Lady Vols Softball

Coaching sub decisions worked out for them, not us
TP does not have the arm of AA, but more importantly, I think she could have pitch run this 6th
MSU made outfield D change and it may cost us the game

2-1 Bulldogs now, but two outs in the top of the 7th. Really wish they could have gotten something going in the 6th...

and on to game two.

Hitters should be embarrassed should've been able to hit this girl from the first inning 4.13 era coming in we made her look like a super pitcher. Now they can go with their best pitcher and get a sweep.

Sad looking at bat to end the game.
Would have preferred to play MSU and that pitcher in 90 deg heat
Pressure on in G2
With Mizzou up regional odds getting rough

Glad we get some midweek SEC softball. Tennessee should win, but we're not as bad as our record.

We tend to struggle against elite pitching tho. Against middle of the conference pitching we have a chance, but Tennessee definitely has a Top 5 SEC pitching staff. Tennessee should win easily with Rogers. Any tiny small chance we have will be against Turner, but something tells me Rogers will come in relief in game 2 as well. So yeah.... should be 2-0 Tennessee. Tho you have way more to play for.

Well... I was wrong. Didn't see that one coming. I'll take it.

don't understand saving Webber to pinch hit in the 7th when Fox came up in the 5th with one out and a runner on first and a 0-0 score --- a Webber hit then could have sparked a rally, instead Fox got a K

Reactions: therealitytheory
Hitters should be embarrassed should've been able to hit this girl from the first inning 4.13 era coming in we made her look like a super pitcher. Now they can go with their best pitcher and get a sweep.
sometimes, in the first game on the road, the LVs look like they are still half asleep after a long bus ride --- do they ride a bus or fly? --- either way, it's not a good look --- I expect they will be more awake for game 2, but Turner won't be able to depend on a bailout from Rogers with that finger of hers

Reactions: Volfan2012
Unfortunately the defensive issues at 2B leave a hole in the lineup. Fox in an SEC-caliber defender but not even close as a hitter. Milloy and Davis haven't given us a whole lot in SEC play (Davis is hitting below .200), and our team BB/K ratio is horrible in conference games.

Honestly, this loss is pretty inexcusable, but our loses to SC and UGA were inexcusable, too, so it has good company.

VN Store

Back