Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Reactions: walkenvol
This is among the most moronic things ever uttered by an elected representative of the US. Think about that statement for a minute...... She should be lambasted, and publicly humiliated. Nothing else she ever says publicly should be taken seriously. She's a joke, a very sad unfunny joke.
How could she be humiliated? With all the stupid stuff she continually utters, and the media fawns all over her? Sad unfunny joke is right.

Reactions: StarRaider
This is among the most moronic things ever uttered by an elected representative of the US. Think about that statement for a minute...... She should be lambasted, and publicly humiliated. Nothing else she ever says publicly should be taken seriously. She's a joke, a very sad unfunny joke.
She isn't a joke. She knows exactly who she is and what her audience wants which gives her the influence she carries.

She isn't a joke. She knows exactly who she is and what her audience wants which gives her the influence she carries.
I believe you're correct, but they are a joke too. It's the reason I say this country won't last another 30 years.

Reactions: McDad
**** What-about-ism Alert ****

"it was like she was in a war"

Who else in American politics has publicly drawn such a stupid analogy?

Donald Trump, of course.

During an appearance on The Howard Stern Show in 1997, Donald Trump compared avoiding sexually transmitted diseases, while being a single man living in NYC in the 1970's, with military service in the Vietnam War (which he had actively avoided).

Speaking to Howard Stern while on the air, Donald Trump made the following analogy:

"I've been so lucky in terms of that whole world (the 1970's NYC dating scene and the risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases)," said Trump. "It is a dangerous world out there - it's scary, like Vietnam. Sort of like the Vietnam era. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave soldier." - Donald Trump

This analogy is made all the more ridiculous with the fact that Donald Trump dodged the Vietnam War draft with a medical deferment over something as silly as bone spurs in his feet... but then he had the balls to equate chasing tail with the same service which he had dodged? That analogy took an epic amount of nerve to make.

Last edited:
Once again, do you feel the same way about the analogy that Donald Trump made on The Howard Stern Show in 1997? Trump drew an analogy between the potential STD perils of dating in NYC during the 70's, with service in the Vietnam War. Trump even referred to 1970's dating in NYC as "my personal Vietnam".

It really is the same sort of stupid thing. However, I guess Trump gets a pass though, right? I mean, there is no chance in hell that you would ever be consistent with criticism across party lines... Is there?

It's like Trump. Under estimate them at your own risk.
It is exactly like Trump. Her appeal is one of entertainment value, because she says things which are both hyperbolic and memorable. She also dives head first into controversies, and then doesn't choose her words carefully. Observers of American politics often find this approach to be refreshing. She has an opinion on everything, it is usually something misguided and the facts are rarely on her side, but that's beside the point. In the era of "entertainment presented as news", she is entertaining. She is vacuous, with zero substance... but once again, this is a new era, when substance isn't as important as style.

Once again, do you feel the same way about the analogy that Donald Trump made on The Howard Stern Show in 1997? Trump drew an analogy between the potential STD perils of dating in NYC during the 70's, with service in the Vietnam War. Trump even referred to 1970's dating in NYC as "my personal Vietnam".

It really is the same sort of stupid thing. However, I guess Trump gets a pass though, right? I mean, there is no chance in hell that you would ever be consistent with criticism across party lines... Is there?
First, Trump is a moron and says some really stupid things.

Now, are you really trying to compare what Trump, who was at the time, an unelected Tv personality said to what a current setting member of congress said?

Reactions: LouderVol
First, Trump is a moron and says some really stupid things.

Now, are you really trying to compare what Trump, who was at the time, an unelected Tv personality said to what a current setting member of congress said?
I don't think that Donald Trump deserves a pass for stupid things that he said before June of 2015. He would never cut a Democrat such a break. Those comments that Donald Trump made on The Howard Stern Show in 1997 were not just incredibly stupid. They also show a complete lack of self-awareness on his part. Trump dodged the Vietnam War draft over a really lame medical issue... but he has the brass to call something/anything his "personal Vietnam" ? And that something, turns out to be navigating the nightlife at Studio 54? Seriously? That is such low hanging fruit. I don't care how long ago it was, or what Trump was doing for a living at the time... You have to swing at that.

Donald Trump, of course.

During an appearance on The Howard Stern Show in 1997, Donald Trump compared avoiding sexually transmitted diseases, while being a single man living in NYC in the 1970's, with military service in the Vietnam War (which he had actively avoided).

Speaking to Howard Stern while on the air, Donald Trump made the following analogy:

"I've been so lucky in terms of that whole world (the 1970's NYC dating scene and the risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases)," said Trump. "It is a dangerous world out there - it's scary, like Vietnam. Sort of like the Vietnam era. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave soldier." - Donald Trump

This analogy is made all the more ridiculous with the fact that Donald Trump dodged the Vietnam War draft with a medical deferment over something as silly as bone spurs in his feet... but then he had the balls to equate chasing tail with the same service which he had dodged? That analogy took an epic amount of nerve to make.
Can’t
Let
Go

Reactions: BreatheUT

Once again, what happened to that giant high horse of not using whataboutism that you used to ride? Fell off and smacked your head?

Donald Trump, of course.

Surprised he doesn't have PTSTD.

Reactions: hUTch2002

VN Store

Back