The Official #4 Tennessee vs #1 Arkansas Weekend Game Thread (Game 1 Friday @ 6:30 PM) (Game 2 Saturday @ 12 PM) (Game 3 Sunday @ 1 PM)

FWIW, the Marlins and Blue Jays scouts were near me. Of the pitchers, they were taking footage of Dallas, Hunley, Kopps and some Wicklander. The Marlins guy did more on Dallas than any other.
Dallas has raised his stock tremendously this year. That guy is a great teammate off the field as well. Proud for the kid.

I've been a Cardinals fan as long as I have been a Vols fan, since birth. I was going absolutely nuts that night. After a sloppy first few innings, it did turn into one of the great games of all time.

I was born in Dallas area but moved to Memphis when I was 4. Extended family all in Dallas. Nolan Ryan was my idol. I would prefer a Vols title over the Rangers, but that is one of my top disappointing night’s of my life when it comes to sports.

I've been a Cardinals fan as long as I have been a Vols fan, since birth. I was going absolutely nuts that night. After a sloppy first few innings, it did turn into one of the great games of all time.
I lived in Dallas at the time. That year my wife watched all 162 regular season Ranger game and every post season game. I thought I was going to have to call the police, she was so pissed.

I was born in Dallas area but moved to Memphis when I was 4. Extended family all in Dallas. Nolan Ryan was my idol. I would prefer a Vols title over the Rangers, but that is one of my top disappointing night’s of my life when it comes to sports.

I was at all 4 games of the 2012 NLCS in SF. After not beating Zito in game 5 in St. Louis, I was concerned. Watching the Giants celebrate after game 7 was brutal. And, blowing the series to KC in '85 still haunts me.

Reactions: txbo and VolGee4
Great teammate and has 2 quality off speed pitches to go along with command of 91-94 mph FB.
I've always thought changing speeds is more important than being able to hit the mid 90s..ala Greg Maddux...he was probably high 80s low 90s most of his career

I've always thought changing speeds is more important than being able to hit the mid 90s..ala Greg Maddux...he was probably high 80s low 90s most of his career

Ray Miller, longtime MLB pitching coach (who just recently passed) puts it this way: "Work fast. Change speeds. Throw strikes.

Maddux was a different animal. He was a true sharp shooter, had pin point command like nobody’s business. 99.9% of guys can’t do that so they need the velocity to get away with mistakes at the next level. Maddux was a damn freak.

Maddux was a different animal. He was a true sharp shooter, had pin point command like nobody’s business. 99.9% of guys can’t do that so they need the velocity to get away with mistakes at the next level. Maddux was a damn freak.
He was..catcher never had to move the mitt it seemed...glad I got to see him pitch...also got to see Pedro Martinez throw a 1 hitter vs my Reds once

He was..catcher never had to move the mitt it seemed...glad I got to see him pitch...also got to see Pedro Martinez throw a 1 hitter vs my Reds once
Pedro was great but he had the mid 90’s fastball in his prime and a nasty slider/change combo. Nobody could spot it like Maddux. One of the best to ever do it.

Reactions: VolnJC

VN Store

Back