Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pitch count stuff is just new age baseball based off analytics and injuries…Some studies on it thinks injuries are more mechanics issues rather than overuse…. I feel it is a combination of the two……Look at the older pitchers….. Nolan Ryan once struck out 19 hitters over 13 innings in 235 pitches thrown.

It is mostly mechanics because Nolan didn’t believe in torquing the elbow so much. He threw his fastball and curveball using different grips and kept the same arm angle. That’s why he lasted for so long.

Nolan was also a genetic freak who threw mostly with his legs.

Yes, he also believed most of pitching power came in your legs. But as volbeast said, there were a lot of older pitchers who threw high pitches for years. I think college is a little different when protecting guys though.

It is mostly mechanics because Nolan didn’t believe in torquing the elbow so much. He threw his fastball and curveball using different grips and kept the same arm angle. That’s why he lasted for so long.
I think it is bc of how many pitches several of those guys use to throw…. It doesn’t seem like pitch counts is having much of an effect….I saw a pic of a current pitcher and a human arm is not suppose to bend that way…. It was freaky looking.

The pitch count stuff is just new age baseball based off analytics and injuries…Some studies on it thinks injuries are more mechanics issues rather than overuse…. I feel it is a combination of the two……Look at the older pitchers….. Nolan Ryan once struck out 19 hitters over 13 innings in 235 pitches thrown.
Good god. Guess there's a reason Nolan Ryan's advertising niche was pain relieving creams 😅

Reactions: DarthVol1
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back