'22 FL SDE Venson Sneed (Indiana commit)

Sounds like we got a good one. Can't wait until he is on campus and has Coach Garner to take him to the elite level!

I think so too.

Judging from the reactions in the FF, you would think we gave a scholarship to the equipment manager. I think this kid has potential.

Meaning you put a higher value on a fat ass in a cube vs a coach who does this for a living.
Considering our recent track record with coaches who do this for a living, a reasonable amount of skepticism is not an unhealthy thing. I fully support Heupel, but we are still in the trust but verify stage of a relationship.

Considering our recent track record with coaches who do this for a living, a reasonable amount of skepticism is not an unhealthy thing. I fully support Heupel, but we are still in the trust but verify stage of a relationship.
Some coaching staffs are better than others at evaluating, that is a fact. I’m just saying there is no way I’ll ever put the opinion of a ranking service over a coach for validation. It’s a corrupt industry IMO.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

I fully trust Heupel and this staff can develop players. But I’ve been burned by basically the last several coaching staffs in blindly putting trust in their ability to identify diamonds in the rough. I need to see it first.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

I fully trust Heupel and this staff can develop players. But I’ve been burned by basically the last several coaching staffs in blindly putting trust in their ability to identify diamonds in the rough. I need to see it first.
This year is different bc so many guys are not going to be rated correctly due to covid….we just notice the diamond in the roughs more…. How many highly rated guys didn’t live up to their ratings either……we won’t start making progress until we have coaches that are good evaluators/developers….. I really do feel like this group of coaches can do that but time will tell.

Getting raw talent wasn't the problem of either of the last two coaches. One couldn't coach. The other was a poor leader.

Meaning you put a higher value on a fat ass in a cube vs a coach who does this for a living.

You can see me?
NecessaryFlickeringJaguar-size_restricted.gif

VN Store

Back