Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep an eye on Kentucky transfer Coltyn Kessler. Believe Tennessee is situated well to land the catcher who entered the portal this morning.

Kessler is the Kentucky player who hit the homer to beat Vanderbilt and hand the Vols the SEC East. He is from St. Louis and his Dad is friends with Vitello.

With the perception that Connor Pavolony will turn pro, the Vols need to add a veteran catcher. He had a very impressive season:

- Buster Posey Collegiate Catcher of the Year semifinalist
- Played in 46 games, starting 41, and batted a team-best .349 in 152 at-bats with 20 runs, 53 hits, 11 doubles, 7 home runs, 25 RBI, Walked 23 times
- posted a .439 on-base percentage…Slugged .559, second on the team, and had a .998 OPS
- Batted .339 with a 1.007 OPS while starting all 30 SEC games, tying for a team-high in doubles with 7
- Posted 16 multi-hit games
- Ranked in the SEC’s top 10 in average and OBP
- Led all SEC catchers in average, slugging and OBP
- Reached safely in 36 of the final 40 games and had a hit in 17 of the final 21
- Had a nine-game stretch where he reached base in 27 of 40 plate appearances
- Batting average did not dip below .345 over the final 37 games of the season.

- Ben McKee, VQ

- Ben McKee, VQ

b739cef2-b304-4c62-8c3e-3e1ee54d8f82_text.gif

It's a great day to be a Vol. Vitello ain't going anywhere, as most of us knew. Bright things ahead on Rocky Top. Maybe some of our fans will learn to chill now and realize it's not always doom and gloom here.

Yeah I agree. I never believed all the hype that TV was gone and like I been saying there are a lot more proven coaches out that has been doing it a lot long than TV to be considered for that job. But I am very happy that he is staying.

Watching our BB team recruiting lights out along with our Baseball team just makes me hunger even more to see our football program get back on top. Wouldn't it be awesome to have three programs in the three season Fall, Winter and Spring to have something to look forward to watching. Its been a while. LOL

It's a great day to be a Vol. Vitello ain't going anywhere, as most of us knew. Bright things ahead on Rocky Top. Maybe some of our fans will learn to chill now and realize it's not always doom and gloom here.

Agreed. For those paying attention, we are actually at a high point in UT athletics.

Major facilities upgrades coming all around.

Most programs are very competitive, with elite coaches. Football breaking in an exciting new young coach with a ridiculously high career winning percentage.

Great time to be a Vol fan!

i recall one time i told my dad i was pulling for arkansas. pretty sure it was the 6OT game in 2002, i couldn't have been older than 6.

He told me to go outside and start looking for somewhere else to live. That was the end of my fan experimentation.

He got soft on my brother, and he grew up a South Carolina fan.
Or your brother has a bigger set than you..... 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back