Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSA. Don’t say “y’all” anymore. It’s racist.
It’s not racist to say or use “y’all.” She’s being criticized for using AAVE and using a “black accent” for personal gain or IOW cultural appropriation. But much of AAVE shares commonalities with general southern vernacular. Y’all is one of those words that black Americans carried with them during the Great Migration. Northern Americans and whites in other regions didn’t adopt these words but a lot of southern speech stayed in black communities outside the South. Y’all became popularized by black artists and whites and other ethnic groups outside the south began adopting it. However, as many of you will recall in our own life times white or black it was drilled into us that y’all was not a word and those who used it were seen as uneducated — that includes black communities outside the South who kept the word as a common part of daily speech.

It’s not racist to say or use “y’all.” She’s being criticized for using AAVE and using a “black accent” for personal gain or IOW cultural appropriation. But much of AAVE shares commonalities with general southern vernacular. Y’all is one of those words that black Americans carried with them during the Great Migration. Northern Americans and whites in other regions didn’t adopt these words but a lot of southern speech stayed in black communities outside the South. Y’all became popularized by black artists and whites and other ethnic groups outside the south began adopting it. However, as many of you will recall in our own life times white or black it was drilled into us that y’all was not a word and those who used it were seen as uneducated — that includes black communities outside the South who kept the word as a common part of daily speech.
Whatever it is, what is being done to her is some kind of "ism"....a lot of the people in Harlan County have speech patterns and words that sound like that..I'm getting sick of criticism...people speak like they speak.

No McGill don't listen to him. lol Just his opinion based on nothing he has seen or any of us has seen. If he wins the job then good for him but what the coaches are hoping for and what happens could be two entirely different things.
I know that, but if they really are doing everything they can to just make Milton the guy, then I don't blame HB if he says f it and goes somewhere else.

I don't think JH is that stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back