I-40 Bridge In Memphis

Ok. This hits home.

I'm ready to protest and riot.
Time to assemble the Minutemen.
It’s not like we’re needed in the bedroom.
There's room under my tent for flats and drums. There's no discrimination in my house.
Said the guy cherry picking the drums from under his guests noses.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
Well, you can still buy whole wings and cut them yourself.

True story. I bought about 30# of wings in January from the local meat market and put them in my freezer after I seasoned them and bagged them in zip locks (8-10 wings per bag). I came back to the same market in late February or early March and asked for more of the same. The guys said they were out of wings since the Super Bowl. I had been back in there on two other occasions to see if there was anything coming in and still nothing. Then about 2-3 days ago, I hear about the nationwide chicken wing shortage. Then is started to make sense.

I'm a trophy hunter. I buy about 30 whole chickens, cull the wings and leave the rest to rot in the sun.

It’s like we’re being turned into a giant prison. What can I get for 2 box of smokes?

A box of A. Fuente Opus X will get you enough quality lumber to build a queen bed.
Two boxes of smokes gets you a box of toothpicks, in case you barter something else and score some buff wings.

Pipeline closure, bridge closure into Arkansas. Hmmm. I seem to recall in years past tankers hauled fuel from West Memphis to the eastern market when there were pipeline issues in the east/southeast.

Reactions: RavinDave and AM64
Pipeline closure, bridge closure into Arkansas. Hmmm. I seem to recall in years past tankers hauled fuel from West Memphis to the eastern market when there were pipeline issues in the east/southeast.
Everything will be rerouted to the I55 bridge a little to the south. Traffic will be a nightmare, I reckon.

I don't understand the chicken shortage thing. At the local gas stations, there hasn't been fried chicken for months. Only tenders. So what happens to the rest of the chicken the tenders are coming from. My goodness, have you ever driven the GA countryside. Chicken farms every 200 yards. Probably supply 1/2 of the country's chicken from one state.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
I don't understand the chicken shortage thing. At the local gas stations, there hasn't been fried chicken for months. Only tenders. So what happens to the rest of the chicken the tenders are coming from. My goodness, have you ever driven the GA countryside. Chicken farms every 200 yards. Probably supply 1/2 of the country's chicken from one state.

Probably has a lot to do with labor shortages and reduced output at the processors. With schools, restaurants and other outlets shuttered I'm sure the processors have reduced capacity.

Reactions: AM64
Labor.

Whether it's in production, slaughter, cleaning, prepping, cooking, packaging, testing, shipping, stocking.

There are probably more steps I dont know about. Each one is a potential issue. It's why shuttering the economy was always a bad idea. One disruption stops the entire flow.

And that's just labor. You also have equipment and materials for each step too.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back