Commodity shortages

The Fed is out of bullets to deal with inflation.
The Fed has all the ammunition in the world to deal with inflation. Fed Funds is at zero. They could soak up all this liquidity they've put out there, and raise rates, but it would collapse asset markets.

What they are low on is ammo to deal with a situation where they would need to provide liquidity.

The Fed has all the ammunition in the world to deal with inflation. Fed Funds is at zero. They could soak up all this liquidity they've put out there, and raise rates, but it would collapse asset markets.

What they are low on is ammo to deal with a situation where they would need to provide liquidity.

Could the federal, state and local governments cover the increase debt service if they did that?

You will have more credibility down the line if you wait to blame him for something reasonably viewed as his fault. But this is ridiculous.
So the border is not his fault? Not supporting Israel is not his fault? The guy is a joke and you think I can have some more credibility if I wait until he F's up some more?

Could the federal, state and local governments cover the increase debt service if they did that?
Depends on how much they raised rates by. Much of the liquidity they have put into the system is by the various asset purchase programs they have put into place over the last several years, not via rate hikes.

So the border is not his fault? Not supporting Israel is not his fault? The guy is a joke and you think I can have some more credibility if I wait until he F's up some more?

I think he can be blamed for at least some of the border problem. They seem to lack a coherent approach, I agree.

Too early to say on the situation in Israel flaring up. None of us knows what discussions are going on and what we are doing to help. (P.S., wonder what folks like Marjorie Green have to say about this? All those rockets must be good target for the Jewish space lasers.)

Blaming him for commodity shortages evolving form the pandemic ending just makes you look stupid.

Reactions: Rooster1
I think he can be blamed for at least some of the border problem. They seem to lack a coherent approach, I agree.

Too early to say on the situation in Israel flaring up. None of us knows what discussions are going on and what we are doing to help. (P.S., wonder what folks like Marjorie Green have to say about this? All those rockets must be good target for the Jewish space lasers.)

Blaming him for commodity shortages evolving form the pandemic ending just makes you look stupid.
Biden isnt following the science. That was the major rebuff for Trump in regards to the virus.

Futures also have a pretty big impact on the market and on thru the whole system. Even if it hasnt gone into effect people react to policy. Just look at the elections, markets always react to those even with months until the winner is in office.

Reactions: AM64

You concerned with the deficits?

One has to wonder if this trend continues if Biden/Harris will become Jimmy Carter 2.0., especially if the GOP has someone like DeSantis running.

Carter had little to do with his economy and a lot to do with the boom in the 80's. He's unfairly maligned. I have no hope for Biden to be the great deregulator that Carter was, but he will probably be unfairly maligned for this shaky economy. Trump intervenes in the market and disrupts supply chains with tariffs in his failed trade wars and then we have a pandemic, and here we are now with supply chain problems. This isn't on Biden.

President Biden definitely needs to be more active managing the flow of goods in the economy. The market has failed.

Other countries know what goods they want to ship to us. What we want/need most doesn't enter in to the equation. The reports regarding container shipping are very enlightening ... and strange from this side of the ocean, but globalists sold our souls, so we can't complain.

Carter had little to do with his economy and a lot to do with the boom in the 80's. He's unfairly maligned. I have no hope for Biden to be the great deregulator that Carter was, but he will probably be unfairly maligned for this shaky economy. Trump intervenes in the market and disrupts supply chains with tariffs in his failed trade wars and then we have a pandemic, and here we are now with supply chain problems. This isn't on Biden.
Paul Volcker created the 80s boom.

Sort of....and he was appointed by Carter...

Volcker had nothing to do with the mass deregulation of 3 key industries. That was Carter.
Sort of? The boom that ended up occurring never would have happened with 15% inflation, no matter what had been previously deregulated.

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back