2024 Recruiting Thread

Imho. any interactions," coaching , advising, etc. etc" ,between CJ and any prospective recruits should not be known here and especially not debated. Too ripe for error on both ends! Keep it on the down low!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been trying to hint at the same thing. No one should know that he is working with her or any players that UT are interested in because it would make it seem to the outsiders looking in that he is providing us a leg up in recruiting by working with and suggesting players to our program because he is a fan.

I've been trying to hint at the same thing. No one should know that he is working with her or any players that UT are interested in because it would make it seem to the outsiders looking in that he is providing us a leg up in recruiting by working with and suggesting players to our program because he is a fan.

Could he be considered a booster? If not, does it matter? Not arguing just trying to see what the issue would be legally.

Also i really hope this thread returns to talking about recruiting soon!

This is a public forum, just like twitter, instagram, FB, etc. I post for Lady vol and my athletes on my other soc-media accounts as well...I simply choose not to hide who I am and what I do. I do not post every athlete I work with by choice. But Madi Hawk has a strong desire to play for the Lady Vols, I am one of her coaches and if I can keep her in the vision of her desired collegiate team/goal, it is my responsibility as her coach to do so.

ANY AAU coach can do the same thing and they most likely do. How would I know? Are you a coach @gule or @mlindsay? Have either of you ever posted about a recruit you'd like to see play for the Lady Vols?

My posts here are a a variety of topics, not just her. Thus my intentions here are many, not just to present her. There is an ignore button for every poster, if it makes anyone feel uncomfortable reading my posts, know, I won't be offended if you use it.

Re outsiders and "leg up"....it is often argued that this site has no impact whatsoever re the Lady Vols org. I am not a booster in any way, nor am I officially connected to the college or the LV staff (yet),,,,so where is the "leg?"... And finally, most every poster here has at some time presented or vocalized their choice of a recruit. I am no different. I am just more visible and have "Coach" in my name

Could he be considered a booster? If not, does it matter? Not arguing just trying to see what the issue would be legally.

Also i really hope this thread returns to talking about recruiting soon!

I am not a booster in any way...No contributions, not a season ticket holder, no officially licensed org attached to the college (this is a public forum openly has and does accept posters from other universities, so it is not strictly a forum for this university). I have not been approached by the university to assist in recruiting a player... and I have never financially assisted a player or recruit....So, as far as the definition of "booster",,,nope

and yes, please lets get back on topic so Freak won't have to dissect

I feel like alot of this thread is irrelevant... who cares who is working with who, training who or what ever what does it matter. This is the place for opinions of potential recruits...all opinions welcome

Reactions: Coach Jumper
This is a public forum, just like twitter, instagram, FB, etc. I post for Lady vol and my athletes on my other soc-media accounts as well...I simply choose not to hide who I am and what I do. I do not post every athlete I work with by choice. But Madi Hawk has a strong desire to play for the Lady Vols, I am one of her coaches and if I can keep her in the vision of her desired collegiate team/goal, it is my responsibility as her coach to do so.

ANY AAU coach can do the same thing and they most likely do. How would I know? Are you a coach @gule or @mlindsay? Have either of you ever posted about a recruit you'd like to see play for the Lady Vols?

My posts here are a a variety of topics, not just her. Thus my intentions here are many, not just to present her. There is an ignore button for every poster, if it makes anyone feel uncomfortable reading my posts, know, I won't be offended if you use it.

Re outsiders and "leg up"....it is often argued that this site has no impact whatsoever re the Lady Vols org. I am not a booster in any way, nor am I officially connected to the college or the LV staff (yet),,,,so where is the "leg?"... And finally, most every poster here has at some time presented or vocalized their choice of a recruit. I am no different. I am just more visible and have "Coach" in my name
FYI I am a coach and have been for years (although on the men's side) but I am in contact with several coaches on the women's side as well. It isn't a good look. Yes I have commented on players that I would like to play for the Lady Vols but I have also steered clear of trying to reach out and work with recruits that are interested in the program as well as those who currently attend. The comments of not being officially connected to the program "yet" doesn't help the situation. Again I wish you all the best but many of these "deals" that AAU coaches make with teams concerning players and steering a player toward a certain program are often keep under wraps. Continue to do you and I will leave the topic alone,

I feel like alot of this thread is irrelevant... who cares who is working with who, training who or what ever what does it matter. This is the place for opinions of potential recruits...all opinions welcome

I would like to see this thread get back to its intention too,,,,2024 recruits.

With this 14 player roster and losing 4 next year and 4 the year after,,,there are going to be some interesting scenarios.
22 Has only one defined need and 23 has two defined needs....We will have to see if JH or KW will fill the shoes of Burrell at the end of 21-22,,,But JH and TK go the year after, so a scoring G/F and a lane-clogging/back to the basket C will have to be in place by the end of 22-23.

