New SEC Divisions

East isn't much worse than what Tennessee plays now. We play Alabama anyway, and we'll just pick up Auburn. We used to play Auburn a lot. I like this realignment.

We're not going to be great for a while, either way. The real question is: Does this re-shuffle make our road back to relevance a longer one?

I would predict that they do away with divisions in the event Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC, and instead shift to a four pod system, with four teams to a pod.

The problem is determining who goes where. Peter Burns posited a list on the SEC network that had us with Auburn, Bama and Vandy. I personally HATE that option, and would much rather be paired with Georgia, Florida and South Carolina in such a situation.

Regardless of how it shakes out, I anticipate that UT will get screwed.

Hahaha you are delusional

Don't know how accurate the information I'm hearing (such as the Full Ride with Chris Childers and Rick N.) on the radio, but it's being reported that 75% of the 14 schools would have to vote yes to allow them to join. That means only 4 schools would have to vote no in order to block it. I think that is a real possibility. A&M, Arkansas, and Missouri could be in the no category. I'm thinking LSU and the Gumps may also vote no. How do you think Tennessee will vote?

By who? They won't have enough votes
Don't know how accurate the information I'm hearing (such as the Full Ride with Chris Childers and Rick N.) on the radio, but it's being reported that 75% of the 14 schools would have to vote yes to allow them to join. That means only 4 schools would have to vote no in order to block it. I think that is a real possibility. A&M, Arkansas, and Missouri could be in the no category. I'm thinking LSU and the Gumps may also vote no. How do you think Tennessee will vote?
. Texas will get blocked. Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. to the SEC

East is brutal

New SEC West: Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M

New SEC East: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee and Vanderbilt

That is exactly the SEC schedule Tennessee played in 2018 less Mizzou. And other than Auburn its the same schedule Tennessee plays every year (less Missouri) so the biggest change will be to the other schools in the East. They get a piece of that Alabama ass every year.....

If Florida doesnt vote NO, they're bigger turds than what we think of them. They were the school with Jeremy Foley that put the original "cartel" deal together btw Fla, GA, SC and Ky to block FSU, GA Tech, Clemson and Louisville from ever getting an invite. Later A&M joined to block a$$hole Texas......why any conference would willingly accept those arrogrant a$$holes is beyond me.

Reactions: vol66
If Texas and Oklahoma want to join the SEC, then Sankey will make it happen. From his perspective, they either make your conference stronger or they make another conference stronger - and possibly yours weaker by comparison.

Texas also brings a national brand to the conference, and the boost in ratings would dwarf North Carolina or Virginia Tech, even if that is technically a new market.

The bargaining power in renegotiating the contracts on behalf of the league is much stronger with Texas than just about any other potential option.

VN Store

Back