Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEC would still have to accept. I sure hope not. CFB would be insanely imbalanced. Where is this leading to?

With the NCAA on the ropes, the SEC is trying to essentially become the de facto ruling body of college football.

I can’t believe this may happen. Where’s the pact South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, A&M?
At 16 teams, and a shift to 4 super conferences one could argue it makes it less likely that Clemson, GT, or FSU get added.

Reactions: UTJoe and Vols4us
So many are missing the power angle of this super conference. SEC goes from getting 2 into a 12 team playoff to as many as 4 in some circumstances. It will have a heavy hammer in the qualification and selection. It's going to force the other conferences to do likewise or get run over. The money flow will be incredible - which is why the vote is already baked in. Geographically, travel, tradition, etc. all fit for the SEC.

JMO.

She would need to completely churn the roster and step up the portal shopping, and that's not her MO. Not to mention getting back to recruiting at a higher level and putting the shine back on for in-state recruits who bypass UT for other SEC schools. Certainly a goal and not impossible, given the resources... but a tall task.
Yeah, my confidence level is pretty low.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
SEC would still have to accept. I sure hope not. CFB would be insanely imbalanced. Where is this leading to?

My first instinct is to say that college football (or at least the college football I fell in love with so many years ago) is dying. But honestly, it probably died years ago. I’ve just been too preoccupied with our own struggles to accept it.

This feels more like a rebirth; whether we’re getting a phoenix from the ashes or a zombie apocalypse is yet to be seen.

But I also keep going back to the Oklahoma state legislature previously tying Oklahoma and Oklahoma State together. They've previously stated that you don't get one without the other. Will they stand by that, or would they let Oklahoma go?

Personally, I don't really like the idea. You'd be left with one true power conference, 3 powerful than the rest conferences, and then the leftovers. Teams like Clemson and Ohio State would benefit by ruling their conferences somewhat unopposed while the SEC beat each other up every week. Truthfully, that's what it kind of is now, only if you were to add Texas and Oklahoma, it would be even more beating each other up.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
But I also keep going back to the Oklahoma state legislature previously tying Oklahoma and Oklahoma State together. They've previously stated that you don't get one without the other. Will they stand by that, or would they let Oklahoma go?

Personally, I don't really like the idea. You'd be left with one true power conference, 3 powerful than the rest conferences, and then the leftovers. Teams like Clemson and Ohio State would benefit by ruling their conferences somewhat unopposed while the SEC beat each other up every week. Truthfully, that's what it kind of is now, only if you were to add Texas and Oklahoma, it would be even more beating each other up.
They can still play their rivalry game every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back