Salter released from team

I’m just saying pot should be legal and that it’s not any worse than alcohol.If it was then this would be just an underage occurrence.I don’t know what is so mesmerizing or profound about that.
Because it's NOT legal and people keep getting in trouble for it but say they don't have a problem.

1613510188721.gif

Do you ever go above speed limits,run stop signs or red lights.Those are NOT legal either.I know I’m splitting hairs but that seems to be what you are doing.
I think that's completely different but I'll play. No, I don't but I used to because had a problem with it. I was young and thought I could do anything I wanted. I don't anymore.

I'm not splitting hairs. It's pretty simple actually and that's why it's so interesting to me. The excuses you potheads make to defend your habit/addiction whatever you want to call it is comical and sad at the same time.

I have a problem with alcohol, that's why I stopped using it 8 years ago. Just because alcohol is worse, and I do believe it is, has nothing at all to do with pot being completely harmless. It's not.

Smoke it. Keep getting in trouble for it. I'll keep reading your stories about it. Obviously you've got it all under control.

**Edit: I use the term pothead because my friends that smoke regularly hate it. I'm an alcoholic and wished I was a pothead instead. But that's another conversation. I honestly don't have a problem with smokers I just like giving them a hard time when they get in trouble for and blame it not being legal as the problem.

Last edited:
I think weed should be legal, but he put himself in a very bad spot. Immediately after putting himself in the same bad spot. He chose poorly. He rode dirty. Like it or not he subjected himself to a criminal charge. This is not a speeding ticket which is a civil violation. He knew it was a crime and agree or disagree with whether it should be... it is and he did it anyway. Make stupid decisions, win stupid prizes. This kid knew the risk and made a decision he knew could jeopardize his career. It is over. Move on.

I would not oppose him being off the team, continuing in school all summer (maybe attending drug classes) and being allowed back after demonstrating new priorities.

No one mentioned race. Judging by 1982's previous posts, he's a drama queen. He's bashed Salter on multiple occasions. Don't listen to that fool. Don't take the bait.

You don't listen to me but you have the time to read old posts and take them out of context. Yeah, you're the real fool here.

Do you ever go above speed limits,run stop signs or red lights.Those are NOT legal either.I know I’m splitting hairs but that seems to be what you are doing.

The reason the kid was released has less to do with what he got arrested for and more to do with he's mentally incapable of following rules. Having players on your football team (a football team which is currently on life support) that cannot follow simple rules given to them is a sure death sentence to the football program. It will never ever recover with players doing whatever the hell they want and not listening to their coaches and team rules.

One day weed will be legal (at least for adults) but football teams may very well continue with a no-weed policy and that is perfectly within their rights to say if you smoke weed you cant be on this team. They can get kicked off the team and that's perfectly justifiable.

If you can't follow rules, you can't be here. Not laws...... team rules.

Could have smoked it all season long…no one was barreling down his door to check. Needed to run around at 3 AM and didn’t take care of his business. If I was a fake psychologist, I’d say he purposefully sabotaged himself. Didn’t smack well for his mindset as future face of the team.

Reactions: Remy

If the football team had a team rule that said "under no circumstances will you ever get a traffic violation" and you continuously got speeding tickets anyway because the rules dont apply to you, then the team would have every right to get rid of you.

I think that's the point people are missing. This is so not about laws or the legalization of anything. It's about doing what your coaches tell you to do. If you can't do that, then you cant complain when you're sent packing.

I'm sure publicly putting his own interests ahead of the interests of his team went a long way toward his dismissal. Prima Donna in the 1st degree. And all this before he ever throws a football on the field at UT.

274AD10C-DCA8-4541-8030-604DB1648B82.png

The weed wasn't really the issue.

I am mid 60s and know multiple people (younger and my age). The ones who smoke everyday have issues such as not concentrating, ADHD tendacies, mood swings, and other not so big issues. The once a week or once a month folks don’t display any of these issues. Most are financially ok and some may say successful but it doesn’t help the everyday smokers. Their biggest defense is, it helps them relax or chill. I’m around them and it doesn’t do either. And for what it’s worth, I look at it the same as drinking. Once a week socially doesn’t bother me.

The reason the kid was released has less to do with what he got arrested for and more to do with he's mentally incapable of following rules. Having players on your football team (a football team which is currently on life support) that cannot follow simple rules given to them is a sure death sentence to the football program. It will never ever recover with players doing whatever the hell they want and not listening to their coaches and team rules.

One day weed will be legal (at least for adults) but football teams may very well continue with a no-weed policy and that is perfectly within their rights to say if you smoke weed you cant be on this team. They can get kicked off the team and that's perfectly justifiable.

But it’s not “gangsta” to follow rules.

