Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it’s best of 3 series against Virginia right
No but we play them first.

The eight winners of the super regionals head to the CWS in Omaha. They are split into two double-elimination brackets, consisting of four teams each.

College World Series Finals

The winners of the two CWS brackets meet in the CWS Finals, a best-of-three series to decide the NCAA champion.

Do we want Miss St here over ND?

Considering we run-ruled then in our 1 game, I'd like our psychological advantage if we did eventually face them.

Not a lot in terms of common opponents, but here we go:

UVA
2-10 LOSS vs Liberty (Away)
6-5 WIN vs Liberty (Home)
3-4 LOSS vs USCe (Away)
3-2 WIN vs USCe (Away)

Total: 2-2
-7 total runs scored

UT
10-4 WIN vs USCe (Away)
2-3 LOSS vs USCe (Away)
5-4 WIN vs USCe (Away)
9-3 WIN vs Liberty (Home)
3-1 WIN vs Liberty (Home)

Total: 4-1
+14 total runs scored

Who funded those studies, travel ball coaches? The problem is travel ball coaching. They want to win so bad they will risk a young persons arm before it is mature enough to handle that type of workload. The reason Nolan Ryan could handle it is because his arm had developed before he pitched 235 pitches in a game. Youth sports are causing problems with major league sports.
That is another thing to look at…. How has the emergence of travel ball affected arm injuries…There is innings limits in travel ball as well so they can’t pitch a kid continuously….. typically, at the youth travel ball level….. kids throw a small bullpen session Tuesday or Wednesday and then pitch on the weekends….. is it still too much? I don’t know…… I do think some of the training methods have negative effects on kids….. I’m very much against throwing weighted baseballs….. I feel it is bad on those young arms.

As for mechanics….. Dustin may who is out with an arm injury….. last year threw a 98 mph pitch that moved 17 inches….. that’s just not natural….. some of the ways guys torque their arms nowadays is unreal.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Nolan was also a genetic freak who threw mostly with his legs.
perfect mechanics and had the strongest legs on the Team. Met him twice and a nice guy too. He came and gave lessons/etc when I taught at Jim Rice Baseball School to all the kids. They say he can go out now and still throw mid eighties at his age. He really took care of himself. Said he hurt on time at the Mets and would never happen again.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
perfect mechanics and had the strongest legs on the Team. Met him twice and a nice guy too. He came and gave lessons/etc when I taught at Jim Rice Baseball School to all the kids. They say he can go out now and still throw mid eighties at his age. He really took care of himself. Said he hurt on time at the Mets and would never happen again.
his crouch and leg drive was just unreal

Who funded those studies, travel ball coaches? The problem is travel ball coaching. They want to win so bad they will risk a young persons arm before it is mature enough to handle that type of workload. The reason Nolan Ryan could handle it is because his arm had developed before he pitched 235 pitches in a game. Youth sports are causing problems with major league sports.
Look at all the complete games Bob Gibson had in his career and mechanics were not good but fit freak and a no nonsense pitcher. A hard thrower

Reactions: hooter vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back