Coming after Vitello

Godwin is 1A it sounds like with his ties to LSU and OM. He fits the mold of the last 5-6 SEC hires; young, great recruiter with SEC experience as an assistant at successful programs. If Schloss leaves I have zero concerns about TV and that opening, it will start and end with Kirk Saarloos if Cal State doesn’t get him first.

I’ve said all I have to say on this subject...

HE. AIN’T. LEAVING!

Even after CV's postgame celebration and press conference on Sunday, some of you still have concerns that he might bolt to another job opening??

He clearly has been touched by the overwhelming fanbase turnout at home games, in Hoover, and this past weekend at LNS. He knows just how much this fanbase cares.

Plowman, White, Boyd and big time donors have indicated that they are ready to go all in to invest in him, his program, his staff, and LNS upgrades.

CV values loyalty. Tennessee gave him his first HC job.

Bottom line: He's not going anywhere.

Even after CV's postgame celebration and press conference on Sunday, some of you still have concerns that he might bolt to another job opening??

He clearly has been touched by the overwhelming fanbase turnout at home games, in Hoover, and this past weekend at LNS. He knows how much this fanbase cares.

Plowman, White, Boyd and big time donors have indicated that they are ready to go all in to invest in him, his staff, and LNS upgrades.

Agree, but I’d prefer it to be iron clad….

He clearly has been touched by the overwhelming fanbase turnout at home games, in Hoover, and this past weekend at LNS. He knows just how much this fanbase cares.

Plowman, White, Boyd and big time donors have indicated that they are ready to go all in to invest in him, his program, his staff, and LNS upgrades.

IMO, the deal is already done and was done before the regional. That’s the reason we got the reactions we got from Vitello, he celebrated like a guy that was thanking his players and fans and did it very loosely, like a weight had been lifted. The reason it hasn’t been revealed yet is because Vitello is a very calculated coach and 1, he doesn’t want to take away from his players right now and 2, maybe they are playing for him(to stay) and he has picked up on this and wants to keep it going.
JMO.
GBO!!

IMO, the deal is already done and was done before the regional. That’s the reason we got the reactions we got from Vitello, he celebrated like a guy that was thanking his players and fans and did it very loosely, like a weight had been lifted. The reason it hasn’t been revealed yet is because Vitello is a very calculated coach and 1, he doesn’t want to take away from his players right now and 2, maybe they are playing for him(to stay) and he has picked up on this and wants to keep it going.
JMO.
GBO!!

I hope yer right Cobb... I feel good about it.

But there’s been some weird...started painting a shed today...hopefully it’s the baseball gods looking down on us!

GBO!!!

C544D23B-A749-41BA-9FED-157251BF4C47.jpeg

JMO.
GBO!!
Very interesting perceptions. I hope you are 100% correct. It's great to have a coach the players are crazy about.

I hope yer right Cobb... I feel good about it.

But there’s been some weird...started painting a shed today...hopefully it’s the baseball gods looking down on us!

GBO!!!

View attachment 372805
I look at that and I see Tony Vitello smiling at you!
The baseball gods work in mysterious ways and you gotta pay attention for the signs man.
#donedeal
GBO!!

Reading the A&M team board it would appear that they feel like Schloss is a done deal and will be announced within the next few days. There's a quote from a TCU insider in the thread that I'm linking below that all but says as much. If it holds water, it sounds like Kirk Saarloos will be prompted to HC after Schloss heads South to College Station. That's about as good of a situation as you could have asked for if your TCU given the circumstances.

A&M Board feels like it's a done deal

Reading the A&M team board it would appear that they feel like Schloss is a done deal and will be announced within the next few days. There's a quote from a TCU insider in the thread that I'm linking below that all but says as much. If it holds water, it sounds like Kirk Saarloos will be prompted to HC after Schloss heads South to College Station. That's about as good of a situation as you could have asked for if your TCU given the circumstances.

A&M Board feels like it's a done deal

I've been arguing (nicely) with folks over there in the Vitello thread that TN can and will pay for facility upgrades. They seem to think we're broke.

I've been arguing (nicely) with folks over there in the Vitello thread that TN can and will pay for facility upgrades. They seem to think we're broke.

If we can secure him and those upgrades after this post season run I think he builds a power house in Knoxville for many years to come. It sounds like Godwin and Bianco are towards the top of the list for LSU, but I'll breathe a little bit deeper once they land their guy and it's not Vitello.

Ben McKee said it best recently & although it's not something I wanted to hear or think about I think it's a valid point .. right now feels like the only time a program like LSU would still have enough pull to really give him something to think about. If UT is given the opportunity to renovate LNS with his vision as well as make him the highest paid coach in the country it's hard for me to see him leaving. Why go somewhere else and walk in someone else's footsteps when you can create your own legacy and leave your mark on something you built from scratch? He's already the most loved coach on campus.

We all know this fanbase is longing for someone to rally behind. I believe in my heart of hearts that he's our guy for the long haul - But I'll still sleep a little better when the ink drys. Nobody's going to be able to tell us anything when that day officially arrives 🍊🍊

If we can secure him and those upgrades after this post season run I think he builds a power house in Knoxville for many years to come. It sounds like Godwin and Bianco are towards the top of the list for LSU, but I'll breathe a little bit deeper once they land their guy and it's not Vitello.

Ben McKee said it best recently & although it's not something I wanted to hear or think about I think it's a valid point .. right now feels like the only time a program like LSU would still have enough pull to really give him something to think about. If UT is given the opportunity to renovate LNS with his vision as well as make him the highest paid coach in the country it's hard for me to see him leaving. Why go somewhere else and walk in someone else's footsteps when you can create your own legacy and leave your mark on something you built from scratch? He's already the most loved coach on campus.

We all know this fanbase is longing for someone to rally behind and I all think in my heart of hearts that he's our guy - But I'll still sleep a little better when the ink drys. Nobody's going to be able to tell us anything when that's officially announced 🍊🍊

Sexton probably won’t allow it, but if there’s a way,..

GET. IT. DONE.

VN Store

Back