Transfer Portal 21-22

Unless the young guns can coach themselves at game time I doubt they go undefeated in conference play. But maybe SC can put up a new banner “Almost Undefeated In SEC Play 21-22”

Are you aware SC has 10 upperclassman on their roster? And those 10 went to the FF? They also have a very good and capable coach to get them there and she’s already had two 16-0 teams and the team this year is expected to be better than those past teams.

Are you aware SC has 10 upperclassman on their roster? And those 10 went to the FF? They also have a very good and capable coach to get them there and she’s already had two 16-0 teams and the team this year is expected to be better than those past teams.

LOL, you do realize you said that this years team was gonna be just as good or better than the team that had Herrigan and Harris as senior leaders.

I love the confidence you have in your team and you should show love for them. BUT we are on an 🍊 fan board so i’m going to bring it back Dawn and ANY OTHER coach learned to schedule like that because of THE Pat Summitt! Schools weren’t even scheduling big time OOC games really before Pat made it a thing and played a huge part in getting schools on board. I also give credit to Dawn because she always recognizes Pat and what she has meant to her program.

I will give Dawn credit she has a very good schedule. I won’t lie I can’t wait to see her and Kim try to kill each other because we all know Kim coming for that neck and it’s only gonna be so long before they are clawing at each other 😂 I’m gonna be here for it too 🍿

Yes! This is what it’s about! And like I said in my initial statement the SEC is TOUGH! And the Lady Vols has given SC more press than any other team in the SEC so the respect is definitely there! I wasn’t trying to boast or be cocky at all just stating my opinion. I think this season will be the best one yet.

Yes! This is what it’s about! And like I said in my initial statement the SEC is TOUGH! And the Lady Vols has given SC more press than any other team in the SEC so the respect is definitely there! I wasn’t trying to boast or be cocky at all just stating my opinion. I think this season will be the best one yet.

I gotta stop associating with you now😎 they may get me for conspiring… LOL… Truth be told I have a soft spot for Dawn because she played for UVA (im from VA) and she gives Pat props through and through. I was too young to remember Dawn sending us home I became a fan in 96 with the start of Chamique i have since learned more and then i was a HUGE fan when Kara came here 🍊.

I wonder where Lavender Briggs will end up getting back to transfers she could be a player to help elevate a team. Ugh, prolly OLD miss 🙄

This is our board, you are a guest here, don't forget that....You don't go into someone else's home and say we are going to kick your ass and everyone's else's ass, and not expect some kind of negative response from them....

After all we do have 8 national titles and you cocks have just one....I'm not going to count the one that you had your own "Betsy Ross" make to announce to the world you are the peoples mythical champion, or some kind of chicken crap like that...

I hope to hell my fellow Lady Vol fans don't roll over and take your chicken crap...You came here to insult us, and nothing more.

Lol literally I was asked my opinion and I stated it. You feel like your Lady Vols will beat SC but that’s your option and your entitled to it. Regardless what board this is if someone asks me my opinion I will state it and stand by it period.

Reactions: olddog
FrayedImperturbableAmericankestrel-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: SCspur
I gotta stop associating with you now😎 they may get me for conspiring… LOL… Truth be told I have a soft spot for Dawn because she played for UVA (im from VA) and she gives Pat props through and through. I was too young to remember Dawn sending us home I became a fan in 96 with the start of Chamique i have since learned more and then i was a HUGE fan when Kara came here 🍊.

I wonder where Lavender Briggs will end up getting back to transfers she could be a player to help elevate a team. Ugh, prolly OLD miss 🙄

I’m scared if Briggs lands with a good SEC team like UT, Kentucky, Ole Miss. I think her best basketball is ahead of her! I absolutely loved her 42 point performance against Arkansas! She’s tough!

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Just curious what makes you so sure SC will lose to UT or a lower ranked team. Like can you go into detail as to why you think this?
I have no evidence, which is why the games are played. But it’s rare for a team to go undefeated. I think LVs will be better this year and we convincingly beat SC last year. I don’t think SC is going to be that much stronger this year. And then, the mighty tend to fall to an opponent they sleep on.

I have no evidence, which is why the games are played. But it’s rare for a team to go undefeated. I think LVs will be better this year and we convincingly beat SC last year. I don’t think SC is going to be that much stronger this year. And then, the mighty tend to fall to an opponent they sleep on.

