly how the season is going to go. I guarantee you come week 2 there will be some that look nothing like they did in week 1 in both directions. It happens every year but folks never fail to come back every year after the first week proclaiming how the season is going to go with this team or that team. Basing future performance off first week is not a good idea in general. Give it 2 or 3 games then things start to shake out. GBO!!!!!!
This is the perfect reason to expand the playoffs.
I have seen so many football teams lose 2 or 3 games but be so much stronger than the others in their league going into the playoffs. It happens every year, but with the current system these teams get left out.

It sucks to even be irrelevant, especially when you are a once proud program.
I hear ya, but I like it when people overlook me when I know I am ready. It makes the victory so much more sweet.

I don't expect UT to win the east the year, especially after seeing UGA's defense, but I think UT's run game is gonna give their opponents trouble and the defense will too.

I know I sound like a sunshine pumper.....LOL

VN Store

Back