I see a PG and a shooter as first needs in 24

I just saw we only have 1 commit right now in the 22' class, 0 in the 23' class and 0 in the 24 class. Now I know some of these kids are young they are upcoming sophomore, junior and seniors but I just thought we would have more commits and even top5 interest... :(

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I just saw we only have 1 commit right now in the 22' class, 0 in the 23' class and 0 in the 24 class. Now I know some of these kids are young they are upcoming sophomore, junior and seniors but I just thought we would have more commits and even top5 interest... :(

Have you looked at the player rankings for 23 and 24? Only 1 commitment so far for those two classes. It's too early for those classes. As for why we don't see top 5 interest? Who says they are not in on these type players? Kellie doesn't advertise.

Have you looked at the player rankings for 23 and 24? Only 1 commitment so far for those two classes. It's too early for those classes. As for why we don't see top 5 interest? Who says they are not in on these type players? Kellie doesn't advertise.
I'm not saying the offers are not made to TOP recruits, but that it doesn't seem TN is in alot of recruits TOP 5 or 3 or whatever. I know the 23 and 24 class are young but right now we only have 1 commit in 22 class that is concerning

Reactions: mcannon1
I'm not saying the offers are not made to TOP recruits, but that it doesn't seem TN is in alot of recruits TOP 5 or 3 or whatever. I know the 23 and 24 class are young but right now we only have 1 commit in 22 class that is concerning
Recruits haven’t been able to visit on campus because of the pandemic. I’m sure we’ll start seeing some movement once players start taking visits

I'm not saying we should be concerned or not. Just saying it's early for 2023 and 2024 commitments.

And really for that matter, too early for top 5 or top 10 finalists lists too. Right now for the '23 and '24 cycles, only reports of programs offering should be in the news at this point. So you can be either ebullient or dispirited in the number of offers to those top prospects, but looking for final decisions by those prospects would be premature at this point in time....

Reactions: Bret178 and Lucy
Lastly, I saw a kid from TN that I saw in person and was very impressed with commit to Alabama.
I will work to try to not let that happen with Madi.

NCAA Definition of Booster:
  • Role of Boosters
Boosters play a role in providing student-athletes with a positive experience through their enthusiastic efforts. They can support teams and athletics departments through donations of time and financial resources which help student-athletes succeed on and off the playing field.
Boosters, referred to by the NCAA as “representatives of the institution’s athletic interests,” include anyone who has:
  • Provided a donation in order to obtain season tickets for any sport at the university.
  • Participated in or has been a member of an organization promoting the university’s athletics programs.
  • Made financial contributions to the athletic department or to a university booster organization.
  • Arranged for or provided employment for enrolled student-athletes.
  • Assisted or has been requested by university staff to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
  • Assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student athletes or their families.
  • Been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics.

So @Coach Jumper as I understand the two underlined passages you are a booster by definition. This forum is an organization promoting Lady Vol basketball and you are working to make sure Madi doesn't sign out of state.

NCAA Definition of Booster:
  • Role of Boosters
Boosters play a role in providing student-athletes with a positive experience through their enthusiastic efforts. They can support teams and athletics departments through donations of time and financial resources which help student-athletes succeed on and off the playing field.
Boosters, referred to by the NCAA as “representatives of the institution’s athletic interests,” include anyone who has:
  • Provided a donation in order to obtain season tickets for any sport at the university.
  • Participated in or has been a member of an organization promoting the university’s athletics programs.
  • Made financial contributions to the athletic department or to a university booster organization.
  • Arranged for or provided employment for enrolled student-athletes.
  • Assisted or has been requested by university staff to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
  • Assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student athletes or their families.
  • Been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics.

So @Coach Jumper as I understand the two underlined passages you are a booster by definition. This forum is an organization promoting Lady Vol basketball and you are working to make sure Madi doesn't sign out of state.
Not correct. 1. This site has no official affiliation with the University. It's a fan site. It doesn't fall under the guidelines. 2. I am sure he hasn't been requested by anyone connected to the university to assist in the recruitment of any player or players. What he does is no different than you walking up to a prospective athlete and say I hope you come play for us. That's not a violation.

So what if jumper wants MADI at TN, so do I and so does alot of other TN fans as I can tell.
Madi will make her own decision about where she wants to go to school im sure. I feel jumper is simply trying to get her ready (by giving advice,, training or whatever needed) to play at TN if she so chooses in the future. Not a violation by any means what so ever. Madi is definitely a fan favorite AND I'm rooting for her !!!

@37620VOL and @Orange Maniac It's OK to have different interpretation. But can I point out that the definition does not say the organization has to have an 'official' connection. It just have to be focused on 'promoting the university's athletic programs'. And note the word 'or' in the section on assisting in the recruitment of a prospective athlete. But like you say. It's just my interpretation and the reason for my initial post is I wouldn't want @Coach Jumper to get in trouble. All good.

Reactions: 37620VOL
@37620VOL and @Orange Maniac It's OK to have different interpretation. But can I point out that the definition does not say the organization has to have an 'official' connection. It just have to be focused on 'promoting the university's athletic programs'. And note the word 'or' in the section on assisting in the recruitment of a prospective athlete. But like you say. It's just my interpretation and the reason for my initial post is I wouldn't want @Coach Jumper to get in trouble. All good.
True, but I'm telling you that part doesn't apply to fan forums. You can choose to believe that part or not.

VN Store

Back