2021 SEC Predictions.

My predictions:

SEC East:

1. Florida
2. Georgia
3. Missouri
4. Tennessee
5. Kentucky
6. South Carolina - This one scares me as they could go as high as #4. Mystery team.
7. Vanderbilt

3-7 are all interchangeable.

SEC West:

1. Alabama
2. Texas A&M
3. LSU
4. Ole Miss
5. Mississippi State
6. Arkansas
7. Auburn

Auburn is a good #7 but I had to go with someone at the bottom. I expect Mississippi teams to get a big boost with 2nd year coaches. (Generally coaches do better in their 2nd year).

The West is WAY BETTER than the East. I would put Auburn at #4 or higher in SEC East for example.

Champion: Alabama (unfortunately)

Reactions: Jaws
Everyone is assuming ... and we know about making assumptions, right? ...
No virus issues.
No injuries.
No weather issues.
All teams perform to their 'expected' levels.
18-23 year old males (based on person experience) - make some really stupid decisions.
In the next 133 days - nothing weird happens.
I refuse to get into this game of ... if and dare. :^ ))))))))

I don’t know about 2021 but according to the Houston chronicle, Texas and Oklahoma have both reached out to the SEC about joining! An announcement on expansion could come in a matter of weeks.
Anyone else seeing or hearing this?
GBO!!

Throw out the 2 Pick 6s, we still lose by double digits.....

UK imposed their will on us and as a result our players quit on Pruitt.
. We were running the ball good on them early in the game then JG’s picks did us in but yea the players def rolled over and quit on Pruitt and that game wasn’t the first time they did that.

I don’t know about 2021 but according to the Houston chronicle, Texas and Oklahoma have both reached out to the SEC about joining! An announcement on expansion could come in a matter of weeks.
Anyone else seeing or hearing this?
GBO!![/QUOTE. The SEC will never take Texas they would take Oklahoma though

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

doesnt work like that. Those back 2 back pick 6's plus a 3rd turnover right after that helped build momentum for KY in the 1st place.

doesnt work like that. Those back 2 back pick 6's plus a 3rd turnover right after that helped build momentum for KY in the 1st place.

It works like this. Pruitt "prepared" our team. We did nothing to start the game (just like a Pruitt team normally did). Pruitt's QB gifted them 14 points. Got some momentum before halftime but failed to execute the 2 minute drill (another Pruitt hallmark). We went into halftime only down 10. We failed to make any adjustments (another Pruitt hallmark), the other team took over in the 3rd (another Pruitt hallmark), then the team rolled over and quit on Pruitt.

We lose that game with or without the pick 6s.

I would love to have Henry T back. But he wasn't a great LB last year. Mitchell had similar stats and from what little I could tell was better in pass coverage than Henry T ever was.

I agree that HT wasn't a great LB'er last year, but he plays probably the toughest position on defense from a learning perspective. I've seen lots of college middle/inside linebackers really bloom in their 3rd/4th season. Henry is a very good athlete, so it'll be interesting to see how he progresses mentally.

As for ranking the conference, people love to do it but it's a full time job to understand all those teams and moving parts. Georgia should be the favorite in the east based on team talent, but that's heavily dependent on JT Daniels, and his mechanics/knee recovery are still a question mark in my opinion. Plus, Georgia's secondary has a lot of new faces. Florida has to replace Trask and company. Tennessee has plenty of talent, but you also have plenty of turnover, and a whole new staff and scheme. Auburn's situation is very similar to Tennessee. Bama is Bama, but their new quarterback will have to be really good to maintain last year's offensive pace, so Golding needs to get their defense back to Bama standards. LSU has to rebuild their culture more than anything else. I wouldn't say the league is wide open, but it's less predictable than most years I believe.

Starting 2022, NIL and professional college ball will really begin to shake things up, both within the SEC and without. It's possible that the recent era of SEC dominance is done, or at least dented as recruits follow the money.

Reactions: sjt18
My predictions:

SEC East:

1. Florida
2. Georgia
3. Missouri
4. Tennessee
5. Kentucky
6. South Carolina - This one scares me as they could go as high as #4. Mystery team.
7. Vanderbilt

SEC West:

1. Alabama
2. Texas A&M
3. LSU
4. Ole Miss
5. Mississippi State
6. Arkansas
7. Auburn

Auburn is a good #7 but I had to go with someone at the bottom. I expect Mississippi teams to get a big boost with 2nd year coaches. (Generally coaches do better in their 2nd year).

The West is WAY BETTER than the East. I would put Auburn at #4 or higher in SEC East for example.

Agree with this order, both sides.

Because don’t they always. Florida trounced them last year by 24 and have beaten them something like 34 out of the last 35 years, but yep, Kentucky will beat Florida, as usual.
. This isn’t the same old Kentucky. Yea Florida won by a good margin last year but the last 5 games before that have been very close with Kentucky winning in 2018. I like what Stoops is building there.

