Vaccine or not?

Reactions: ohhbother
I hope your folks get through this no worse for the wear. I have a friend who is 50, no underlying conditions that would make her high risk. She caught it, now has a heart condition and lung issues. To complicate matters, her employer switched health insurance after covid but prior to learning of the long lasting effects and her new health insurance is refusing coverage because they are calling them a pre-existing condition.

I can't see that "pre-existing condition" flying if she had coverage the entire time. Wasn't birth to death coverage an obamaCare mandate?

Yep, that's the nutty part of this - he's a MD. However, he's a book-smart guy - absolutely brilliant but no one has ever accused him of having a lick of common sense. One of those forest for the tree's kind of deal, he's blinded by politics and he's a die hard gator, so coming to this conclusion was a little easier.

The everyone having to live with it is actually hitting home a little more than I thought it would, 'living with it' may become synonymous with 'picking up the pieces.'

This sh*t was avoidable.

Sorry, but there's your problem.

Reactions: Septic and AM64
For employees. And only those delivering care to already vulnerable people.

As usual with right wing media and posters, the headline does not match the facts and the re-posting of it repeats the misrepresentation.

There is absolutely no misrepresentation in this headline. "First Federal Agency Mandating Covid-19 Vaccines." Can you not read?

If you and yours are vaccinated, then you have no complaint against those that aren't. If you aren't vaccinated because you haven't been offered, stay away from the unvaccinated until you get the shot. Antivaxxers have no responsibility to protect you or others. You and you alone have that responsibility. Stop trying to control others' actions, and mind your own business, busybody.

So the German Autobahn theory of public health.

There is absolutely no misrepresentation in this headline. "First Federal Agency Mandating Covid-19 Vaccines." Can you not read?

Please.

You know damn well the point was to freak people out that they will be mandated to get a vaccine and that is not remotely what it says.

Did he not notice that Trump and his family got vaccinated in January?

Who knows? He probably thought it was all for show and thought he was reading between the lines as trump got the vax and then poor mouthed it at the same time. He bought the "it's no big deal" narrative from the beginning. Frankly, assume that he comes out of this - I fully expect him to plant his feet firmly and never admit that he was wrong. Love the man, but his 'im never wrong' mindset is infuriating.

Who knows? He probably thought it was all for show and thought he was reading between the lines as trump got the vax and then poor mouthed it at the same time. He bought the "it's no big deal" narrative from the beginning. Frankly, assume that he comes out of this - I fully expect him to plant his feet firmly and never admit that he was wrong. Love the man, but his 'im never wrong' mindset is infuriating.

Its not just infuriating. It is nothing short of pathological. His narcissism knows no bounds.

What actual US government official has suggested the government mandate the vaccine?

Yeah, you've got a really good point there. :rolleyes: Government officials, have lately been shaming, bullying, attacking, ostracizing and slandering the unvaccinated - just like you. How dare me think they would mandate it - even though many are reported to have been seriously discussing it? Recall that it was unthinkable and unmentionable for government officials to literally shut down every state economy - until they did it.

Or is that just more glossing over these important distinctions so as to make it seem like refusal to get the vaccine is somehow virtuous?

I rest my case, counselor.

Difference between talk and likelihood. I don't think a government vax mandate is coming down the pike. Never had one before, right?

Employer mandates are already here. Free market. School and government employee mandates are likely (maybe here?). Still acceptable, IMO.
That is my concern. They govt will use private employers as a proxy. Just like Jen Psaki revealed that govt is working with social media companies to censor social media posts, why is it beyond the realm of possibility that the govt/administration could work on the back end and have employers impose certain mandates to return to work?

Yeah, you've got a really good point there. :rolleyes: Government officials, have lately been shaming, bullying, attacking, ostracizing and slandering the unvaccinated - just like you. How dare me think they would mandate it - even though many are reported to have been seriously discussing it? Recall that it was unthinkable and unmentionable for government officials to literally shut down every state economy - until they did it.

I rest my case, counselor.

Yes. Everyone intelligent person in the world has a moral obligaiton to tell the weak-minded that the vaccine is worthwhile.

I miss the 50's. When lifesaving vaccinations became available there was no need for the Gov't to mandate taking them. People had enough sense to protect themselves, their families and neighbors. Eliminating polio was one of the greatest achievements in world history.
Plus the decision back then was a lot easier to make. The choice back then was risk getting polio or take a chance with the vaccine.

But now we are being asked to make a decision between getting an unknown vaccine or getting COVID, which essentially has the same survival rate as a severe case of influenza... I much rather take a chance on getting influenza than polio.

Yes. Everyone intelligent person in the world has a moral obligaiton to tell the weak-minded that the vaccine is worthwhile.

More of the typical condescension, arrogance, and self righteousness of the bully. You and other elitists (and decent people, too) have done all you can to tell anyone and everyone the vaccine is worthwhile, (even though in your case you have no expertise in medicine and vaccines, instead you thrive as a slip and fall parasite), and if some still don't believe you, then that's that, right? Perhaps if it wasn't for your smug arrogance, more people would believe you and your elitist creep brethren about the vaccines.

Reactions: 10nacvols
So my mother went to the hospital yesterday, step-father went today with a raging cases of covid. They are were sychophantic trump loving anti-vaxxers, taking HCQ (of course) and would screech about how it was a "untested" to anyone who dared mention that they were both posterchildren of people who were at high risk. Wonder how they like getting pumped full of remdesivir and dexamethasone?

Just f**ing lovely.

I'm all for people and their "right" to decide, but just be aware that if and when sh*t goes south - everyone is going to look at you like you're a damn moron. I love my folks and hope like hell they get better but it's hard to conjure up any sympathy at the moment.
The vax isn't 100%...

There are two scenarios:
1. Take a chance on surviving COVID
2. Take a chance on surviving COVID AND the vaccine

I would rather take my chances with only one unknown instead of multiple variables.

As your post illustrates, it's a stretch to blame Trump. This is on your stepfather. He screwed up and I hope he doesn't pay with his life. I voted for Trump twice and I was first in line to get vaxxed in mid January. This isn't about Trump. Hell it's his vaccine. It makes zero sense that he'd discourage anyone from getting it

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back