Potpourri

Never a huge fan of Grisham. I only remember reading The Firm and The Client. I went a long period of time where I stopped reading books for pleasure, only for academic or professional development. When I started flying weekly for work, I made it a point to read a book every week. I was jumping between genres so much I don't think I have a defined "taste" in books anymore.

Sorry I am late to the party, but if you want to dip your toe into the Grisham waters, pick up a copy of "The Partner". I have read it three times and I am still waiting for Grisham to write a sequel to this title.

Hope you were symptom free.
Glad you're here
;o)

Thanks, Coach.

Actually experienced chronic fatigue (still lingering), persistent cough (getting better every day), and loss of smell (slowly returning). Had a stomach bug and allergy symptoms the week before positive test (earluer test was neg.), so it's been about a month of different ailments. Wife and I both tested positive two weeks ago and have had similar symptoms. We've both been careful about wearing masks, etc. over the past year, but one of us was exposed somewhere.

Anyway, feeling almost normal. The Lady Vol Nation here has been good company during the social exile. Really gelped keep up the spirits!

Thanks, Coach.

Actually experienced chronic fatigue (still lingering), persistent cough (getting better every day), and loss of smell (slowly returning). Had a stomach bug and allergy symptoms the week before positive test (earlier test was neg.), so it's been about a month of different ailments. Wife and I both tested positive two weeks ago and have had similar symptoms. We've both been careful about wearing masks, etc. over the past year, but one of us was exposed somewhere.

Anyway, feeling almost normal. The Lady Vol Nation here has been good company during the social exile. Really helped keep up the spirits!

wow, ,,, I guess I count my blessings daily that were it not for two days of upset stomach and one day of "food poisoning type symptoms", I would have never even got tested. No temp, no loss of senses, a minor headache,,again, wow!

So sorry it affected you so hard, creek. I still remember meeting you at the game and thoroughly enjoying your company. Maybe we can sit through a game this year. I know I'd like that

Thanks, Coach.

Actually experienced chronic fatigue (still lingering), persistent cough (getting better every day), and loss of smell (slowly returning). Had a stomach bug and allergy symptoms the week before positive test (earluer test was neg.), so it's been about a month of different ailments. Wife and I both tested positive two weeks ago and have had similar symptoms. We've both been careful about wearing masks, etc. over the past year, but one of us was exposed somewhere.

Anyway, feeling almost normal. The Lady Vol Nation here has been good company during the social exile. Really gelped keep up the spirits!
You still need to be vigilant with making sure you feel normal. My wife and I had covid, finally got over it and a week after testing negative my wife began experiencing shortness of breath. It kept getting worse so she went to the emergency room and straight into ICU with congestive heart failure. They began getting fluid out of her at a rapid pace and she recovered. She has had two or three other things pop up that the doctors say is brought on by her bout with covid. So far, I haven't had any other issues. Keep on top of it. I wish you guys well and happy birthday. This covid is strange in the way it effects people in different ways.

You still need to be vigilant with making sure you feel normal. My wife and I had covid, finally got over it and a week after testing negative my wife began experiencing shortness of breath. It kept getting worse so she went to the emergency room and straight into ICU with congestive heart failure. They began getting fluid out of her at a rapid pace and she recovered. She has had two or three other things pop up that the doctors say is brought on by her bout with covid. So far, I haven't had any other issues. Keep on top of it. I wish you guys well and happy birthday. This covid is strange in the way it effects people in different ways.
my positive test was in May of last year

wow, ,,, I guess I count my blessings daily that were it not for two days of upset stomach and one day of "food poisoning type symptoms", I would have never even got tested. No temp, no loss of senses, a minor headache,,again, wow!

So sorry it affected you so hard, creek. I still remember meeting you at the game and thoroughly enjoying your company. Maybe we can sit through a game this year. I know I'd like that
That’s how my husband and I were. I thought we had sinus infections/allergies. Other than upset stomachs, headaches and fatigue, we were symptomless and never would have gotten tested if my co-worker didn’t get a positive result back.

Reactions: creekdipper
Thanks for all the advice and sharing your own experiences, guys. Information is ammunition. Didn't mean to derail thread but appreciate the well-wishes.

As the big sergeant on Hill Street Blues always ended roll call: "Let's be careful out there."

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice and sharing your own experiences, guys. Information is ammunition. Didn't mean to derail thread but appreciate the well-wishes.

As the big sergeant on Hill Street Blues always ended roll call: "Let's be careful out there."
that's what this thread is, a catch all...stay safe Creek

Michael Warren, a favorite. He was also in the original "Longest Yard" with Burt Reynolds.

Attachments

• Michael Warren_Hill St Blues.jpg
    Michael Warren_Hill St Blues.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 6
Michael Warren, a favorite. He was also in the original "Longest Yard" with Burt Reynolds.

Just a slight correction, Feather. Sgt. Phil Esterhaus was played by Michael Conrad.

The confusion probably occurs due to the show also featuring Michael Warren, who played officer Bobby Hill (and was considerably tanner than the sarge ;)). Before becoming an actor, Michael Warren was a starting guard from '66-'68 on the great UCLA teams that won multiple championships. Warren was an All-American in 1968 along with teammates Lucius Allen and a skinny kid named Lew Alcindor, whom no one ever heard from after college.

Just a slight correction, Feather. Sgt. Phil Esterhaus was played by Michael Conrad.

The confusion probably occurs due to the show also featuring Michael Warren, who played officer Bobby Hill (and was considerably tanner than the sarge ;)). Before becoming an actor, Michael Warren was a starting guard from '66-'68 on the great UCLA teams that won multiple championships. Warren was an All-American in 1968 along with teammates Lucius Allen and a skinny kid named Lew Alcindor, whom no one ever heard from after college.

correct

Reactions: feathersax

You are correct, sir! Thanks for the illumination.:cool::cool:

Reactions: creekdipper
An even dozen, in no particular order:
Casablanca
West Side Story
Grapes of Wrath
Annie Hall
Sigin in the Rain
The Godfather
2001 Space Odyssey
Citizen Kane
North by Northwest
Duck Soup
All the President's Men
Shawshank Redemption

You must be an old dude. I grew up watching most of them. I am a big fan of the 30s and 40s mystery flicks. Also WW2 espionage movies. Speaking of that, one of the best relative unknown movies is "The Man That Never Was'" I think it is on Utube

Reactions: krichunaka
You must be an old dude. I grew up watching most of them. I am a big fan of the 30s and 40s mystery flicks. Also WW2 espionage movies. Speaking of that, one of the best relative unknown movies is "The Man That Never Was'" I think it is on Utube
It depends on what you consider "old".

Reactions: krichunaka

VN Store

Back