An Ugly List

Of course anything can happen, but all the fans on here proclaiming "we have the talent" are seriously misjudging the situation, IMHO. I hope the players can be coached up and be competitive, but I have pretty low expectations for this season, and probably next as well. The schedule is more favorable, so TN should pick up at least a couple of additional wins, but I don't think that makes this team "better" than last season's. Key games telling the tale will be SC and KY, IMHO.

I was just reading this and have to say it was hard to do so. All these guys bailing on the program stings. I know you can’t plan on hope but I really hope we are competitive this year. Really need some good momentum with the program, we’ve suffered enough.

Of course anything can happen, but all the fans on here proclaiming "we have the talent" are seriously misjudging the situation,
No. They're actually looking at the roster and recognizing that there is still talent. Not a lot of experience but a bunch of guys who very much appear to have the physical talent to play in the SEC.

What folks like you are doing is judging the roster by the guys who left. Those are obviously talented players. Who wouldn't want them back? But they're gone. Several are likely gone because of the investigation so it would not matter who the coach was or anything else. But you don't play with the guys who aren't on your roster... you play with the guys who are. Henry T and Crouch are gone but Mitchell and Mohan look like "in kind" replacements. Athletically, Mitchel is Henry T's equal... maybe more mobile. Henry T pretty much sucked in pass coverage so that can't get worse. He also didn't have a lot of stopping force after losing weight.

I'd love to have Gray or someone like him in the RB room... but there is sufficient talent and depth.

Morris never played to a 5* rating. Maybe coaching. Maybe him. However there is talent and depth left in the OL room. UT will carry as many scholarship OL's into the season as most teams. I can remember when UT struggled to have 10.

IMHO. I hope the players can be coached up and be competitive, but I have pretty low expectations for this season, and probably next as well. The schedule is more favorable, so TN should pick up at least a couple of additional wins, but I don't think that makes this team "better" than last season's. Key games telling the tale will be SC and KY, IMHO.
Look at the roster. There IS talent. There is little experience. So it comes down to coaching.... not the roster.

Of course anything can happen, but all the fans on here proclaiming "we have the talent" are seriously misjudging the situation, IMHO. I hope the players can be coached up and be competitive, but I have pretty low expectations for this season, and probably next as well. The schedule is more favorable, so TN should pick up at least a couple of additional wins, but I don't think that makes this team "better" than last season's. Key games telling the tale will be SC and KY, IMHO.
A lot of it is unproven but we do have talent. Not 12-0 or even 9-3 talent but we have enough to get bowl eligible. Especially considering the soft schedule this year.

College football transfer rankings: These 10 will make the most impact on their new teams in 2021

Over at CBS sports they got a list up of the most impactful transfers. Lets just say a few are from UT and a few are to our opponents in the SEC.

I dont have high hopes for this season. But maybe Heupel can bring us into a new era of mediocrity.

I really don't get the hype for To'o To'o. Bama returns a ton at LB and I'm not convinced he starts. At best, he's currently a situational run stuffing guy.

I really don't get the hype for To'o To'o. Bama returns a ton at LB and I'm not convinced he starts. At best, he's currently a situational run stuffing guy.
Unless he gains his weight back then he's not that. He stuck people as a Fr. Last year guys ran through his tackles. Unless he improves, he's a liability in pass coverage.

Those fans who believe we have talent are falsely believing the guys we brought in were better or equal to the insane amount of talent we lost. We probably lost five of the best players on to team to transfers alone (not counting Smith to the NFL)

Reactions: BAMA-DAWG
Those fans who believe we have talent are falsely believing the guys we brought in were better or equal to the insane amount of talent we lost. We probably lost five of the best players on to team to transfers alone (not counting Smith to the NFL)

I also skew towards the glass is more half empty than full.

We will see.

And we will have a back get 1000 in ours...
I disagree. JH likes to use multiple backs. Go back and look at his tenure at UCF. You are going to see 2, possibly 3 players in that 500-700 yard range. 2018 was the only year they had a 1000 rusher.

