FIVE BANDS...YOU CANNOT STAND?

In no particular order.

Creed
Poison (Bret Michaels & CC Deville can eat a d1CK)
Dixie Chicks AKA the Chicks
Sex pistols (overrated garbage)
Limp Bizkit

Honorable mention to Hanson, Nickelback, Bush, The Eagles, Pearl Jam and Alanis Morrisette.

Wow. I find that crazy. I mean, to each his own, but Never Mind the Bollocks... is a flat out amazing album.

Having trouble coming up with 5. Might come back to post if I think of some more. I define "cannot stand" as reflexively changing the radio when one of their songs comes on.

Two that immediately come to mind are Maroon 5 and Imagine Dragons. Not a band, but I also cannot stand Billie Eilish.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Nirvana was kind of an in the moment thing. Some of the songs held up better than others, but the early grunge was just such a shock to the system coming out of the overproduced 80s.
I like Nirvana, but I think they are overrated within grunge as a genre. They helped popularize the genre and are the most well-known band to come out of that movement, but IMO they aren't the best grunge band.

Wow The Dead and Greta Van Fleet in one swipe.

The Dead I could let pass as someone not liking, as many don't care for the old jam...ok fine. But "cannot stand"? Casey Jones? Tennessee Jed? American Beauty? Or even Dead & Company with John Mayer? They're insanely good too.

But curious why GVF? Love that style and glad someone has revitalized a classical rock style/feel.

Pearl Jam
Any band Dave Grohl is involved with that’s not QOTSA
Post-UMPP RHCP
All Disney alums
Post 1972 Osmonds

In no particular order

1. U2
2. Florida Georgia Line
3. Keith Urban
4. All new pop country
5. All rap

Pearl Jam
Any band Dave Grohl is involved with that’s not QOTSA
Post-UMPP RHCP
All Disney alums
Post 1972 Osmonds

They seemed to have peaked in 1971 with One Bad Apple and Yo-Yo. Maybe technically after Go Away Little Girl since they were still backing Donnie when he initially splintered off and went a little bit Rock and Roll.

Eddy Vedder and Marie should record some duets.

Reactions: EricStratton
They seemed to have peaked in 1971 with One Bad Apple and Yo-Yo. Maybe technically after Go Away Little Girl since they were still backing Donnie when he initially splintered off and went a little bit Rock and Roll.

Eddy Vedder and Marie should record some duets.

Yeah, when Donny's voice changed Merrill really got the short end of the stick. I mean, when they went all "Foghat" with "Crazy Horses" it was all over and the writing was on the wall. And they called it puppy love. But what do I know. I never listened to WRJZ.

Can I just say that I can understand the disdain for Phish, Spin Doctors, DMB and even that worthless bridge guarding Phil Lesh, but the lack of taste for The Grateful Dead is disappointing. Clearly nobody has actually spent time listening to their music.

Reactions: johnsonbrewer
Can I just say that I can understand the disdain for Phish, Spin Doctors, DMB and even that worthless bridge guarding Phil Lesh, but the lack of taste for The Grateful Dead is disappointing. Clearly nobody has actually spent time listening to their music.

Q: What did all of the hippies say after seeing the grateful dead in concert once They came down from their LSD trip?

A: That music sounded like sh!t.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Yeah, when Donny's voice changed Merrill really got the short end of the stick. I mean, when they went all "Foghat" with "Crazy Horses" it was all over and the writing was on the wall. And they called it puppy love. But what do I know. I never listened to WRJZ.

The Osmands were probably hitting Knoxville’s AM frequencies when 620 was still WATE. Likely dropped them around the time it became WETE. They might have been on WNOX 990 but never early 70s WKGN 1340 or W149.

The Osmands were probably hitting Knoxville’s AM frequencies when 620 was still WATE. Likely dropped them around the time it became WETE. They might have been on WNOX 990 but never early 70s WKGN 1340 or W149.

Can we at least agree they were played on 15Q and on WOKI with Mike Beverly?

Q: What did all of the hippies say after seeing the grateful dead in concert once They came down from their LSD trip?

A: That music sounded like sh!t.

A: The joke is, "What did the Deadhead say when the drugs wore off?" "This band sucks!"

B: Clearly you're not looking for a miracle. I can understand that, but if you would take five minutes to listen to "Turn On Your Love Light" or even "Going Down The ROad Feeling Bad" from Winterland, you would be enlightened. Even a few minutes of "He's Gone" from Europe '72 would change that mind.

Can we at least agree they were played on 15Q and on WOKI with Mike Beverly?

15Q seems like late 70s. I think it was W149 during Peak Osmonds.

Beverly used to buy up tiny, low power, rural stations in the area that were or nearly were abandoned. It was his hobby.

A: The joke is, "What did the Deadhead say when the drugs wore off?" "This band sucks!"

B: Clearly you're not looking for a miracle. I can understand that, but if you would take five minutes to listen to "Turn On Your Love Light" or even "Going Down The ROad Feeling Bad" from Winterland, you would be enlightened. Even a few minutes of "He's Gone" from Europe '72 would change that mind.
I have listened to the damn so many times. I just never dug their sound that much.

VN Store

Back