Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
QB: Milton definitely deserves a C+. Didn't do anything bad, but he holds onto the ball way too long, didn't see multiple open receivers, and stares down receivers as well. He didn't prove to me that he is anything better than Bailey tonight.

RB: Evans was good. Small had some good runs, too. Evans is definitely the better back, though. Gonna need both of them for the SEC so hopefully they both stay healthy. B+ for the group.

OL: Started the game out as a liability and would have rated them a D+. However, they really pulled it together the second half ending the game with what I would give as a B+.

WR: Poorly underused this game. Not much to go on. Although Velus didn't really help himself tonight. Only passed 24 times with Milton. Can definitely say that running the ball was the gameplay all along which is a little frustrating because I think people would agree they were hoping for more of a light show tonight. I guess I will give a solid B for what I saw. Also, Tillman with that grab! That was all him!

TE: I got nothing, but it looks like they can block?

DL: They will be good this year. Possibly great, but definitely good. A- is a good grade for them. Got some really good pressure on the QB tonight

LB: For some reason I didn't really pay too much attention to them tonight, but they looked to hold the middle down well. Definitely helped with providing good run support and getting to the QB. Grade: B

CB/S: They were good except for on the perimeter. BG made quite a few short throws out to the perimeter that allowed BG to get a number of first downs tonight. Definitely a liability with a better team on our schedule coming up. Other than that, I'd say they played well. Grade: B+

Kicking Game: We made all of our FG's and did well punting (although I think we punted way too many times tonight against a bad opponent). Still, can't argue with what they gave us. Grade: A

In no way do I think of myself as a football guru. Take my grades with a pinch of NaCl.

Definitely need to be more dynamic in the passing game next week vs. Pitt.

It’s going to take time. 4-5 year rebuild to be competitive in the league. Pepper your angus.

Reactions: SoilVol
We ran it 64 times and had 470 yards of offense. I’m sure that won’t be our game plan every week. Do you all think our route tree consists of 2 out patterns and 2 go routes? We treated it like a scrimmage. They came out focused and put up 2 quick tds. Got lazy and had to refocus. 300 plus yards in the second half. Yes it’s BG but I imagine they will be ready to go vs Pitt. Lots of guys got some good pt tonight. Good film to look through
This is a really good comment.

Just getting home. I really wasn't over-impressed with some of Milton's decision making. He needs to get better at that. He also needs to get rid of the ball quicker. Lots of room for improvement.

Was a bit surprised by the RB rotation in the fourth. Get to the point it's time to sit Small and Evans and out comes....Marcus Pierce Jr.?? Not Jaylen Wright. Not Dee Beckwith. Not even Len'Neth Whitehead. Just surprised me a bit.

WRs need to catch the damn ball when it hits them in the hands.

Defensively, we were very hit and miss on getting pressure. At times, it was great, and at other times, I was cussing the TV about our inability to get in. I just feel we should have dominated BG a lot more than we actually did.

Hopefully the adage about the most improvement coming between the first and second game comes true. I saw lots of room for improvement.

Davis to Tackle and Cade to the interior is what I thought happened when Cooper got hurt but I could be wrong
Lane came in when Coop first got hurt. I'm certain of that.

Just getting home. I really wasn't over-impressed with some of Milton's decision making. He needs to get better at that. He also needs to get rid of the ball quicker. Lots of room for improvement.

Was a bit surprised by the RB rotation in the fourth. Get to the point it's time to sit Small and Evans and out comes....Marcus Pierce Jr.?? Not Jaylen Wright. Not Dee Beckwith. Not even Len'Neth Whitehead. Just surprised me a bit.

WRs need to catch the damn ball when it hits them in the hands.

Defensively, we were very hit and miss on getting pressure. At times, it was great, and at other times, I was cussing the TV about our inability to get in. I just feel we should have dominated BG a lot more than we actually did.

Hopefully the adage about the most improvement coming between the first and second game comes true. I saw lots of room for improvement.

Wright got carries before Pierce.

QB: Milton definitely deserves a C+. Didn't do anything bad, but he holds onto the ball way too long, didn't see multiple open receivers, and stares down receivers as well. He didn't prove to me that he is anything better than Bailey tonight.

RB: Evans was good. Small had some good runs, too. Evans is definitely the better back, though. Gonna need both of them for the SEC so hopefully they both stay healthy. B+ for the group.

OL: Started the game out as a liability and would have rated them a D+. However, they really pulled it together the second half ending the game with what I would give as a B+.

WR: Poorly underused this game. Not much to go on. Although Velus didn't really help himself tonight. Only passed 24 times with Milton. Can definitely say that running the ball was the gameplay all along which is a little frustrating because I think people would agree they were hoping for more of a light show tonight. I guess I will give a solid B for what I saw. Also, Tillman with that grab! That was all him!

TE: I got nothing, but it looks like they can block?

DL: They will be good this year. Possibly great, but definitely good. A- is a good grade for them. Got some really good pressure on the QB tonight

LB: For some reason I didn't really pay too much attention to them tonight, but they looked to hold the middle down well. Definitely helped with providing good run support and getting to the QB. Grade: B

CB/S: They were good except for on the perimeter. BG made quite a few short throws out to the perimeter that allowed BG to get a number of first downs tonight. Definitely a liability with a better team on our schedule coming up. Other than that, I'd say they played well. Grade: B+

Kicking Game: We made all of our FG's and did well punting (although I think we punted way too many times tonight against a bad opponent). Still, can't argue with what they gave us. Grade: A

In no way do I think of myself as a football guru. Take my grades with a pinch of NaCl.

Definitely need to be more dynamic in the passing game next week vs. Pitt.

I agree with most of what you say on Milton except for the added Bailey comment. We have no idea what HB would do in this system, and the coaches, who have seen both operate in it, clearly think Milton has done the better job.

Something to add on Milton. He's not a RB. He needs to stop dancing and trying to break the big run when he has a first down right in front of him. There were at least two times he could have bulled ahead for a first, but tried to juke outside and got caught. Just get the first down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back