'22 MS RB Branson Robinson (uga commit)

Blake11367: How do we look with Branson Robinson, are we getting an official from him.

Callahan: Robinson has yet to mention a possible date for an official visit to Tennessee, but I think that's still on the table as at least a possibility. As of right now, though, I would say there's only an outside chance he ends up choosing the Vols. Georgia is widely believed to be the favorite to land him right now, and he's high on Alabama and Clemson, too. Tennessee has done a good job of recruiting him and probably surprised some people by making his top five, but I think the Vols are still facing a bit of an uphill battle in that one.

Of course Georgia 🙄🙄

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Always are

Yep, and because we have been bad and have had multiple coaching changes we keep finishing second place to a lot of the best prospects. Derick Henry, Trevor Lawrence, and Tajh Boyd (Kiffen ran him off) come to mind. These are just a few of many who could have kept us competitive in the SEC.

Reactions: ACvol3
He is a slightly taller, faster version of Travis Henry. If he doesn't come here I hope he goes to a school we don't have to play every year.

Why do Vol fans say this? We always face top notch RBs when we play UGA and Bama every year. This guy is not anymore special than Gurley, Michel, Chubb, Lacy, Richardson, Henry or Harris.

Reactions: de1conley
Always are
Let me rephrase.... It is amazing we are STILL listed with the past 3 national champions and the top RB college after what we have been through, and the shape our program is currently in. So if we are still there, and actually get some stability and start winning some games, we should start getting more of these players without having to outbid the way Pruitt was.

Yep, and because we have been bad and have had multiple coaching changes we keep finishing second place to a lot of the best prospects. Derick Henry, Trevor Lawrence, and Tajh Boyd (Kiffen ran him off) come to mind. These are just a few of many who could have kept us competitive in the SEC.
See above comment.

Robinson included Tennessee in his final group of five. First-year Volunteers coach Josh Heupel made an immediate impact on Mississippi's top player, who is very excited about the future in Knoxville.

He'll get his first look at the campus in-person on June 19.

"Tennessee's future is so bright now and in my opinion, in a few years they will be playing for (a spot in the) College Football Playoff," Robinson told Rivals. "They, as a staff, are very talented in terms of recruiting. Specifically, Coach Mack is great (recruiter). I would say Coach Heupel is the funniest head coach I know. We get on FaceTime just about every week and he really be having me crack up. Also, he shows genuine care for his players, which is very appealing to me."

- Sam Spiegelman, Rivals

VN Store

Back