Hey Vol fans, love this site and engaging in the threads. I do note it is almost unanimous here that SC has little to no talent and is probably only better than Vandy. Understandable.

SC was also handicapped by a bad coach, for the past 4 years in Muschamp. He wasn’t a terrible recruiter though. If you have access to the 24/7 team talent rankings from 2020, you might notice SC just one spot below UT. There are a few 5 stars and almost as many four stars at SC as at UT prior to the exodus.

Point being, SC is not in a dreadful way talent wise, unless you compare them to Bama, UGA etc. Probably weak at WR and CB relatively speaking. Very thin at LB and maybe safety, but solid with the 1’s.

Solid to strong on OL (return 4/5 starters). Very strong at RB and deep. same at TE even though some of them are not known to everyone yet. DL is deep, 2 five stars and 5 four stars with most very experienced.

Yeah, the question is at QB, he is a 4 star duel, but not much experience, only started three games at end of year. A junior transfer QB to back up. Not ideal.

I just was noticing where everyone here was thinking no talent at SC. They have some offensive and defensive players on all sec teams, ST‘s main pieces back and tbh, like UT fans, SC fans are hoping a whole new staff and environment helps. Muschamp killed the joy at SC like a chokehold taking your breath away slowly, a little bit every day.

SC might have a little fight in them this year, probably not the pushover everyone expects from them. The RB’s are legit and really good, the OL is also. The DL should be pretty good also.

Peace and best of luck this year also.

Last edited:
It works like this. Pruitt "prepared" our team. We did nothing to start the game (just like a Pruitt team normally did). Pruitt's QB gifted them 14 points. Got some momentum before halftime but failed to execute the 2 minute drill (another Pruitt hallmark). We went into halftime only down 10. We failed to make any adjustments (another Pruitt hallmark), the other team took over in the 3rd (another Pruitt hallmark), then the team rolled over and quit on Pruitt.

We lose that game with or without the pick 6s.
Uhh that's not how it works sir.... You trying to count garbage time to make the turnovers irrelevant forgetting the fact that if you turn it over as much as we did in the way we did you most likely losing that game. Did you watch the game?? KY threw for 101 yards, didnt have a WR over 38 yards, & nobody on their team rushed for 75yards. They did even less then we did on offense. Gray & Chandler nearly had more yards then their entire team and they really couldnt stop them.Those turnovers changed the approach to the game. You said if you take away the 2 pick 6's we would have been down 10 at halftime which also is not correct. Without our turnovers, we go into the half up 7-0 at the very least. Hell one of those pick 6's was like a 70 yard return which means we had at least 3 in our back pocket on that drive. Without the turnovers we more then likely go to halftime up 10 or 14. Every single point they got in the 1st half came from our turnovers. Being up 10-14 points going into the half is alot different then going into the half down 10 points. I dont know who you expect to beat with 2 pick 6's and another fumble deep in your own territory. If you are going to spot the opponent 17 points in a football game you probably losing that game, BIG.

Uhh that's not how it works sir.... You trying to count garbage time to make the turnovers irrelevant forgetting the fact that if you turn it over as much as we did in the way we did you most likely losing that game. Did you watch the game?? KY threw for 101 yards, didnt have a WR over 38 yards, & nobody on their team rushed for 75yards. They did even less then we did on offense. Gray & Chandler nearly had more yards then their entire team and they really couldnt stop them.Those turnovers changed the approach to the game. You said if you take away the 2 pick 6's we would have been down 10 at halftime which also is not correct. Without our turnovers, we go into the half up 7-0 at the very least. Hell one of those pick 6's was like a 70 yard return which means we had at least 3 in our back pocket on that drive. Without the turnovers we more then likely go to halftime up 10 or 14. Every single point they got in the 1st half came from our turnovers. Being up 10-14 points going into the half is alot different then going into the half down 10 points. I dont know who you expect to beat with 2 pick 6's and another fumble deep in your own territory. If you are going to spot the opponent 17 points in a football game you probably losing that game, BIG.

Your reading comprehension is lacking. We were down 17-7 with the ball, the momentum, and the ball to start the second half and we F'ed up the 2 minute drill right before halftime. At halftime, Pruitt was too busy firing coaches and we made no adjustments. In our first 3 drives of the 2nd half, we ran 10 plays. In their first 3 drives, they scored 17 points. UK didn't have the yards because they took the air out the ball in the 4th and they barely touched it in the 2nd quarter. We were manhandled in the 2nd half. UK let the clock run out instead of making it 41-7 and they dropped a gimme TD pass in the first half (on the FG drive)

Obviously you still haven't gotten over your nonstop defense of Pruitt even after he is gone.

