Tennessee Lady Vol News

Based on that video Alexus can shoot 3's she just doesnt do it in games I wouldnt mind seeing her take 2 or 3 attempts a game to help our spacing when TK is on the court

I completely agree. Just shoot it well enough that they have to guard you out there. That makes all the difference.

Taren C. Moore Joins Tennessee Athletics Leadership Team - University of Tennessee Athletics

"She went on to receive a Juris Doctor degree from North Carolina Central's School of Law in May 2016. While enrolled in law school, Moore was a participant in the 2015 Oregon Law Summer Sports Institute, where she studied numerous issues related to sports and law. She also was a legal intern for North Carolina Central's Office of Legal Affairs, performing legal research in areas related to higher education law and university-wide compliance."

Coach, you’re very high on Kaiya!
you'll see why soon...She didn't get to participate in AAU (family fear of Covid ( and to me it was justified!)) (this was the reason for her decline in the rankings (not enough exposure)) so the last time she played was HS games and I watched several of them on NFHS streams,,,she is the real deal////I don't miss many, and I put a lot of bank on this girl

you'll see why soon...She didn't get to participate in AAU (family fear of Covid ( and to me it was justified!)) (this was the reason for her decline in the rankings (not enough exposure)) so the last time she played was HS games and I watched several of them on NFHS streams,,,she is the real deal////I don't miss many, and I put a lot of bank on this girl

I have the same feeling. We fans are going to have a blast watching this exciting team. As far as I can tell, the only glaring problem with the roster is that there are so many fun, talented players on it that Kellie's going to wish games were 80 minutes instead of 40. Also, unless a couple of players besides Rae become consistent 3-pt scorers, our posts will have to work much harder than they should have to work. If we can keep opponents worried about our 3-pt shooting, with our overall height underneath, and if we continue to be strong rebounders, this will be Kellie Harper's best team ever because I think she may finally have ample quickness to work with.

You have me sold! I can’t wait.

Reactions: Rickster
I have the same feeling. We fans are going to have a blast watching this exciting team. As far as I can tell, the only glaring problem with the roster is that there are so many fun, talented players on it that Kellie's going to wish games were 80 minutes instead of 40. Also, unless a couple of players besides Rae become consistent 3-pt scorers, our posts will have to work much harder than they should have to work. If we can keep opponents worried about our 3-pt shooting, with our overall height underneath, and if we continue to be strong rebounders, this will be Kellie Harper's best team ever because I think she may finally have ample quickness to work with.

Coach Jumper, shouldn't this be a HC's dream to have so many talented players you can do almost any scheme you want? Guess keeping everyone happy with PT may be the only problem.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

Not only is this lady an excellent basketball player but she is also a heptathlete! This is a two day contest with seven different events …
100 meter
High jump
200 meters
Shot put
Javelin
Broad jump
800 meters

A contest of speed , agility, strength, stamina!
This recruit is a very good athlete! Going to be interesting to see her progress in BB skills ….. she is very aggressive and will not shy away from competition! You are going to love this kid …. As always, Just My Opinion

This is why I push for Madi Hawk in the future....shooters like her are the rarest type of player...Tall, fast, BH'ers, athletic, etc can all be coached to be better...But a shooter with a true shooters mentality (one that will ACTUALLY TAKE THE SHOT,,,and hit it) are like gunslingers of the old west.

Proof,,,look back at the shooters we have had,,,Lou, Kortney, Jessie,etc all of them passed up open looks when they should have taken shots. Yes TN has better athletic and more versatile prospects, but shooters extend defenses...Imagine the bulls without Steve Kerr/BI Armstrong or the Lakers without Michael Cooper or Byron Scott.

Coach Jumper, shouldn't this be a HC's dream to have so many talented players you can do almost any scheme you want? Guess keeping everyone happy with PT may be the only problem.

It is indeed and only a problem,,,,when individuals become more focused on themself than the good of the team. This is where the rubber meets the road when it comes to coaching and where Coach K will truly prove her worth. Even in the days of CHW,,getting higher profile players to come to TN has never been a problem...keeping them focused and staying here, was!

In the end it can't be about PT for the players, it has to be attainment of the goal, focus of the vision and the coach's ability to relay the importance of the individuals role, no matter what it is

Reactions: Orange Maniac
I believe a core competency of Kellies teams will be that they can shoot. She is recruiting shooters with size. It will be interesting to see how all the 2024's mature during their high school years. Will they be as dominant two years from now as they are today?

The Kellie and Kara recruiting battle for Lailaa Williams will be fun to watch!

If it’s up to Candace it won’t be a contest! LOL she has already said as much... now i do totally believe if Laila was gonna play ball she would allow her to make her own choice (as long as it wasn’t uconn or duke) lol

If it’s up to Candace it won’t be a contest! LOL she has already said as much... now i do totally believe if Laila was gonna play ball she would allow her to make her own choice (as long as it wasn’t uconn or duke) lol
lol Candace said Lailaa doesnt have a choice the brain washing began at a young age

This is why I push for Madi Hawk in the future....shooters like her are the rarest type of player...Tall, fast, BH'ers, athletic, etc can all be coached to be better...But a shooter with a true shooters mentality (one that will ACTUALLY TAKE THE SHOT,,,and hit it) are like gunslingers of the old west.

Proof,,,look back at the shooters we have had,,,Lou, Kortney, Jessie,etc all of them passed up open looks when they should have taken shots. Yes TN has better athletic and more versatile prospects, but shooters extend defenses...Imagine the bulls without Steve Kerr/BI Armstrong or the Lakers without Michael Cooper or Byron Scott.

It is indeed and only a problem,,,,when individuals become more focused on themself than the good of the team. This is where the rubber meets the road when it comes to coaching and where Coach K will truly prove her worth. Even in the days of CHW,,getting higher profile players to come to TN has never been a problem...keeping them focused and staying here, was!

In the end it can't be about PT for the players, it has to be attainment of the goal, focus of the vision and the coach's ability to relay the importance of the individuals role, no matter what it is

It seems to me willingness to shoot is seldom an issue for anyone good enough to be recruited at the P5 level. Being able to make shots in the clutch is. Additionally, none of your TN shooters included Burrell who is easily the best and certainly willing. The others of course are limited in other ways which keeps them off the floor and well down the options list which can explain some hesitancy to take shots.

Last edited:
Speaking of…does she even play? I’ve seen a few videos of her playing against her mom, but none of her playing on a team or on the AAU circuit.
I have seen her playing on a team but not a AAU circuit and AAU season is when Candace is playing in the WNBA so maybe a schedule conflict

VN Store

Back