Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any league is going to favor the best team, especially one that's a dynasty like them, but we still have an opportunity to beat them every single year. The ACC favors Clemson, so if we went over there it'd be the same $hit just in a lesser conference.
So you're not blind...you just accept taking it in the...

I think that call gets made every single time, 10 out of 10 times, in college or in the pros.

Avoiding the fielder used to not be a thing. Hell, breaking up the play was what we were taught to do when I played. Then Chase Utley basically ended Ruben Tejada's career. Now, that isn't part of the game anymore.

If you contact the fielder outside the basepath, that's interference. MLB or college. Don't have to like it but we aren't playing by 2005's rules.
If you go outside the lines to intentionally hit the fielder I would agree. The runner was in the line of the bases and has a right to make an effort to get to the base within the confines of the base. The runner's foot didn't have to bend back to catch the base, he was directly in line. The hand was up for protection of himself. His hand did graze the fielder but come on, that was joke of a call in a critical situation

There was a similar play in the Vandy/Ole Miss game directly after without an interference call. It was a crap call.

I don't think Tennessee should have been called out and they should've won the game, but this is NOT the same play. The runner never makes contact with the fielder like the Tennessee player did with the Bama fielder.

If you're going to show this video as an example of interference then you need to show just about every other double play involving a runner at second base.
Actually it is worse. The runner in this situation actually lifted his lead leg to try to contact the fielder

Here's the clear shot. I just don't see how you can say this is not interference.

Just forget intent for a moment. Was the second basemen in the basepath? No. Did the slide affect the throw? Yes. Comon' you guys lol.

This shows his arm went up to protect himself. The only way the throw was affected was bc the 2nd baseman didn’t want to put his knee in the runners face. He didn’t extend his arm and punch the guy. I’m sure at this point you have to just be trolling. Welcome to ignore, my feed just got Ten_Times better…………see what I did there?

After looking at this, this is one of those calls that either side would be getting the shaft. Im not happy about it but it wasn’t necessarily a terrible call, say this happened in the 5th inning it wouldn’t have been a big deal. But it was a winning run that would be effected by it so they probably were more picky with it.

He was hit in the sack because he's 4'-8".

Ty-Cobb-hard-slide.jpg

i miss REAL baseball. 1909 man, those were the days.

Why any Tennessee fan even interacts with a rival fan on this forum is beyond me. They are only here to be annoying.

The problem is we have our own fans acting high and mighty like there is no corruption. They are either blind or stupid. The favoritism towards Bama and lack of competitive integrity is blindingly obvious.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Yep - you have identified the core issue. But the rest of the SEC just whines and never does anything about it.

*If the universities on the raw end of the corruption ever really want it to stop*:

Work together and burn it down. Don't remember the author that wrote about how Bama was laundering their finances but he did a lot of the heavy lifting and in great detail.

Put resources into private investigations and get proof to include SEC complicity before coming forward. There's enough money involved now, with national betting etc., to get corruption charges. And to not allow the SEC to just punish away detractors.

All based on the desire and the spines to actually do something about it, of course. So, you know..

Do you realize that the base path is actually slightly wider than the bag itself? You do, you just don't care because you are either a self-hating Vol or a Bammer. Either way you should find another activity to fill your time.

Agree. Can't be "inside" and "outside" the base path at the same time. Either in or out. I guess him tickling him on the foot now constitutes obstruction. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back