Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 years ago I was scheduled for LASIK surgery. They did my right eye and caused significant damage. I have had a follow up surgery and will need another surgery in 3 years. I were a contact now in right eye and have good vision. They did PRK on left eye. Get PRK!!! Left eye is great. PRK has a little longer recovery time with same results and less risk.
BTW, office staff told me that I was first mistake my doctor had ever made. He was crushed and has been very good to me in trying to fix my eye.

I am actually scared to say this (scared Dad), but I need some VN prayers. We are on vacation and my 16 year old daughter started having a GI bleed. She has been in the ICU since Sunday afternoon. She is stable now, but GI bleeds can get bad really fast. She has required a transfusion. So far all tests have been “normal“, that actually scares me more… since she is in the ICU, only one parent can stay with her. My wife is a Pediatrician, so she is staying with my daughter.
Hopefully she can have her colonoscopy done this evening, couldn’t complete it yesterday due to the blood in her colon.
If I could ask for your prayers that my daughter will be okay and that the medical staff can figure out the cause and fix it soon. I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you very much!
You have them sir.

God be with you and your family and touch your daughter with healing powers.....

I got LASIK 2 months ago. Wore glasses or contacts for nearly 30 years. I have 20/10 vision now and no residual side effects.

It’s probably like anything else, research your provider.
My wife got lasik about 6 months ago and before the surgery was almost legally blind. Now she can see almost 20/20. It’s pretty wild. Her only real complaint is dry eyes and driving at night with light sensitivity.

How does “Steve” always get through on the Brent Hubbs power hour and a better question is why do they let him.
Is
How does “Steve” always get through on the Brent Hubbs power hour and a better question is why do they let him.
that the old man that sounds like he smokes 3 packs a day? There were regular callers that would drive me nuts.. always the same guys. I haven’t listened in a while now

Reactions: EdEcEko77
I am thinking about getting it done this winter. I’m tired of contacts especially this time of year in allergy season in Georgia. Who is doing it? Let me know how it goes, and if I should move forward with doing it.
A few people I know that has had it done have either dry eyes problem or their eyes burns sometimes and 1 within 4 years is already back in glasses. I looked into it but the risk vs reward is only about 6-10 years that you will be back in either glasses and contacts. 2 Drs in Ga and 1 in Tennessee told me this so I will just keep wearing my contacts and then graduate back to my glasses when I wont be able to wear contacts any longer.

A few people I know that has had it done have either dry eyes problem or their eyes burns sometimes and 1 within 4 years is already back in glasses. I looked into it but the risk vs reward is only about 6-10 years that you will be back in either glasses and contacts. 2 Drs in Ga and 1 in Tennessee told me this so I will just keep wearing my contacts and then graduate back to my glasses when I wont be able to wear contacts any longer.

Its different for everyone, it depends on your particular eye shape and what the impairment to your vision actually is. I would suggest going to an eye doctor and getting their opinion.

I had it in 2014 and have been very happy. Still 20/20. I do have dry eyes and lights at night can be a little blurry but it beats the alternative. I wore contacts for 20 years and glasses for 5 years prior to that. I was told that I will eventually need reading glasses but that happens to everyone. Highly recommend if you are a candidate. Make sure you find a good Dr. though, that makes all the difference in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back