Right that is why the games are played. It’s not entirely that rare over the last 7 years two teams has gone undefeated (SC twice &Miss St) so it’s definitely not out of the realm of possibility. I wouldn’t say UT won convincingly SC led for the entire game until they came back in the fourth quarter I wouldn’t call that convincing. If your going to say SC isn’t going to be much better than last year but UT will be please go in depth with more facts, you do realize you lost your team leader and do everything player in Rennia Davis right? That’s pretty much the same as SC losing HH and Harris. I’m not discrediting the players you have coming in but RD was very good since her freshman year, no way you lose a caliber player like that and don’t take a little dip. I’m also basing my prediction on the fact that SC has its toughest opponents at home this year. UT, KY, LSU, A&M, Miss St all will be at home, @UGA will basically be a neutral game because the fan base always shows up there and we play @Ark but other than that it’s pretty much it for tough opponents. But your right the games have to be played so we’ll wait and see.

Rumor has it she MIGHT be Baylor bound.

This will be a mistake for her IMO. I have no confidence Collen will reproduce the results Kim had there. Wasn’t impressed with her at the WNBA level and she’s already added a bunch of random transfers. I wouldn’t be dying to go there right now.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
This will be a mistake for her IMO. I have no confidence Collen will reproduce the results Kim had there. Wasn’t impressed with her at the WNBA level and she’s already added a bunch of random transfers. I wouldn’t be dying to go there right now.
to add to this Collen just added a popular IG Social Media Influencer to be her Assistant Coach...this is the craziest thing I have seen all day.
Baylor WBB’s Collen Finalizes Coaching Staff with Addition of Pavlech - Baylor University Athletics

Right that is why the games are played. It’s not entirely that rare over the last 7 years two teams has gone undefeated (SC twice &Miss St) so it’s definitely not out of the realm of possibility. I wouldn’t say UT won convincingly SC led for the entire game until they came back in the fourth quarter I wouldn’t call that convincing. If your going to say SC isn’t going to be much better than last year but UT will be please go in depth with more facts, you do realize you lost your team leader and do everything player in Rennia Davis right? That’s pretty much the same as SC losing HH and Harris. I’m not discrediting the players you have coming in but RD was very good since her freshman year, no way you lose a caliber player like that and don’t take a little dip. I’m also basing my prediction on the fact that SC has its toughest opponents at home this year. UT, KY, LSU, A&M, Miss St all will be at home, @UGA will basically be a neutral game because the fan base always shows up there and we play @Ark but other than that it’s pretty much it for tough opponents. But your right the games have to be played so we’ll wait and see.
Thing is, each team is made up of many, many pieces, and all of those pieces are in constant flux. We have two new primary coaches who are superior teachers. Kellie knows her players much better and has helped them improve their games. We have a new strength coach who better understands female athletes’ bodies. Covid is over, so the players have been on campus this summer training and practicing. They better understand Kellie and her system. Great team chemistry. And, according to some big time coaches — can’t say who — Rae is as good as RD. High school ratings don’t mean nearly as much as people like to think they do. We’ll see how the schedules pan out, which team benefits the most from those schedules in terms of SEC and NCAA tournaments. As Summitt always pointed out, it’s not where you start, but where you end up. We won the national championship for a 13 loss season. That’s why they play the game.

to add to this Collen just added a popular IG Social Media Influencer to be her Assistant Coach...this is the craziest thing I have seen all day.
Baylor WBB’s Collen Finalizes Coaching Staff with Addition of Pavlech - Baylor University Athletics

Saw that too and I laughed. Makes no sense to me. She has zero actual coaching experience. I get that social media is part of the deal these days but Collen needed someone with a basketball brain. Because I don’t believe either she, nor her husband, are that great as far as strategy goes. He was always a Ho hum coach who bounced around and I thought her WNBA teams were disorganized and under-coached.

I know he’s not on her staff, but I’m sure he’ll have a lot to do with the program and the overall strategy she brings to the table as head coach. Will not be at all shocked if they are in the bottom half of the Big 12 even this next season. Everyone acts like it’s such an easy conference but it’s really pretty tough. Kim just made it look easy because she whooped everyone all the time.

Teams like WV, TCU, Iowa State, Texas and others are going to be really excited to start beating Baylor again. They’re going to get everyone’s best game and if they aren’t ready for it, it may be a long season for them. Not unlike teams in the SEC during Holly’s tenure. They were so excited to beat us after Pat throttled them for years and we were not prepared for it.

The great Dawn Staley just lost a game with literally the greatest team on the planet. It took all of one game to see the difference in coaching acumen between Staley and her USA coaching predecessor, Geno, as if we didn't already know from her embarrassingly one-sided record against him.

Just be thankful you have a coach who recruits well enough to out-talent 99% of the teams you play...

VN Store

Back