Quote Message Bug

TheMookieMonster

Recently, I have been having trouble with quoting messages both on my desktop and on a web browser from my mobile device. I'm being told when I hit "Add Quote" and then try to post the quote in the message box that there is no quote selected. Any ideas for how to fix this?

Recently, I have been having trouble with quoting messages both on my desktop and on a web browser from my mobile device. I'm being told when I hit "Add Quote" and then try to post the quote in the message box that there is no quote selected. Any ideas for how to fix this?

You're hitting the "+Quote" button on the post you want to quote, and then when you hit "insert quotes" you get that message?

What browser are you using?

Yes, I am hitting the + Quote button and then when I hit "Insert Quote" the exact message is "No messages selected."

For desktop, I use Google Chrome and on my iPhone it's Safari. But, it's the same message both times.

Yes, I am hitting the + Quote button and then when I hit "Insert Quote" the exact message is "No messages selected."

For desktop, I use Google Chrome and on my iPhone it's Safari. But, it's the same message both times.
I'm looking into it as another user had a similar issue on Chrome on his ipad. I just tested on both Chrome and Safari and wasn't able to duplicate it.

In the meantime, are you trying to quote multiple posts? Does the reply button still quote the post if you're quoting a single post?

I'm looking into it as another user had a similar issue on Chrome on his ipad. I just tested on both Chrome and Safari and wasn't able to duplicate it.

In the meantime, are you trying to quote multiple posts? Does the reply button still quote the post if you're quoting a single post?

So, the reply button is working, but the +Quote button does not. So, it seems to be an isolated issue. I don't typically try and quote multiple messages, but have done so a bit more recently which is when I started to notice the problem.

So, the reply button is working, but the +Quote button does not. So, it seems to be an isolated issue. I don't typically try and quote multiple messages, but have done so a bit more recently which is when I started to notice the problem.
Gotcha, I'll dig a little deeper and see if I can figure anything out.

Just out of curiosity, are you using a Windows or Mac desktop?

Been having the same issue for 2-3 now weeks while using Chrome. It acts like the +Quote button is working, but not when you try to insert. Same message.

Been having the same issue for 2-3 now weeks while using Chrome. It acts like the +Quote button is working, but not when you try to insert. Same message.
Are you quoting multiple messages, or could you use the reply button instead?

Either way I'm hoping to have a software update in the next week or two that should fix several bugs we've been experiencing.

Are you quoting multiple messages, or could you use the reply button instead?

Either way I'm hoping to have a software update in the next week or two that should fix several bugs we've been experiencing.

Never thought about using the Reply button, but it worked. Not trying to quote multiple myself.

VN Store

Back