This is a 9-3 Schedule

He said 9-3 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Goodness sometimes it’s comically easy to see how some of y’all are so let down.

Agreed I was just saying 6-6 is not our ceiling… hell stuff could go wrong and we finish with 5 Ws I don’t believe that but with our history it is possible… I’m always a more positive poster but reality 9 winnable games and good talent I expect us to finish 7-5 and hope for 8-4…

9-3 is not completely out of the question. I think some are using last year as to what could happen this year. That logic is faulty. Now if our coaching staff and roster were still the same, then you could make that assumption. But they aren’t.

9-3 is not completely out of the question. I think some are using last year as to what could happen this year. That logic is faulty. Now if our coaching staff and roster were still the same, then you could make that assumption. But they aren’t.

For sure if we can find a way to upset one of the big 3 or we win all 9 winnable games… I’ve seen much crazier…

1. New Head Coach and new system that nobody knows
2. Anybody who was worth anything on defense is gone
3. We have no clue who our QB will be
4. We are Tennessee

Predictions:
1. We wont win any road games
2. We will be 2-2 to begin the season
3. Our D will be torched by everyone

Stretch Prediction: We lose the home opener

We wont win more than 5 games in year 1
Do you hate your own dog too? You are truly a beacon of negativity. What did you did when Tennessee was actually good? Probably complain about 11 win seasons if I was guessing.

It's a message board why don't you give me some counter points and discuss it. Never seen you do anything like that.

I'll gladly eat crow if the Vols could win more than 6 games. There just aren't any known facts to prove that right now.

There also isn’t any proven facts that we just win 6. Everyone is guessing. Nobody knows anything.

Reactions: VolWatchman
It used to be the case in the 70s and early 80s prior to Spurrier. Chilly November afternoons making the reptiles shrink in the chilly shade.

Yet UF still won more than they lost in Lexington in the 70s and 80s, and UF was garbage for most of the 70s.

We beat mizzou last year and we beat ourselves vs UK last year we moved the ball very easy just gave them TDs on pick 6s and crazy fumble TOs… our secondary is not terrible at all especially with the 2 transfer corners and a very experienced safety group… DL took a slight hit but still have a very solid 2 deep no super stars but a bunch of dudes that play hard with an elite DL coach could be good… LB play is the weakest spot but the transfer from Texas, banks, Harrison, Willis could all be formidable better than ovc level… and when your offense is playing well it causes momentum and allows the defense to play with more freedom and confidence… our defense wasn’t terrible last season it’s hard to be inspired to play defense when you know the offense is terrible… all this factors into my thinking and I think it’s a good thing that one Qb has not separated themselves at this point we need a legit fair Qb competition… ppl look at it negative I look at it as we have multiple Legit options at Qb… we named JG the Qb way too early last year CJH will pick the guy and put him in positions to succeed… I understand the hesitancy but this schedule is not a gauntlet and there are 9 winnable games…

I hope you are right, but:
--DL: Still no speed rusher in sight and that's a must w/inexperience LBs and a suspect DB
--LB: The guy from Texas was a starter but this group needs a lot more
--DB: Still don't see a shutdown guy or top end speed here.
But, this group works on causing turnovers so maybe they can get enough of these to keep the offense in the game.

--OL: best unit on the team but still a lot of new guys. If they can open some holes a RB could get some big plays
--RB: No proven HR threat at this point. I like the big guy but this offense is not set up for 6'5" RBs. Hope the JUCO guy can be a +
--WR: Speed on paper. Need a #1 guy to take pressure off the other guys. But, at least enough potential to be excited about this group....some
--QB: Vols brought in another guy this week. Appears they are not confident in anyone yet. If one of them gets hot, this could change a lot for this team

Best news is JG and Pruitt "is" (Pruittism) gone and this team may play with more passion than the slop we saw last year. If Heupel is the offensive guru as advertised, the games could at least be entertaining. This team will need to win the turnover battle every week but the schedule pretty much guarantees 3 wins. Pitt, SC, & Vandy are toss ups, Vols will need a break or two to win at UK and Missouri. Vols will have to score 60 to beat Ole Miss. Any other win will be an upset........I guess I just gave some credence to your possible 9 wins but I think I'd have a better chance of hitting the lottery for all of those to click.

BTW: I was at last year's Missouri game but it was early in the year and the rest of the season became a blur of head scratching mistakes and losses that all of the games ran together. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I hope you are right, but:
--DL: Still no speed rusher in sight and that's a must w/inexperience LBs and a suspect DB
--LB: The guy from Texas was a starter but this group needs a lot more
--DB: Still don't see a shutdown guy or top end speed here.
But, this group works on causing turnovers so maybe they can get enough of these to keep the offense in the game.

