Vaccine or not?

The more people the virus spreads to the more likely it is to mutate. The next mutation or the one after that may be resistant to vaccines and may even be more deadly.

The seasonal flu is deadly to the many elderly. We have about a 50% flu vaccination rate. Those that don't get the flu vaccine, by your reasoning, are increasing the risk of those that get the vaccine by infection of a flu mutation. And yet no one has ever suggested mandatory flu vaccinations. Why is that?

If every American got vaccinated, you think it will go away? YOu for closing down the borders to legals and illegals alike?

I believe it would be better for everyone if most Americans were vaccinated. Then we can concentrate on getting the vaccine to the rest of the world. not be able to eliminate it but we should try.

Aren't you one of those who believed it would "magically disappear".

I believe it would be better for everyone if most Americans were vaccinated. Then we can concentrate on getting the vaccine to the rest of the world. not be able to eliminate it but we should try.

Aren't you one of those who believed it would "magically disappear".

No not me. I said 1-1/2 years ago everyone would get it.
I really havent commented on the vax or not vax as I am open to both arguments.

The seasonal flu is deadly to the many elderly. We have about a 50% flu vaccination rate. Those that don't get the flu vaccine, by your reasoning, are increasing the risk of those that get the vaccine by infection of a flu mutation. And yet no one has ever suggested mandatory flu vaccinao tions. Why is that?

There were an estimated 20-40 thousand flu deaths in 2019. Covid killed hundreds of thousands in the first year. Most of those 20-40 thousand who died didn't have to .

So my mother went to the hospital yesterday, step-father went today with a raging cases of covid. They are were sychophantic trump loving anti-vaxxers, taking HCQ (of course) and would screech about how it was a "untested" to anyone who dared mention that they were both posterchildren of people who were at high risk. Wonder how they like getting pumped full of remdesivir and dexamethasone?

Just f**ing lovely.

I'm all for people and their "right" to decide, but just be aware that if and when sh*t goes south - everyone is going to look at you like you're a damn moron. I love my folks and hope like hell they get better but it's hard to conjure up any sympathy at the moment.

So my mother went to the hospital yesterday, step-father went today with a raging cases of covid. They are were sychophantic trump loving anti-vaxxers, taking HCQ (of course) and would screech about how it was a "untested" to anyone who dared mention that they were both posterchildren of people who were at high risk. Wonder how they like getting pumped full of remdesivir and dexamethasone?

Just f**ing lovely.

I'm all for people and their "right" to decide, but just be aware that if and when sh*t goes south - everyone is going to look at you like you're a damn moron. I love my folks and hope like hell they get better but it's hard to conjure up any sympathy at the moment.

It isnt just Trumpers or Repubs
1627330679050.png

Reactions: Rickyvol77

Just f**ing lovely.

Sorry to hear this. Old people should certainly vaccinate.

Reactions: AM64 and Septic

Just f**ing lovely.

I hope your folks get through this no worse for the wear. I have a friend who is 50, no underlying conditions that would make her high risk. She caught it, now has a heart condition and lung issues. To complicate matters, her employer switched health insurance after covid but prior to learning of the long lasting effects and her new health insurance is refusing coverage because they are calling them a pre-existing condition.

Reactions: Septic
Not sure why this is relevant to me. They aren't black, and they damn sure aren't democrat's.

Trumpers in every sense of the word, all four kids begged them to get it and all we got in return is FNC bullet points.

Because you said they were Trump lovin anti vaxxers and made it political. And I do hope they have a healthy recovery.

Just f**ing lovely.

Sorry to hear about your mom and stepdad, but didn't you say that your stepdad was a plastic surgeon and had no intentions of taking the vaccine? If a medical doctor decides not to take the vaccine, what the hell do you expect everyday plumbers and electricians to do? Everyone makes a decision and everyone has to live with it.

Because you said they were Trump lovin anti vaxxers and made it political. And I do hope they have a healthy recovery.

Because THAT is why they haven't gotten the vaccine. It was purely political... 100%

Try to keep up.

200.gif

Sorry to hear about your mom and stepdad, but didn't you say that your stepdad was a plastic surgeon and had no intentions of taking the vaccine? If a medical doctor decides not to take the vaccine, what the hell do you expect everyday plumbers and electricians to do? Everyone makes a decision and everyone has to live with it.

Yep, that's the nutty part of this - he's a MD. However, he's a book-smart guy - absolutely brilliant but no one has ever accused him of having a lick of common sense. One of those forest for the tree's kind of deal, he's blinded by politics and he's a die hard gator, so coming to this conclusion was a little easier.

The everyone having to live with it is actually hitting home a little more than I thought it would, 'living with it' may become synonymous with 'picking up the pieces.'

This sh*t was avoidable.

Reactions: AM64
The seasonal flu is deadly to the many elderly. We have about a 50% flu vaccination rate. Those that don't get the flu vaccine, by your reasoning, are increasing the risk of those that get the vaccine by infection of a flu mutation. And yet no one has ever suggested mandatory flu vaccinations. Why is that?

What actual US government official has suggested the government mandate the vaccine?

Or is that just more glossing over these important distinctions so as to make it seem like refusal to get the vaccine is somehow virtuous?

Yep, that's the nutty part of this - he's a MD. However, he's a book-smart guy - absolutely brilliant but no one has ever accused him of having a lick of common sense. One of those forest for the tree's kind of deal, he's blinded by politics and he's a die hard gator, so coming to this conclusion was a little easier.

The everyone having to live with it is actually hitting home a little more than I thought it would, 'living with it' may become synonymous with 'picking up the pieces.'

This sh*t was avoidable.

Did he not notice that Trump and his family got vaccinated in January?

VN Store

Back