Pipeline Cyber Attack

You would have thought the FBI could stop a Russian cyberattack by now.

You would think. Also surprised many of these corporations are not sufficiently investing in safeguarding against cyber attacks. Many are low hanging fruit for this kind of event and need to understand their vulnerability and the impact they have on the economy.

Reactions: ClearwaterVol
Gas-shirtages-by-state-4.jpg

I filled up today, still had a little less than half a tank. No lines, no chaos at all. Spousal unit (she loves that term, no, she really does!) and I went to dinner early this evening and the line at Pilot and Kroger were insane! Pilot line was backed up from the pumps out onto Northshore Drive and on to the exit ramp coming off Pellissippi Pkwy as far as we could see. Operation Toilet Paper 2.0 is underway.

Putin's cyber soldiers: DarkSide hackers who hit America's biggest fuel pipeline started eight months ago in Russia where they're given free rein to target the West and have already been paid millions by 80 companies

The cyberextortion attack that forced the shutdown of America's largest fuel pipeline was carried out by a criminal gang known as DarkSide that is believed to based out of Russia where they are given free rein to target Western countries.

Colonial Pipeline attack: Russian DarkSide hackers style themselves as Robin Hood | Daily Mail Online
I doubt its Russia - Im going to guess a Muslim nation or China

So glad the New York Times cleared everything up for me. I guess the lines for gas around Atlanta were really just for that sweet, sweet gas station coffee..

The real problem is that we are a country of morons causing the shortage by acting like morons. The gas stations down here are full of people filling up every container in site.
Some self imposed rationing by gas stations starting to pop up.

The May 11 spot price on Jet-A is $1.84/gal. To fill up an A350 is a little over $66,500. To give you some perspective, we usually fill it up to go to Asia. If we have a full passenger load, 316 people each passenger needs to pay about $210 for us to just break even.... on fuel.

They don't take BitCoin... yet.

VN Store

Back