So let me get this straight..

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
Hooker & Bailey isn’t able to beat out Milton for the starting QB position on a bad team yet, Heupel is supposed to bench Milton to play the other QB’s that’s not as good as him?

Do you really think Heupel is that stupid or some of you are really that narrowed minded?

The backup QB is always the most popular guy on campus. It's especially true when your QB is the main thing holding the offense back. Fans need to accept that there is a possible reality that Tennessee football won't be much better than what we've seen the past few years, at least this year. The talent isn't there to win SEC games this year, especially at QB.

Hooker & Bailey isn’t able to beat out Milton for the starting QB position on a bad team yet, Heupel is supposed to bench Milton to play the other QB’s that’s not as good as him?

Do you really think Heupel is that stupid or some of you are really that narrowed minded?
Ditto, agree completely. I think Bailey to get passed by Hooker and Milton shows me that he doesn’t get it.

I'm just shocked we have 2 QBs worse than Milton.

Do you believe everything is about practice ? Cause thats what Heupel has been seeing. We also saw how that turned out. The other 2 qbs have live game film. Give them a chance.

good morning to you too!

The backup QB is always the most popular guy on campus. It's especially true when your QB is the main thing holding the offense back. Fans need to accept that there is a possible reality that Tennessee football won't be much better than what we've seen the past few years, at least this year. The talent isn't there to win SEC games this year, especially at QB.
People are talking so much about Milton because they hoped he would be a marked improvement and he wasn't. Time will tell. I am not confident he makes it as starter through the whole year, but doesn't mean we have someone tons better either.

There are players, and then there are gamers. From my experience and what I have seen from his on-field presence, Bailey is a gamer. He can make every throw that Milton attempted last night and last year he sure appeared faster and quicker on his feet than Milton.

Is it beyond the imagination to think perhaps Huepel promised Milton a starting gig if he transferred to UT? If that is a possibility, then that doesn't necessarily mean Milton is better than either back up.

I don't think this scenario is far fetched. Who knows? But, I've seen Bailey, and I I've now seen Milton, and I'm not seeing the gap in Milton's favor.

I'm just shocked we have 2 QBs worse than Milton.
But we have 3 better than JG.

Crazy how the dialogue/opinions changed after the first two drives...went to hell in a hand basket real quick. Though there’s always drops, those two drops by Hyatt were drive killers. It appears this offense works great when it’s in sync, but a real issue when you get behind the sticks...

WHAT WE LEARNED---From Las Vegas.
Tennessee is not good. They will get rolled by almost every team they play in the SEC. Their Michigan transfer at QB will lead them nowhere. I love Heupel because I am a life long OU fan but he is going to have a rough year or 3 and be out of a job. They ran the ball well but were 7-15 on 3rd down and 1-3 on 4th down. They will not be able to run like this against the SEC.

Do you believe everything is about practice ? Cause thats what Heupel has been seeing. We also saw how that turned out. The other 2 qbs have live game film. Give them a chance.
UT was winning the game, Milton didn't throw any INT, he was able to get the team lined up and play off quickly like CJH wants. BG dropped 8 in coverage which meant running the ball was the correct thing to do.
Did Milton have a good passing game, not really but he didn't mess up enough to where a coach is going to pull him and give the start to another guy.
After game 3 if no improvement in play then, we may get to see someone else come in and see what they got.
I trust CJH more than Pruitt. CJH has shown he can work QB talent and was a QB himself.

I think the coach is blind. Both had looked better than Milton did last night

VN Store

Back