My bad..... put my Kaiden cap on for a min and got lost in the moment. Carry on

I think that's completely different but I'll play. No, I don't but I used to because had a problem with it. I was young and thought I could do anything I wanted. I don't anymore.

I'm not splitting hairs. It's pretty simple actually and that's why it's so interesting to me. The excuses you potheads make to defend your habit/addiction whatever you want to call it is comical and sad at the same time.

I have a problem with alcohol, that's why I stopped using it 8 years ago. Just because alcohol is worse, and I do believe it is, has nothing at all to do with pot being completely harmless. It's not.

Smoke it. Keep getting in trouble for it. I'll keep reading your stories about it. Obviously you've got it all under control.

**Edit: I use the term pothead because my friends that smoke regularly hate it. I'm an alcoholic and wished I was a pothead instead. But that's another conversation. I honestly don't have a problem with smokers I just like giving them a hard time when they get in trouble for and blame it not being legal as the problem.
I actually don’t smoke it. I used to smoke it when I was young and that was many years ago. I’m just saying nobody is perfect and people mess up especially younger people.I think he deserved to be kicked off the team but primarily for what he did the first time he got into trouble.

I completely agree with you.

I actually don’t smoke it. I used to smoke it when I was young and that was many years ago. I’m just saying nobody is perfect and people mess up especially younger people.I think he deserved to be kicked off the team but primarily for what he did the first time he got into trouble.
I first responded to you because of this post...
I agree that he doesn’t need help on the weed issue,it should be legalized.
We can agree to disagree and move on.

For me its simple, he broke the law and embarrassed his team. So he got the boot oh well next man up.

I feel like we should make all drugs legal and tax it like we do alcohol. Maybe tax it even more. Empty jails that are full of people with possession charges only and stop spending money on the war against drugs. Will DUIs go up for a few months? Yes. Will it go back down? Yes. We seen that with Washington and Colorado. It's a billion dollar if not trillion dollar industry as is so why not tax it and make money off of it?

I remember being stupid as a junior in high school when a cute little girl came up to me and wanted to borrow my first ever car......To drive it to the store (right off school grounds) to get a pair of panty hose (back when they wore them). Being young and foolish and stupid, I didn't even ask if she had a license or if she could drive a stick. First stop sign she came to, she ran.....And into the path of an 18-wheeler. From the windshield forward the car was smashed but no one hurt. To get that car, I had been working for 50 cents an hour (yes that is not a typo) to save up money to buy it for $400. My dad never fussed at me but simply looked at me and stated: "Well, I guess that is the most expensive pair of panty hose that you will ever buy". I never forgot that and learned by it. We all make mistakes in life and most of us learn from them. Sadly, Salter knew the rules coming in and threw it all away on two repeated stupid mistakes. Hopefully he does not make a third mistake. His second mistake does remind me a a former talented QB that could not get past the weed, failed tests, and was even caught using purchased urine. Seems like he transferred and flopped at the next school too. What could have been at UT with this young man is now only a question for us. I hope he gets his priorities in line and understands that going forward.
Very cool of your dad to handle it the way he did. It was a life lesson you will always remember, Spencer.
FDCFCD00-4232-4439-8379-5011E356BE6B.jpeg

what was the dumbass behavior? I get he got in trouble previously, but it seems to me he was kicked off the team because of possession of.....................weed.

He was a dumbass for thinking breaking rules was a good idea at this stage of reinstatement.

Im an advocate of marijuana legalization, however i drug test people regularly to get and keep their jobs. If they pop for weed, guess what...they aint going back to the job. And IMO they are dumbasses because they know the rules of keeping the job.

He was a dumbass for thinking breaking rules was a good idea at this stage of reinstatement.
Im an advocate of marijuana legalization, however i drug test people regularly to get and keep their jobs. If they pop for weed, guess what...they aint going back to the job. And IMO they are dumbasses because they know the rules of keeping the job.
It's amazing this needs to be explained over and over again.

"But it should be legal, alcohol is and it's worse."

Most places of employment won't let you be under the influence of alcohol at work either.

I actually think ALL drugs should be legal AFTER the taxpayer funded safety net is removed so that people have to face the total consequences of their OWN CHOICES.

That said, Salter doesn't get to make his own rules up. He was out at 3 AM... for what? That question isn't one for others but for someone on a football scholarship that carries a code of conduct- it is. He was involved in the earlier incident then almost immediately took to Instagram to invite people to come "thug" with him... that's not even something you think about stating publicly after just getting busted for "thuggin".

Then he jumps on social media to announce he's open for business and wants to sell his image.

All of this adds up to a young guy so immature and full of himself that he doesn't need to be part of the team. No remorse. No repentance. No contrition. Just more ego centric displays.

VN Store

Back