Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ran it 64 times and had 470 yards of offense. I’m sure that won’t be our game plan every week. Do you all think our route tree consists of 2 out patterns and 2 go routes? We treated it like a scrimmage. They came out focused and put up 2 quick tds. Got lazy and had to refocus. 300 plus yards in the second half. Yes it’s BG but I imagine they will be ready to go vs Pitt. Lots of guys got some good pt tonight. Good film to look through

38-6 is a decent win. I was expecting more points but am not yet ready to freak out. 309 yards in the second half was a big improvement. Need much, much, much better QB play.

More than anything, that’s why everyone is deflated. The throw game was just abysmal tonight (QB and WR), and that’s the one thing everyone was sure would improve under Heupel.

Honestly, I think people would be more upbeat if we had sucked in every phase except for the pass game and won something like 42-28.

Last edited:
We ran it 64 times and had 470 yards of offense. I’m sure that won’t be our game plan every week. Do you all think our route tree consists of 2 out patterns and 2 go routes? We treated it like a scrimmage. They came out focused and put up 2 quick tds. Got lazy and had to refocus. 300 plus yards in the second half. Yes it’s BG but I imagine they will be ready to go vs Pitt. Lots of guys got some good pt tonight. Good film to look through

I think this will be an offense that will look better with time/reps. It can take a bit to get used to playing fast. Looked uncomfortable at times. Eventually it won’t. Hopefully Hooker and Bailey see no reason to give up bc they can still take that job at some point.

Quality win. Honestly, I had a suspicion the passing game wouldn’t look great this early in the season.

Still feel good we can get to 6-6.

Reactions: BucVol98
First game. Main thing other than the win is to get game reps on film. I would expect a lot of improvement next week. DL/OL play was fun to watch for a change. Banks and Mitchell were solid. Man coverage looked good. Quarters side of the split coverage needs work. Like Small/Evans MUCH better than Chandler/Gray. Obvious area for improvement is getting QB/WR in sync. Sticking with 7 or 8 win regular season.

More than anything, that’s why everyone is deflated. The throw game was just abysmal tonight (QB and WR), and that’s the one thing everyone was sure would improve under Heupel.

Honestly, I think people would be more upbeat if we had sucked in every phase but the pass game and won something like 42-28.

Judging on today. This team will need to focus on run game and let that be it’s bread and butter at least to start the season and let the pass game find themselves along the way. I’d give a heavy dose of Small/Evans all year with how they looked today. Evans looks really really good

I'm not upset by the results. Milton was in a groove hitting quick passes early. It went a little errant in the middle, and he missed some deep throws plus 2 key drops. Not as good as I hoped, but he won the job for a reason. He's not Joe Burrow, we can drop that. He still has a lot of potential though. Wish he would run with a little more aggressiveness. Shout out to Tillman for always being open. Also we played super super vanilla.

Sounds like BG had some quality transfers. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying they are competing for a conference title but probably not the same team as last year. Next week starts the real test and that was a great warm up game

I definitely underrated Gabriel's down field accuracy. Milton does not have that yet.

I will be honest - I’m not sure he will ever have it. I read more about him over the last week or two and it sounds like he’s just never been a great passer.

The question for me is can he at least get close to the Dobbs level where his passing is serviceable and dangerous, when combined with his running.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back