2022 Target List

I wanna say around junior high but not entirely sure. But he considers Pittsburgh his hometown. Was committed to Pitt for awhile.

Yep, looks like he was committed to Pitt for about 7 months as a sophomore, decommitting last July. I wonder if the decommitment had to do with his rising star as a player, and new options, or with Capel’s struggles as coach? Both, perhaps. It will be interesting to see if Capel survives another year, there, where it looks like they will struggle to make the NCAAT based on their recent personnel losses. That instability cannot be attractive to a player of JH-S’s caliber.

Yep, looks like he was committed to Pitt for about 7 months as a sophomore, decommitting last July. I wonder if the decommitment had to do with his rising star as a player, and new options, or with Capel’s struggles as coach? Both, perhaps. It will be interesting to see if Capel survives another year, there, where it looks like they will struggle to make the NCAAT based on their recent personnel losses. That instability cannot be attractive to a player of JH-S’s caliber.
Its honestly hard to say. Capel’s struggles didn’t help I’m sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: cncchris33
According to VQ when the dead period lifts looks for Tennessee to try and bring these guys in as they are atop their board...

#17 Brandon Miller
#19 Cason Wallace
#44 Felix Okpara
#88 BJ Edwards
#110 Dillon Mitchell
NR Malik Dia
Looks like another top 10 class, with: Miller, Wallace,Okpara, and Edwards.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
More than a year later after the shutdown, prospects are finally being back allowed on campus and De'Ante Green has wasted no time setting his official visits. The 6-foot-9, 215-pound power forward out of Asheville (N.C.) Christian Academy has already set two and in the process of finalizing his other three.

"It's pretty good," the No. 65 overall prospect said of his recruitment. "I have scheduled official visits with NC State on June 4th-5th, North Carolina June 11th-12th and I am scheduling one with Tennessee and Florida State."

The four-star prospect further gave his thoughts on each of those four programs with 247Sports.

Tennessee: "It's close to home, it's right over the mountain so my family can come see me."
-Branham

Seems like UNC has a lot of momentum with him, but if they don’t push hard will be interesting to see...also not sure where he is on Tennessee’s board either though.
I'd say he's towards the top of our board for PF options. Would love to take him and Okpara for our Center. Idk how realistic Dailey is at the moment.

I'd say he's towards the top of our board for PF options. Would love to take him and Okpara for our Center. Idk how realistic Dailey is at the moment.
Haven’t really seen us mentioned with him at all, seems we’ve already got our board narrowed down to about 7-8 guys currently.

Seems like UNC has a lot of momentum with him, but if they don’t push hard will be interesting to see...also not sure where he is on Tennessee’s board either though.
I had assumed we may have cooled on him, a bit. His star seemed to fade, some, but 247 still has him at #65, overall. Rivals has him at #130. Pretty big gap, there.

I had assumed we may have cooled on him, a bit. His star seemed to fade, some, but 247 still has him at #65, overall. Rivals has him at #130. Pretty big gap, there.
Yea I’m not sure, rivals is supposed to be updating soon so will be interesting to see as he’s a guy who’s been getting some nice praise this year.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Top targets (imo/info) bolded...

#1 Emoni Bates
#7 Jaden Bradley
#13 Scoot Henderson
#15 Dariq Whitehead
#17 Brandon Miller-scheduled OV 6/8
#19 Cason Wallace-scheduled OV 6/3

#23 Eric Dailey Jr.
#42 Jalen Hood-Schifino
#44 Felix Okpara
#59 Prince Aligbe
#64 Colin Smith
#65 Jett Howard
#88 BJ Edwards-scheduled OV 1st week of June
#110 Dillon Mitchell
#130 De’ante Green

NR Daniel Sanford
NR Handje Tamba
NR Quante Berry
NR Noah Clowney
NR Malik Dia

Last edited:

#1 Emoni Bates
#7 Jaden Bradley
#13 Scoot Henderson
#15 Dariq Whitehead
#17 Brandon Miller
#19 Cason Wallace

#23 Eric Dailey Jr.
#42 Jalen Hood-Schifino
#44 Felix Okpara
#59 Prince Aligbe
#64 Colin Smith
#65 Jett Howard
#88 BJ Edwards
#110 Dillon Mitchell
#130 De’ante Green

NR Daniel Sanford
NR Handje Tamba
NR Quante Berry
NR Noah Clowney
NR Malik Dia
Staff cooling on Tamba?

#1 Emoni Bates
#7 Jaden Bradley
#13 Scoot Henderson
#15 Dariq Whitehead
#17 Brandon Miller
#19 Cason Wallace

#23 Eric Dailey Jr.
#42 Jalen Hood-Schifino
#44 Felix Okpara
#59 Prince Aligbe
#64 Colin Smith
#65 Jett Howard
#88 BJ Edwards
#110 Dillon Mitchell
#130 De’ante Green

NR Daniel Sanford
NR Handje Tamba
NR Quante Berry
NR Noah Clowney
NR Malik Dia
Do we have any momentum with Miller and Okpara? I would assume they have interest but hadn’t seen any articles or reports about them

VN Store

Back