Auburn
Vandy
SC
KY
Mizzou
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Ms State

But that will never happen. It probably won't happen the other way either, but they will mix them up. So we can be sure that we're playing a schedule with at least 4-5 teams of the top teams in the country. We'll play AU, Bama, and then 1 of GA/Fl, one of TX/OU, one of LSU/ A&M every single year.

So a realistic schedule is probably

Bama
AU
Vandy
GA
SC
LSU
MSU
Ark
OU

It just got tougher for us to get back

Don’t understand why you can’t play basically 10 to 12 game SEC schedule or something close to that….

with the addition of the two extra teams that puts you at 16 teams. Then no one could skip out on having to play a good team…..

This is all what if, not saying I want it to happen, but I'd divide the pods differently for geography.

Pod A: Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina
Pod B: Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama
Pod C: LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St, Arkansas
Pod D: TAMU, Mizzou, Texas, Oklahoma
Here's why I would split it like this.

Pod A keeps the UT-Vandy and UT-KY rivalries intact.

Pod B keeps the World's Largest Cocktail Party, the Iron Bowl, and the UGA-Aub rivalry intact.

Pod C keeps the Egg Bowl.

Pod D reunites TAMU with Texas and oklahoma, and who really cares if that pisses them off?

We could still have the Third Saturday in October, just every other year rather than every year. And with the way Bama has dominated us, that wouldn't be a bad thing. Same for our rivalries with Florida and Georgia.

And, if you look at it, it makes at least some kind of sense geographically to split it like this.

Yeah, I know. But personally, in a world where the Red River Rivalry is about to be an SEC conference matchup, I find it hard to keep myself married to tradition.
Having a hard time keeping Southeastern if it's not going to be. Having a real hard time with Clemson and OSU getting a free pass.

Reactions: Devo182
Just put OK, Bama, UGA, OSU, Clemson, and whoever else in a conference by themselves. That would make everyone so happy besides those teams but idc **** them.
I was thinking about this last night. If you could do something like this and have a rotating conference. Those teams are on top. Take them and 6 other top 10 teams and make them play in their own division, the winner of that division goes to the playoffs. Everyone else plays in their regular conferences. That would create parity. That is much more needed that making the SEC tougher.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
With the NCAA on the ropes, the SEC is trying to essentially become the de facto ruling body of college football.

One has nothing to do with the other. It's not like all the other conferences are going to let 1 conference play hall monitor.

And I sure as heck don't want Birmingham running all of football either. This is worse.

One has nothing to do with the other. It's not like all the other conferences are going to let 1 conference play hall monitor.

And I sure as heck don't want Birmingham running all of football either. This is worse.
I mean Atleast the SEC has their ish together….

So no longer would we always play the weak teams of Mizzou, KY, and SC.

Imagine a TN schedule that looks like this:

Bama
Auburn
Vandy
Florida
GA
LSU
A&M
Ok
Texas

That's what y'all want?
Sure, why not? I would consider the SEC regular season all that matters and so would the television numbers. The winner of the SEC would clearly be the best team in America. It would make bowl games and other conferences irrelevant and I’m good with that.

If I were Tennessee (and a lot of other schools) I would condition my approval of Texas/Oklahoma on moving the SEC offices out of ******* Birmingham. Put them in Delaware, for all I care.

Sure, why not? I would consider the SEC regular season all that matters and so would the television numbers. The winner of the SEC would clearly be the best team in America. It would make bowl games and other conferences irrelevant and I’m good with that.
I mean most bowl games are already irrelevant….

Reactions: Ron Swanson
Greg Dennis was a stud as well.
Some of my best memories were 88-92.

All those guys were absolute class. Calvin is one of nicest guys on Earth, and doesnt have to be. Same for Greg, Marty, Alvin, Trazell, Jerry, and Keith. Never saw those guys turn down an autograph.

Hate to say get off my lawn here and people can argue all day. There is def a difference between that generation and now.

It's such a part of my childhood and brings back such incredible memories. Going to NCAA to see them nearly best GA Tech. To this day I still take my little girls! So much fun.

I was thinking about this last night. If you could do something like this and have a rotating conference. Those teams are on top. Take them and 6 other top 10 teams and make them play in their own division, the winner of that division goes to the playoffs. Everyone else plays in their regular conferences. That would create parity. That is much more needed that making the SEC tougher.

Relegation like the premier league? Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt would have had us relegated to the SoCon by now...

So basically moving forward with "OU & Texas coming to the SEC"

A few games I think you have to keep happening, so you assign pods or divisions based on these teams.

Texas vs OU
Alabama vs Auburn
Georgia vs Florida
Tennessee vs Alabama OR Ole Miss vs Mississippi State

To me those are the 4 major games...and Alabama playing in two of them may not happen, so I could see the Third Saturday being left out.

Personally I'd like to see A&M and Texas rivalry reignited as well.

With that being said Auburn actually make more sense in the SEC East than Vanderbilt, but it would erase the Iron Bowl.... You could argue that you adjust from East/West to North/South

East/West would look like this
West: Texas, A&M, Arkansas, Missouri, OU, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss State
East: Alabama, Auburn, Vandy, Georgia, Kentucky, Florida, USC, Tennessee

North/South
North: Missouri, Kentucky, Arkansas, Vandy, Tennessee, OU, Ole Miss, Georgia
South: Texas, A&M, Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi State, LSU, Florida, South Carolina

Cross Division locks each year:
Texas vs OU
A&M vs Missouri
Alabama vs Vandy
Auburn vs Georgia
Mississippi State vs Ole Miss
LSU vs Arkansas
Florida vs TN
South Carolina vs Kentucky

The only matchups you lose on a yearly basis would be Bama vs UT and Florida vs Georgia

This is all what if, not saying I want it to happen, but I'd divide the pods differently for geography.

Pod A: Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina
Pod B: Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama
Pod C: LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St, Arkansas
Pod D: TAMU, Mizzou, Texas, Oklahoma

No way in he!! Bama lets that alignment happen.

Hate to say it, but that makes sense in trying to keep the higher/lower teams balanced plus keeping tradition. AL/AUB/TN has that tradition. We can go back to the days of beating one and losing one with each other.

That pod structure wouldn’t be too bad for us. As it is, we have to play Bama, UF, and UGA every year. Under the pod structure we’d trade Auburn for UGA and UF, and go into rotation. Some years it would be easier, some years it would be harder.

The SEC won’t be the hall monitor for other conferences, they’ll just be above the law. Another perk of adding Texas and OU will be to dilute the influence Bama has on the league. Even a little would be an improvement.

Sure thing pal. TN, currently struggling to beat SC and Mizzou, would have no problem playing that schedule every year. You're nuts if you want that. The winner of the SEC would be the best, and it would continue to be bama/Ga/LSU/Fl who the SEC will protect while screwing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back