. This isn’t the same old Kentucky. Yea Florida won by a good margin last year but the last 5 games before that have been very close with Kentucky winning in 2018. I like what Stoops is building there.

I like Stoops a lot, can’t believe someone hasn’t snagged him away from UK yet.

But given history, it’s hard for me to understand anyone matter-of-factly picking Kentucky over Florida.

But I’ll agree, Stoops has built one helluva tough out at Kentucky. I’ll also say this, that game is in a real dangerous spot for Florida. Consecutive games vs South Florida (will be a grudge match because so many players know each other), then Bama and Tenn at home in consecutive weeks, followed by a trip to Kentucky. Good spot to pick an upset, hope you’re wrong.

Your reading comprehension is lacking. We were down 17-7 with the ball, the momentum, and the ball to start the second half and we F'ed up the 2 minute drill right before halftime. At halftime, Pruitt was too busy firing coaches and we made no adjustments. In our first 3 drives of the 2nd half, we ran 10 plays. In their first 3 drives, they scored 17 points. UK didn't have the yards because they took the air out the ball in the 4th and they barely touched it in the 2nd quarter. We were manhandled in the 2nd half. UK let the clock run out instead of making it 41-7 and they dropped a gimme TD pass in the first half (on the FG drive)

Obviously you still haven't gotten over your nonstop defense of Pruitt even after he is gone.

We crush them without the pick 6's Shrouts pick and JG's fumble before all that.

When we were still trying before the turnovers we were running the ball at will and we would have continued to do so. Dominate the line of scrimmage, control the clock and beat them like Missouri.

But Pruitt preferred to shoot himself in the head by using JG.

My predictions:

SEC East:

1. Florida
2. Georgia
3. Missouri
4. Tennessee
5. Kentucky
7. Vanderbilt

SEC West:

1. Alabama
2. Texas A&M
3. LSU
4. Ole Miss
5. Mississippi State
6. Arkansas
7. Auburn

Think Auburn is too low and I think Georgia beats Florida, but otherwise I agree.

We crush them without the pick 6's Shrouts pick and JG's fumble before all that.

When we were still trying before the turnovers we were running the ball at will and we would have continued to do so. Dominate the line of scrimmage, control the clock and beat them like Missouri.

But Pruitt preferred to shoot himself in the head by using JG.
KY only had 68 yards of total offense in the first half and were up 17-7. Without the turnovers we're up at least 17-0, maybe more. Ridiculous to say it had no affect.

KY out gained UT 294-287, how is that imposing their will on us? You also mentioned Pruitt, who is no longer here so advantage UT.

I am confused why people are so enamored with KY. They lost last year (2020) by double digits to Auburn, Missouri, UGA, Alabama and Florida. Also lost to below average Ole Miss team. Then beat four bad teams. Don“t tell me it was a COVID year so it doesn’t count. Then UT’s season doesn’t count either and in 2019 UT had the same record as KY (8-5) and beat them. In 2019 KY was decent because of one player and he is long gone now.

KY out gained UT 294-287, how is that imposing their will on us? You also mentioned Pruitt, who is no longer here so advantage UT.

Let's start with 2 minutes to go in the 1st half. We had the momentum. We had the ball. We had the ball to begin the 2nd half. We were down 17-7. Here is what happened

UT:
3 and out in two minute drill
3 and out in opening possession of 2nd half
3 and out in 2nd possession of 2nd half
4 and out in 3rd possession
Move ball but not score against UK backups while down 27

UK:
Kneel the ball to get to halftime
Touchdown on 1st possession of 2nd half
Field Goal on 2nd possession of 2nd half
Touchdown on 3rd possession of 2nd half
Move ball down field last 7 minutes of game. Kneeled down instead of making it 41-7

If this isn't imposing our will or overpowering us, I don't know what is.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
I am confused why people are so enamored with KY. They lost last year (2020) by double digits to Auburn, Missouri, UGA, Alabama and Florida. Also lost to below average Ole Miss team. Then beat four bad teams. Don“t tell me it was a COVID year so it doesn’t count. Then UT’s season doesn’t count either and in 2019 UT had the same record as KY (8-5) and beat them. In 2019 KY was decent because of one player and he is long gone now.

I don't think anyone is enormed with them or Mizzou as much as the SEC East is weak once you get past UGA and UF (and UF has some questions of their own). Someone has to finish 3rd in the East. UK or Mizzou is likely the best bet.

Reaf
. Kentucky will beat Florida. I think they are going to be very solid they might have the best offensive line returning in the SEC this year. Are they exciting to watch nope but Stoops has done a good job there and he is steadily building them into a annual top 25 team pretty good for Kentucky football standards. I would buy stock in Kentucky this season I think they win 9 games maybe 10.
Reading your stuff is pointless and hilarious

Please google "how to troll"
Bc you ain't doin it rite

Reactions: sjt18

VN Store

Back