2024 Recruiting Thread

I disagree. You can be a professional staff and not want to deal with all that comes along with it. It would probably be different if the player was of relation to the person. But a person who is of no relation that has attempted to build (or has built) relationships with former Lady Vols and is attempting to build relationships with future ones, just might not sit well with the school or coaches.

I am all for Coach accomplishing his goals and helping Tennessee return to its winning ways by identifying talent but imo the easiest way to do that is to create/coach his own team (or coach for another AAU organization) and put them on UT's radar that way. Doing it as some would see as an "independent contractor" just doesn't sit well.

surprised
tenor.gif

Reactions: mlindsay
Shocked I am! CJ doesn't give financial support to the institution! Shocked really. The way he talks I thought for sure he was committed to the program.

Boosters are limited in too many ways
I am committed to this program
And the more I trust this staff, the less I feel have to do. . . . Which is a very good feeling

One I haven't had since CHW's year 2

Who are some 2024 you guys would like to see at TN and why? (What do you think they would bring to the program?

Hopefully this is not “the grind” but merely a brief loosening up routine. Hopefully, they are incorporating fatigue into her shooting workouts. At least one of the guys could provide some contest by lunging at the shooter and forcing her to rebound her own shot. This teaches her to follow her shot. She will also learn about shooting angles based on the carom of the ball. She can always pass out of the rebound and relocate to receive again. She needs to be shooting tired to improve her efficiency. The shots she is taking in the film come zero to never whatever level she is playing. If she is this wide open, she better be taking it to the rim. Let her watch the film too to evaluate her scant elevation. Now is the time to improve that. Keep it up!

Last edited:
Hopefully this is not “the grind” but merely a loosening up routine. Hopefully, they are incorporating fatigue into her shooting workouts. At least one of the guys could provide some contest by lunging at the shooter and forcing her to rebound her own shot. This teaches her to follow her shot. She will also learn about shooting angles based on the carom of the ball. She can always pass out of the rebound and relocate to receive again. She needs to be shooting tired to improve her efficiency. The shots she is taking in the film come zero to never whatever level she is playing. If she is this wide open, she better be taking it to the rim. Let her watch the film too to evaluate her scant elevation. Now is the time to improve that. Keep it up!
I agree 100%. I'm sure she does other intense and tiring workouts (just assuming since she is one of the top players in the 2024 class) I am sure she doesn't just shoot wide open with rebounders as her only workout or at least I hope not. I do agree with you tho she definitely needs some elevation game. I'd like to see live game play of this kid. Sometimes film can been deceiving either good or bad but definitely can be deceiving. Keep working kid. I hope to see you in orange and white one day.

Hopefully this is not “the grind” but merely a brief loosening up routine. Hopefully, they are incorporating fatigue into her shooting workouts. At least one of the guys could provide some contest by lunging at the shooter and forcing her to rebound her own shot. This teaches her to follow her shot. She will also learn about shooting angles based on the carom of the ball. She can always pass out of the rebound and relocate to receive again. She needs to be shooting tired to improve her efficiency. The shots she is taking in the film come zero to never whatever level she is playing. If she is this wide open, she better be taking it to the rim. Let her watch the film too to evaluate her scant elevation. Now is the time to improve that. Keep it up!

I think the coach said she was just warming up.

actually, I sent her some modifications,,,,I don't want her standing facing the goal, waiting on the ball to drop in in front of her,,,,, as that will never happen in a game. If she is to practice and work truly on her technique and not just muscle memory, she needs to pivot out and have hands ready to receive the pass and then pivot into the shot upon reception, then pivot out to receive the pass (pivoting from both a left feed and a right feed),,,pivot in to shoot, etc...This would make the drill much more beneficial for in-game type of shooting and also let her work on hitting her shot off of a curl-rhythm-pivot,,,The hand in the face I will work on this with her this summer.

Re the elevation, I only want more elevation on mid-range shots....3 pointers are mostly taken on open looks and rarely in close proximity to a closing defender,,,but her midrange shot will most likely be taken with a taller post closing out on her, so she has to learn how to ignore the hand and get the shot off (and with her elevation) from a highest point

Taking it to the rim I will be covering with her this summer,,,would rather she not work on that much more until I can teach her how to dribble, pickup, transition and finish with one hand so she can use the other hand to fend

Last edited:
Film to me looks good. I'm good with her video. You guys need serious help. I look at it 3 times. Counted 18 0f 20. From 3. Watched this kid play before she shoots drives and plays at tuff level so I definitely think she does more than this. You all need chill. This kid is a 3 ball from everywhere.

Then it’s encouraging to learn that by your account this film does not tell the whole story— that she has arrived and needs no improvement and no challenges. Good for her. I look forward to seeing her play.

Coach jumper said warming up so maybe this is just a pre warm up drill or maybe a shooting drill she does. Who knows. But it is pretty impressive shooting none the less

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

VN Store

Back