First Tennessee football game you attended

Sept. 18, 1965. UT vs. Army. My Dad, and my older brother. I was 7 years old. Sat in Section K. For some reason, my favorite player was "Jerry Smith". (Defense).
Just happened (and I don't remember this.. probably didn't register with a 7 year old).. that was the first time the VOLS ran through the T. When they entered the T from the 50, Defense ran one way, offense the other.

Celebrating 50 years of Running through the T

1624999718706.png

Florida-Tennessee 1985.

Back when the heat from the Astro-turf would melt a player’s shoes and band members would be taken to the hospital when performing at half time in wool uniforms.

Good times
I was at that game. Damn 12:00 start! Coke vendors couldn't get 10 yards from where they loaded up they were sold out.

1991 vs UCLA. Vols won 30-16, but really the only thing I remember is that it was a gazillion degrees.
Sometime between 1972 and 1976, not sure which year, Duke came to K town. We still had the artificial turf. It was hot I thought the steel structure and maybe the concrete would melt.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
2011 vs MTSU, the game where Dooley had to send a couple of GA’s to a frat house 1.5 hours before kickoff to get our walkon kicker because the other kickers got sick/hurt that day

I was at that game. Damn 12:00 start! Coke vendors couldn't get 10 yards from where they loaded up they were sold out.

Hotter than hades. Went w a date and both sweated in the upper deck in the loss. Nearly got in a fight w a UF cheerleader (male) who was taunting us in the I-40 west standstill. Kinda of an awkward day.

Not to derail the awesome thread. But, did anyone here personally witness the 1973 torrential downpour game w AU where Battle had us punt it away on 1st down pi$$ing off AU coaches? I listened to that on a transistor radio with my dad in Cases Cove w my late father in a popup camper!
Would pay a lotta lotta money to go back to that day one more time!

VN Store

Back