--OL: best unit on the team but still a lot of new guys. If they can open some holes a RB could get some big plays
--RB: No proven HR threat at this point. I like the big guy but this offense is not set up for 6'5" RBs. Hope the JUCO guy can be a +
--WR: Speed on paper. Need a #1 guy to take pressure off the other guys. But, at least enough potential to be excited about this group....some
--QB: Vols brought in another guy this week. Appears they are not confident in anyone yet. If one of them gets hot, this could change a lot for this team

Best news is JG and Pruitt "is" (Pruittism) gone and this team may play with more passion than the slop we saw last year. If Heupel is the offensive guru as advertised, the games could at least be entertaining. This team will need to win the turnover battle every week but the schedule pretty much guarantees 3 wins. Pitt, SC, & Vandy are toss ups, Vols will need a break or two to win at UK and Missouri. Vols will have to score 60 to beat Ole Miss. Any other win will be an upset........I guess I just gave some credence to your possible 9 wins but I think I'd have a better chance of hitting the lottery for all of those to click.

BTW: I was at last year's Missouri game but it was early in the year and the rest of the season became a blur of head scratching mistakes and losses that all of the games ran together. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Don’t sleep on baron and young on the edge that could be a duo… not proven but like the part and have the skill set to be very good sec pass rushers…

Dbs solid I don’t see a shut down guy at the moment but again enough talent and potential for one to emerge… Rb I’m not worried between Small, Evans, Wright (Homerun hitter), and beckwith we have more than enough… I think Hyatt could easily develop into that number 1 we need a blazer with good hands and confidence but Tillman, Jones, Payton, Hyatt, Calloway, holiday, Keyton, gives us enough speed and bodies that I’m sure multiple playmakers will emerge in CJH offense… finally that Qb brought in was a depth and scout team guy as CJH knows that we likely have a minimum of 2 transfers at the Qb spot when a starter is named… bring in somebody who is familiar with the offense already but he has 0 chance of starting… Go vols

OM game will be a shootout im not sure if 60 is the number to win but either way we are built for that from a coaching philosophy stand point… mizzou, SC, UK, Pitt, Vandy, 3 other OOC games have equal or less talent than we do all games are winnable and I’d be upset if we don’t get a minimum of 6 of these.

Well, if nothing else, you have be believing there are 6 wins in there somewhere. That gets the Vols to a bowl game and if they can get to the Music City vs Northwestern like another thread predicted, I'd be very satisfied in the season.

I am very confident in a successful season based on the schedule alone, however 9 wins is a stretch. To me, Ole Miss and Missouri are toss ups. 8-4 is more likely or 7-5 with a slip up against Kentucky or Pitt.

How would 9-3 sit with the Vol Nation if the 3 losses were Florida, Georgia, and Alabama? Suppose for instance, that the next 3 seasons result in that same regular season result, and include a bowl game victory, thus 10-3 for the next three years. Would the coaching staff be in jeopardy or due for an extension and raise?

At most? No it isn’t better as last year was all conference games.
5-7 is better than 3-7 record wise regardless if it's conference wins or non-conference wins. Last year's team would struggle with several of the non-conference games we have this year. IF you have been around as long as I have and seen the pre-season hype and talk for the years that I have seen, then you will not fall for anything until you see the game played on the field. A few injuries here and there can dramatically change the course of the season. Hopefully it doesn't. But.....Time will tell and the season is almost here for us to see.

5-7 is better than 3-7 record wise regardless if it's conference wins or non-conference wins. Last year's team would struggle with several of the non-conference games we have this year. IF you have been around as long as I have and seen the pre-season hype and talk for the years that I have seen, then you will not fall for anything until you see the game played on the field. A few injuries here and there can dramatically change the course of the season. Hopefully it doesn't. But.....Time will tell and the season is almost here for us to see.

No. Last year's record was 3-7 in an all conference schedule. If UT were to go 5-7 in 2021 with a 1-7 or 2-6 conference record, it would not be better.

No matter how much you want them to be, OOC games will never be equal to conference games. You don't get to Atlanta by beating the likes of Bowling Green and losing to Kentucky.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
How would 9-3 sit with the Vol Nation if the 3 losses were Florida, Georgia, and Alabama? Suppose for instance, that the next 3 seasons result in that same regular season result, and include a bowl game victory, thus 10-3 for the next three years. Would the coaching staff be in jeopardy or due for an extension and raise?

That would be a dream season. Heck, I would be happy with 6-6 after what we have been through. I don't see us winning @ Missouri after Florida, I don't see us beating a more mature Ole Miss team, and I am not confident about Kentucky.

Our offense has the potential to be good, but there are still questions on the OL and quarterback. The defense is a crap shoot going into the season, with huge question marks on the DL, linebackers, and secondary. Plus, we have little quality depth at any positions. Add into the equation new coaches with new systems. Anybody that thinks we should win 7 or 8 games is setting themselves up for a big disappointment. If EVERYTHING goes great, including no injuries, we could win 7 or 8 games. It's more likely that we win 5 or 6. It's sad, but it's the reality of where the program is. Hopefully we have hit bottom and this staff will start laying the groundwork and putting the pieces back together to climb our way back towards the top. It's not going to happen quickly (1 or 2 years) especially with the NCAA investigation hanging over our heads. Slow and steady progress on the field, combined with a supportive fanbase, is what we need.

VN Store

Back