2022 Recruits

Exactly, she may be good with being someone’s understudy for the first twoish years which would be ok. But i stand by my statement that she could go make an immediate impact on another team and get playing time. She looks like a good player for sure but i wouldn’t be crushed if she didn’t come to TN being from SC. I expect Dawn to defend the SC boarders.

Let’s also be clear i totally expect a few surprises with the TN recruiting classes coming up so good ones we think may not be LVs just might pop up

An elite player that is ok with waiting two years to have a major impact is a rarity. We have to sell the fact we lose our leading scorer next year and our next most talented 2 players the following year and neither of those play her 3/4 position. So, the opportunity is there.

An elite player that is ok with waiting two years to have a major impact is a rarity. We have to sell the fact we lose our leading scorer next year and our next most talented 2 players the following year and neither of those play her 3/4 position. So, the opportunity is there.

In the case of Watkins, it's really only 1 year. After Boston/Amihere graduate, then it's just Cardosa and Feagin at the 4/5 spot.

I don't think that an elite player waiting 2 years to have a major impact is a rarity. At SC, Destiny Henderson was behind Tyasha Harris her first two years. Practically their entire star-studded freshmen class is coming in to be understudies for the next 1-2 season. UConn...same thing. McLean was a HS AA and will be lucky to be in the rotation as a sophomore, let alone an impact player. Ducharme won't be getting major minutes next year with Fudd, Williams, Bueckers and Westbrook there, and maybe not even the following year. First two years is not unreasonable to slowly increase your minutes if playing behind upperclassmen on a contender team. If they aren't starting by junior year, they might consider greener pastures...although you still have players like Amihere (SC) who seem to be ok coming off the bench even as an upperclassman.

SC is producing a lot of really good players in these two upcoming classes, much like Tennessee did for a few years in a row too.

In the case of Watkins, it's really only 1 year. After Boston/Amihere graduate, then it's just Cardosa and Feagin at the 4/5 spot.

I don't think that an elite player waiting 2 years to have a major impact is a rarity. At SC, Destiny Henderson was behind Tyasha Harris her first two years. Practically their entire star-studded freshmen class is coming in to be understudies for the next 1-2 season. UConn...same thing. McLean was a HS AA and will be lucky to be in the rotation as a sophomore, let alone an impact player. Ducharme won't be getting major minutes next year with Fudd, Williams, Bueckers and Westbrook there, and maybe not even the following year. First two years is not unreasonable to slowly increase your minutes if playing behind upperclassmen on a contender team. If they aren't starting by junior year, they might consider greener pastures...although you still have players like Amihere (SC) who seem to be ok coming off the bench even as an upperclassman.

SC is producing a lot of really good players in these two upcoming classes, much like Tennessee did for a few years in a row too.

I don’t see it with top five type talent. It might work out that way at a SC or UConn occasionally but it is even more doubtful they wait given the new ability to transfer.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Any other commits in the 22 class other than Justine?
8d880372f01c6489d3c6bbca8d30a295.gif

Watkins won’t play the 3 at SC if she decides on us. She’s a athletic 4/5 and would pair well with Feagin and Cardoso. Sania will probably play the 3 more for us since she’s the better shooter and ball handler.

I was just covering all possible options for Watkins having playing time at SC - in limited match-up scenarios she could be effective at the 3. But even if she's only 4 & 5 it still doesn't change my post above. Her freshman season alone she'll have a fight on her hands getting substantial minutes. Her sophomore season - not so much.....

Last edited:
Last edited:

VN Store

Back