Your competition is not other people. Your competition is:

1. Your procrastination.
  2. Your ego.
  3. The unhealthy food you consume.
  4. The knowledge you neglect to learn.
  5. Your lack of discipline.
  6. Your distractions.
  7. Your bad habits.
  8. The negative behavior you are nurturing.
  9. Your self-doubt.
Compete against that.
I hate you for this.

1. Your procrastination.
  2. Your ego.
  6. Your distractions.
  7. Your bad habits.
  9. Your self-doubt.
Compete against that.
Ouch Doc....... I'm screwed..

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
DW needs to do whatever it takes to lock TV up. Pay the man, pay the staff, commit to whatever renovations LNS needs. If LSU swoops in and steal him, it's a huge blow to the Tennessee brand IMO. The university desperately needs a PR win. Baseball has been providing that, and it's lifted up the fans. All that flies out the window if we don't lock TV up.
As much as I like TV I think he is at best an LSU fall back option. He didn't handle the series very well in managing the team, made some mistakes that a more seasoned coach might not have.

I agree that we need to keep TV though, we caught lightning with him, certainly could, and likely would do much worse with another hire should we have to make it.

Someone needs to step in an cap all college athletic coaching salaries. what some of the bball and football coaches without proving ahiite is ludicrous

I would say Tony Vitello has proven himself just fine. He's rebuilt a program, something none of our current football coaches to date have been able to do. And, in the grand scheme of things, "top paid baseball coach" is chump change. That's like a MAC football coach salary. It could mean anything from $1.6 million or more. We paid Jim Chaney $1.2 million to run the worst offense in recent TN memory.

1. Your procrastination.
  2. Your ego.
  6. Your distractions.
  7. Your bad habits.
  9. Your self-doubt.
Compete against that.
You been reading Carnegie?

Wondered this myself. I do not believe JC would’ve started JG…
I agree, after the Kentucky game last year I feel like Shrout would’ve started tbh, cause HB wasn’t quite ready and it probably wasn’t going to be the best idea to start him against bama when he only had 4 career Pass attempts to that point

Christian Lowe trolling Vol Nation and Twitter at the same time. What a life he must have.

It is becoming a bit strange.

Also, Ben McKee has stated that he’s talked to some people in Omaha, and he now believes LSU is focusing on candidates other than Vitello.

I think their list is:
1. Corbin
2. O’Connor
3. McDonnell
4. Jay Johnson

then maybe Vitello, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s not even on their radar. He doesn’t have much in his resume outside of this year, and he’s not really part if the in club in college baseball yet. I think Woodward wants a proven, established type coach vs a promising up-and-comer.

Christian Lowe trolling Vol Nation and Twitter at the same time. What a life he must have.

It sounds exhausting...
iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back