What do VN GOPers think of the Cheney issue?

What's notable is that as a republican elected official, you will be cancelled if you don't cater to trumps ego and stolen election fantasy.

She's not being canceled, they're just voting on whether to remove her from the leadership of their club.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
She's not being canceled, they're just voting on whether to remove her from the leadership of their club.

Removed from leadership equates to cancelled in my book, and at any rate, its as good of a use of the much over-used word as I've see lately.

Have at it. Keep her or kick her, makes no difference.

What will be worth watching is how much influence she has as the emerging leader of the anti-trump faction in the GOP... and whether that faction survives and makes a difference.

What will be worth watching is how much influence she has as the emerging leader of the anti-trump faction in the GOP... and whether that faction survives and makes a difference.
Do you see the anti trump faction of the gop as more or less conservative than trump?

She flips parties after she loses her primary, might even flip before and run for reelection as a Dem.

I'm pretty sure the anti-Trump "faction" is slowly going to disappear and/or get voted out save a few in traditional blue states.

She flips parties after she loses her primary, might even flip before and run for reelection as a Dem.

I don't see her becoming a democratic, her policy positions are polar opposite. I think she becomes the torch-bearer for the anti-trump faction, for better or for worse.

I don't see her becoming a democratic, her policy positions are polar positions are polar opposite. I think she becomes the torch-bearer for the anti-trump faction, for better or for worse.

People are tired of the McConnell, Romney and McCain mold that she's cut from so unless she wins reelection (either party) she's not going to be a torchbearer.

People are tired of the McConnell, Romney and McCain mold that she's cut from so unless she wins reelection (either party) she's not going to be a torchbearer.

An anti-trump faction of the republican party will remain to some degree, the extent to which it will be relevant is the question.

From what I have come to know, Liz Cheney is anti-abortion and pro-gun and for small government, strong national defense, low taxes, and supports strong border restrictions.

Would you say that's a traditional conservative?
I would say those are the traditional conservative oxymoronic positions, yes.
So I wonder if the party is drifting towards trump as a demagogue or if there is a philosophical shift in play. Maybe both?

From what I have come to know, Liz Cheney is anti-abortion and pro-gun and for small government, strong national defense, low taxes, and supports strong border restrictions.

She's not for small government, the rest is debatable.

An anti-trump faction of the republican party will remain to some degree, the extent to which it will be relevant is the question.

I don't see why there would be an anti-trump faction. He gets more irrelevant every day.

Reactions: McDad
I don't see why there would be an anti-trump faction. He gets more irrelevant every day.
If someone would take up his feistiness, have a legit small government platform, and not be obnoxious I think they'd do well.

Reactions: AM64 and hog88

People are missing the issue here.

Neither side wants to play nice anymore.

If you want to play nice you are out.

You better hate the opposition and want to destroy them or you are in trouble.

She sided with the other side and now she is dead in the water. If she was a democrat and sided with the Republicans she would be dead in the water.

This is politics 2021. It's not about finding common ground anymore. Its about destroy anyone who doesnt agree with you.

I would say those are the traditional conservative oxymoronic positions, yes.
So I wonder if the party is drifting towards trump as a demagogue or if there is a philosophical shift in play. Maybe both?

I would say both. Definitely the former and some of the latter as well. Political parties are constantly shifting. The south used to vote overwhelmingly democratic.

People are missing the issue here.

Neither side wants to play nice anymore.

If you want to play nice you are out.

You better hate the opposition and want to destroy them or you are in trouble.

She sided with the other side and now she is dead in the water. If she was a democrat and sided with the Republicans she would be dead in the water.

This is politics 2021. It's not about finding common ground anymore. Its about destroy anyone who doesnt agree with you.

Well said.

Unfortunately.

Reactions: NEO

VN Store

Back