U2

I'll add more as I think of them

Last edited:
1. Nickelback
2. Nickelback
3. Nickelback
4. Nickelback
5. Nickelback

The funny thing is I actually thought their early stuff wasn't bad. I actually didn't hate their first big mainstream album all that much at first though the radio (remember that?) wore it out.

But that 2005 album with Rockstar and Photograph....that cemented my hate. That and everything after has been pure garbage and it tainted the stuff I used to not hate.

Lol I'll never get the foo fighters love. If Grohl hadn't been living on Cobain's legacy all these years he would be working at Best Buy. Utterly unoriginal elevator rock music.

I think I like about 1 FF song.

I about threw up in my mouth when he did the tribuite to Lemmy at the Grammys the year he died. Give me a break, you couldn't get someone from Metallica at least to do it?

Reactions: bignewt
Seems that the farther bands get from their first “successful” album is where impressions start to turn. Radio play in the 90s/00s had a lot to do with that. Songs were so over played that no one wanted to hear the bands anymore.

Each band probably had some good early stuff we could listen to now and be ok with.
Except FUN…

Reactions: TC 83
Good songwriter. His voice is nauseating
giphy.gif

Reactions: SDV and 615vols
Seems that the farther bands get from their first “successful” album is where impressions start to turn. Radio play in the 90s/00s had a lot to do with that. Songs were so over played that no one wanted to hear the bands anymore.

Each band probably had some good early stuff we could listen to now and be ok with.
Except FUN…

I always think the one album wonders are maybe the most fascinating. Like Hootie and the Blowfish, they had like 5 big hits from their first album and then after that it was like....meh. I mean technically their next 2 albums did well since the 2nd went 3 times platinum and the 3rd went platinum but that's in comparison to the over 21 million the first album sold. And most people could only probably name songs of theirs from their first album. Plus I read it was a mistake to even release their second album when they did because the first one was still high on the charts.

Funny, several of my favorite bands have been listed in this thread! Everyone has their own tastes, and I think the emotional connection we have with certain music (due to stages of life, company, age, etc) has a lot to do with it).

Personally, I've never really enjoyed Nirvana. And, I can't stand bro country, with very few exceptions.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
That is the best that I’ve ever heard him. And he still sounds off key. Not denying his songwriting abilities one bit

Hey I appreciate you giving it a try. Personally he is my favorite of all time. A national treasure.

Reactions: SDV
Funny, several of my favorite bands have been listed in this thread! Everyone has their own tastes, and I think the emotional connection we have with certain music (due to stages of life, company, age, etc) has a lot to do with it).

Personally, I've never really enjoyed Nirvana. And, I can't stand bro country, with very few exceptions.
Nirvana was kind of an in the moment thing. Some of the songs held up better than others, but the early grunge was just such a shock to the system coming out of the overproduced 80s.

1. The Rolling Stones - 5 good songs(2 of which were great) should not classify you as one of the best bands of all time.

2. Fla-Ga Line and all other pop country bands....gotta especially point out Big N Rich.

3. Cardi B - Not a band but is the embodiment of everything wrong with today's mainstream music.

4. Kid Rock - nuff said.

5. Phish - Super freaking boring.

Honorable mention: Jane's Addiction, most 80's hair bands, jazz as an entire musical genre...respect the talent but don't enjoy listening at all. And any K-Pop.

Reactions: SDV
Dylan can be respected as a songwriter and poet while realizing his singing ability is garbage. Some of my favorite songs of all time were ones he wrote but performed by others. All Along The Watchtower being a prime example.
I love his voice up to 1979. The dude is old and has played thousands and thousands of concerts. In his prime his voice perfectly matched that of a folk singer, Americana rock singer.

Good list. Bruce is #1 for me. Most overrated musician in the history of music.

Hard for me to rank the rest. Could basically pick names out of a hat of modern pop music.
Only seen him once...at Bonnaroo...from what felt like a mile away...was on acid...he sounded SO AWFUL. My wife agrees with ya - absolutely hates him.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Lol I'll never get the foo fighters love. If Grohl hadn't been living on Cobain's legacy all these years he would be working at Best Buy. Utterly unoriginal elevator rock music.

Yeah I mean I can get that aspect. I truly didn't care about them and thought they sounded pretty generic until about 6 years ago. I went to a wedding of a girl that loooves music...respect her taste. Anyway, she came out to a FF song. Idk how but it fit perfectly and I decided to give em a 2nd try...learned more about Grohl being such a badass and a genuinely good guy...watched the documentary about him buying up an old, classic music studio and revitalizing it. Then about a year ago saw them late at night on tv - ACL live or whatever that Austin event they show on tv...absolutely killed it. Passionate, raw, real...I get his voice has that generic sound but I think he really came before that sound took over for a bit, not just a follower. Also seems like just a genuine music lover. Not someone just doing it for the fame, with ghostwriters and brand managers and shiz.

Just my .02 but I was close to where you are on them at one point too so definitely get where you're comin from.

VN Store

Back