Ima break down some logic for you guys as to why I feel we have enough talent to compete at a 9 win level…

Let’s start with CJH literally has scored points at an elite level far above any UT coach ever scored. Why would that stop when he gets to the best program he has ever been at with the best recourses and his hand picked offensive staff that has been together for years and has true chemistry and trust… Pruitt was not a bad football coach he was a terrible head coach and leader but pure coach Pruitt was not bad… our players know how to practice and play football they just did not having a coaching staff with trust that allowed them to play winning football…

QBs we have 4 capable talented dudes in the Qb room with a proven young QB guru with a coach and staff that is on the same page when coaching them… a coach that has had success with multiple different Qb types he will have a true and fair comp and whoever earns the spot will be the most prepared Qb we’ve had in a decade… y’all cry about no one having publicly took the Qb lead why is that ??? Pruitt crowned JG starter before spring and we see what happened let these boys battle it out and may the best man win…

Rb… not a lot of production but a lot of talent with a huge athletic freak in beckwith, shifty back like small, evans was the top juco rb he has very good balance and power… and Wright the X factor solid 210 lb running back with track speed… in this wide open speed offense they will have plenty of open space and enough skill to find some playmakers not worried…

Wrs… Velus 4.4 guy, Payton legit 4.3, Hyatt legit 4.3 and track speed, Tillman underrated hard worker big wr has great hands good speed similar to Palmer but plays a little meaner… Calloway very shifty slot guy good speed who could be a sleeper for breakout candidate probably… I’m not worried at wr I didn’t mention, AC or holiday or keyton who all could do well in CJH system

TE solid a legit coach and OC who has a clear vision and wants to use the TEs… not alot of big names but Fant, warren, and if pope is healthy is more than enough at the TE spot the freshman Campbell will be very good… but a freshman TE Is very tough to play in the SEC the DL is too athletic for most of them to block so I don’t think he plays much.

OL probably our best unit… was very overhyped last year due to terrible coaching and scheming but they still have plenty of talent in a 2 deep Pruitt did a good job of leaving big dudes… now they have a legit coach and scheme that is proven… Mays brothers a lot of starts and talent between the two, Wright multiple starts, dayne Davis who walked on and out worked guys, spraggins monster and pure dog a lot of reps, carvin sr and lots of reps, calbert sr and lots of reps , Robinson young potential , lampley young potential, big akpo Jr… we have enough size and bodies to be very good this year…

DL… enough bodies and again arguably the best DL coach in the nation who has been pushing them guys harder than they’ve ever been pushed… Butler sr and starts , bumphus sr and starts, garland lots of reps, Simmons animal decent amount of reps, terry (most skilled transfer from Kansas) very raw and can become a monster under CRG, trembly sr transfer from SC, Dominic Bailey big and athletic , that’s all interior type guys… off the edge we have baron and young with a lot of potential to be very good, also mohan and talented transfer not sure where he plays yet… no proven stars but alot of talented guys with elite coaching we have enough to be respectable on the DL…

Lb worries me the most but we have enough guys to be okay at the position if they step up… banks tough thumper, Mitchell led Texas in tackles last season, Harrison hard worker not sure if he inside or edge, Joseph who was player of the year in Florida coming out of high school has good talent, garland undersized but thumper, Willis talented freshman, page undersized plays hard lots of experience if needed… I’m worried but we have enough to be okay at the position…

DB- underrated group due to issues playing the slant but not a bad unit at all… safety is very experienced with good talent… flowers is a very good player with good ball skills who could have a breakout year… Theo and Boom alot of experience between the two both solid players Theo is faster but 22 is a little more physical… corner Burell, Taylor, George have experience and good athletic size and ability add in the two transfers from bama and auburn we have enough talented bodies to create turnovers and be a good unit… Martinez is a solid coach and this unit again has enough to be a good unit…

This UT woe is me no talent talk is bad… our record did not reflect talent level we were on a 8 game streak 2nd longest in the nation before the season collapsed… coaching and culture was the issues not talent… I think we finish 7-5 or 8-4 we have the talent to win 9 though.

Wouldn't be surprising for different reasons. Gray would have likely done the same at UT. Chandler will likely do it because the bottom 2/3's of the ACC isn't very good and because they don't have much depth at RB.
I don’t care if the ACC was good or not last year. UNC had two guys get over 1100 yards rushing last year and almost had two get 1000 yards in 2019. We haven’t had a 1000 yard rusher since Jalen Hurd in 2015.

No credibility to this ranking when they put Morris in the top ten. Only way he is "top ten" material is in a listing of over ranked busts in college.

. I predict he won't survive the season at OU before they bench him too. He plays like his helmet is full of rocks.

VN Store

Back