For New/Infrequent Posters – The Rules Thread

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
*Read Rule #1, you will be banned from the Game Thread if you bash a player, NO EXCEPTIONS

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I debated on even reaching out to Freak about this subject however we have a lot of new folks joining us on the Baseball Forums....and Freak gave me his blessing to post this, so here it goes.

I'll keep it short. The Baseball Forum on the Volnation board has been known as the civilized bunch. We intend for the spirit of that to remain intact. The Baseball Forum is known for the game threads and nuances into the game that many of us do not understand completely as well as many poster’s love for not only Tennessee Baseball but in College Baseball in general.

Over the years, this forum has needed very little moderation, it’s moderated much differently than some other forums because of the above.....

I’d like to lay out some general guidelines:
1. We aren't going to bash the kids or coaches. This is not debatable. It is a zero-tolerance policy. This is your warning.

2. A healthy debate about baseball decisions is welcomed. We don't mind you questioning a call or a decision but give an educated and reasonable explanation as to why you feel as you do. A healthy debate is a good thing, all opinions are welcomed, flat out bashing someone for their opinion is not being tolerated.

3. Keep it Civil, no explanation needed here.

Also, a great post from @1RBFjr a few weeks ago:

This is my overall philosophy:

1. It’s a game.

2. They’re college students.

3. No one has asked me to coach at this level.

4. I’m in the stands or watching at home hoping for the best, knowing there’s no way as a player I could even come close to making that basket, making that throw, making that hit, etc.

5. I’m watching for fun, and time with family and friends.

Also, please refrain from POLITICAL post or references, even if you’re making a joke. I’m the first one to throw a politician under the bus but I don't do it in the Baseball Forum as it does nothing but piss off someone else that may have different views……….

OT

Last edited:
I debated on even reaching out to Freak about this subject however we have a lot of new folks joining us on the Baseball Forums....and Freak gave me his blessing to post this, so here it goes.

I'll keep it short. The Baseball Forum on the Volnation board has been known as the civilized bunch. We intend for the spirit of that to remain intact. The Baseball Forum is known for the game threads and nuances into the game that many of us do not understand completely as well as many poster’s love for not only Tennessee Baseball but in College Baseball in general.

Over the years, this forum has needed very little moderation, it’s moderated much differently than some other forums because of the above.....

I’d like to lay out some general guidelines:
1. We aren't going to bash the kids or coaches. This is not debatable. It is a zero-tolerance policy. This is your warning.

2. A healthy debate about baseball decisions is welcomed. We don't mind you questioning a call or a decision but give an educated and reasonable explanation as to why you feel as you do. A healthy debate is a good thing, all opinions are welcomed, flat out bashing someone for their opinion is not being tolerated.

3. Keep it Civil, no explanation needed here.

Baseball is a beautiful, wonderful game and most of the regulars here take it very seriously. We encourage you to join in and look forward to interacting with a lot of new folks, but we are happy with lower numbers compared to the Football or Basketball forums. If you can't play by the rules that have worked for years, we would rather you not post here.

I think this run engineered by Coach Tony Vitello and his staff is going to be a blast, let’s keep it civil and enjoy the ride………GO VOLS!!

OT

Wish this applied to all forums...........thanks.

2y5de3.jpg

Where did you get that awesome Helton pinstripe?

As much as it pains me to say, I got all of them directly from China thru D.H. Gate. I like the Alumni Hall stuff but you can't customize them and there is nothing on the back. It was the only place I could find them. I wish the Vol Shop or someone would offer more baseball stuff. I much prefer to wear a baseball shirt with a 3/4 length sleeve undershirt.

I would also prefer some cotton material.

As much as it pains me to say, I got all of them directly from China thru D.H. Gate. I like the Alumni Hall stuff but you can't customize them and there is nothing on the back. It was the only place I could find them. I wish the Vol Shop or someone would offer more baseball stuff. I much prefer to wear a baseball shirt with a 3/4 length sleeve undershirt.

I would also prefer some cotton material.
Can you please point me to your preferred DH gate store? Also what is the size difference between them and over here?

And no bunting.
Rule #4 Do not EVER debate drawing dead on the art of the “pick off” (you will not win this debate)
Rule #5 do not EVER question txbo’s taste in bourbon (he is very well connected in a Texas crime family, the Cartwright family and it will not end well for you)
Rule #6 Do not EVER take anything NorCal says personal(he can be a smarty pants, but he’s our smarty pants)
Rule #7 Orange Juice Jones gets carried away when we hit home runs and you may draw conclusions by his posts, so just go along with it.
Rule #8 W.TN.Orange Blood is old(really old) so type loudly when responding to him.
Rule #9 border vol is nutty, keep an eye on that guy
Rule #10 vol66 and volnjc are really vandy trolls, scroll right on past their nonsense.
Rule #11 do not break old timers rules. He’s old school and keeps everyone in line and that’s how we like the baseball board!
Rule #12 beat the hawgs!!
GBO!!

Can you please point me to your preferred DH gate store? Also what is the size difference between them and over here?

the seller I bought all of the jerseys except the pinstripe one is:

https://www.dhgate.com/store/20994882#st-navigation-storehome

I got the pinstripe one from a seller that is no longer listed but I think the one above also carries it....It does however appear that with all the recent success of the basevols that there may have been a run on jerseys and supply is low....anyway, I think the size runs a little big. I could have gotten by with the XL but I bought XXL in case of shrinkage.

VN Store

Back