I-40 Bridge In Memphis

This country is crumbling beneath our feet. Pipelines, bridges, broken supply chains (microchip shortages)...

Very interesting times we live in.

Our bridge over the Ohio River here in Cincinnati has been "crumbling" for 20 yrs now. FEDs still fumbling with a plan. Why is Biden and his crew talking about replacing "racist" roads and bridges with major interstate connectors like yours in Memphis and ours in Ohio/KY in major need of repair?

Nominee Buttigieg Vows To Dismantle ‘Racist’ Freeways

Reactions: AM64
If only there was an infrastructure bill out there

Ever wonder where the gas taxes and other utility fees actually go? What about the SS and Medicare taxes that don't seem to go into funding SS and Medicare? Our problem is government spending in all the wrong places as directed by all the wrong people. Give them more and they will waste more, and the problems will still remain. Government overhead makes the worst run private company in the history of the world look like a model of efficiency.

The only thing that's truly shovel ready is the federal government. State governments would be next if there's any room left in the landfills.

Mayor Strickland: Repairs for I-40 bridge could take Months, not weeks

image59.jpg

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis Mayor Jim Strickland says it could be months before repairs are complete on the I-40 bridge.

Authorities closed the Hernando Desoto Bridge after an inspection found a crack that requires investigation. It’s unknown when the bridge will reopen, but on WREG’s Live at 9 Wednesday, Memphis Mayor Jim Strickland said he spoke with state leaders and TDOT Commissioner Clay Bright for about 45 minutes Tuesday evening.

Bridge-2.jpg

Mayor Strickland: Repairs for I-40 bridge could take months, not weeks

Well, you can still buy whole wings and cut them yourself.

True story. I bought about 30# of wings in January from the local meat market and put them in my freezer after I seasoned them and bagged them in zip locks (8-10 wings per bag). I came back to the same market in late February or early March and asked for more of the same. The guys said they were out of wings since the Super Bowl. I had been back in there on two other occasions to see if there was anything coming in and still nothing. Then about 2-3 days ago, I hear about the nationwide chicken wing shortage. Then is started to make sense.

So who's the idiot that decided to breed wingless chickens? Or did it result from feeding them Chinese chicken food?

Reactions: VolStrom

image59.jpg

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis Mayor Jim Strickland says it could be months before repairs are complete on the I-40 bridge.

Authorities closed the Hernando Desoto Bridge after an inspection found a crack that requires investigation. It’s unknown when the bridge will reopen, but on WREG’s Live at 9 Wednesday, Memphis Mayor Jim Strickland said he spoke with state leaders and TDOT Commissioner Clay Bright for about 45 minutes Tuesday evening.

Bridge-2.jpg

That's not a crack - that's broke.

I know. Pipe dream. That would make way too much sense for government people.

.gov sonny bois can't handle the truth - won't ever be audits on how they spend money and whether it had a net positive effect. The only measure there is how much they can shovel out the door in x amount of time.

proxy-image (5).jpg

image59.jpg

Bridge-2.jpg

Just slap some J-B Weld on that and call it a day.

Everything will be rerouted to the I55 bridge a little to the south. Traffic will be a nightmare, I reckon.

Yep, I prefer the I-55 bridge, but it's narrower as I recall, and the access on the Memphis end was developed by a bunch of mentally retarded monkeys. Of course, the whole road system through Memphis is like a zoo anyway.

Labor.

Whether it's in production, slaughter, cleaning, prepping, cooking, packaging, testing, shipping, stocking.

There are probably more steps I dont know about. Each one is a potential issue. It's why shuttering the economy was always a bad idea. One disruption stops the entire flow.

And that's just labor. You also have equipment and materials for each step too.

I still think covid was a Chinese military study - maybe intentional and maybe it got out early, but by now they've figured out how fragile the world economy really is and where to turn off the supply lines. The ripple effect is really just getting started good. A lot of manufacturers are struggling to find key supplies - auto plants are closed or closing because of simple integrated circuit shortages. Stuff is going to happen in out of synch waves - like an abundance of gas and no way to move it, or ways to move it, and refineries are down for critical needs because shipping is constipated. Globalism was one huge screwup.

You have to work pretty hard to get a steel break like that.
After working in a heavy industrial plant for 35 years, you ain't seen sh!t if that disturbs you. I've seen much bigger and thicker beams broken like toothpicks.

May 12, 2021: the day I learned that some people eat only flats or only drums.

Y'all probably order plain bagels.
I'm a drummie guy myself, the flats have one too many bones.... when you could get either of them.

Discovery Of Massive Bridge Crack Forces US Coast Guard To Close Portion Of Mississippi River | ZeroHedge

Besides the bridge closure and increasing traffic jams in the area, the US Coast Guard closed a portion of the lower Mississippi River near the bridge. There are "16 vessels with a total of 229 barrages in the queue," the coast guard said in a statement.

From the Texas power grid collapse to the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack to the I-40 bridge crack, infrastructure in the US appears to be miserably failing. Maybe these are compelling reasons that Dems will push for the passage of Biden's infrastructure bill.

Reactions: Sea Ray and AM64
I still think covid was a Chinese military study - maybe intentional and maybe it got out early, but by now they've figured out how fragile the world economy really is and where to turn off the supply lines. The ripple effect is really just getting started good. A lot of manufacturers are struggling to find key supplies - auto plants are closed or closing because of simple integrated circuit shortages. Stuff is going to happen in out of synch waves - like an abundance of gas and no way to move it, or ways to move it, and refineries are down for critical needs because shipping is constipated. Globalism was one huge screwup.
May need ur vibrational analysis on this one

That’s your prerogative, but people who order all flats eat their wings mild with a cup of milk on standby in case it gets too hot.

Overly spicy sauce ruins a good chicken wing.

May 12, 2021: the day I learned that some people eat only flats or only drums.

Y'all probably order plain bagels.

Whenever possible, I ask if I can have all flats in my wing orders. Some places are happy to do it; others say absolutely not. There never seems to be a middle ground.

I'm a drummie guy myself, the flats have one too many bones.... when you could get either of them.

The flats have more flavor, more tender meat, and a better surface area to meat ratio.

Flats don’t get chewy like a drum when they are the slightest bit over cooked. Meat falls right off the flat bones.

Reactions: VolStrom

VN Store

Back