With French and Washington in the portal, I think Heupel should address the issue

Heupel is asked about the suspensions in every press event. French and Washington apparently are moving on, make a decision on Salter and Willis and let's move past the distraction..... unless you think having players suspended for a month is somehow helpful to the team?
Just because you’re distracted doesn’t mean the team and coaching staff are.

So Washington and French entering the transfer portal is their idea, not Heupel's? Surprising if true.

I think it was the universities decision.. Think they were likely told they were going to be dismissed from school.. might have been dismissed. and privacy keeps school from saying. If school dismissed this for their actions, they would be done with football at UT.

I think it was the universities decision.. Think they were likely told they were going to be dismissed from school.. might have been dismissed. and privacy keeps school from saying. If school dismissed this for their actions, they would be done with football at UT.
They're still listed on the roster so maybe they've not been dismissed?

Henry T was still listed on the roster and in the portal but he's dropped from the roster so I guess he finished classes.

They're still listed on the roster so maybe they've not been dismissed?

Henry T was still listed on the roster and in the portal but he's dropped from the roster so I guess he finished classes.

the roster is not kept very accurate in a timely manner. its difficult to depend on it from an accuracy standpoint.

I don't know if they were dismissed from school or not. Just saying I "think" that might be why they hit the portal.

Breaking into another students dorm room and beating them up is a very serious offense. typically that ends up in dismissal from school.

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution
Seriously? Am I missing blue font here?

It's not 30 for 30 material. Frankly, at this point, nothing short of "everybody run, the homecoming queens gotta a gun...." is going to make anyone care what went on at UT in 2021-2022.

Well, other than us getting torched by everyone because we have zero depth in our secondary.

Geez! Blue font my ass. 8 to 10 years from now, you Jughead. To HELL with "This Point". My hopeful point assumes this staff actually does turn it around, making it a 30 for 30 worthy story. Go into a closet, WOO at the top of your lungs until you ears bleed, and your brain cells start to function.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't think them entering the portal was their idea, I was just confused by your wording about Heupel waiting.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't think them entering the portal was their idea, I was just confused by your wording about Heupel waiting.

I believe all the suspensions are out of Heupel's hands until the school rules on the kids.. sorry for not being more clear.

You expect Willis and Salter back?
Someone mentioned a May 1st cutoff for entering the portal and playing this year? I'm unsure about the rules but it might present a problem for those guys.

If Willis and Salter didn't get in the portal before the cutoff to play this year and do get dismissed from school, they may need an NCAA waiver to play elsewhere this year?

Someone mentioned a May 1st cutoff for entering the portal and playing this year? I'm unsure about the rules but it might present a problem for those guys.

If Willis and Salter didn't get in the portal before the cutoff to play this year and do get dismissed from school, they may need an NCAA waiver to play elsewhere this year?

there is no portal cutoff. there have been over 15 players go into the portal in the last 2 days. Semesters are ending. there is going to be dozens more players going into the portal now. Careful with internet comments. :)

there is no portal cutoff. there have been over 15 players go into the portal in the last 2 days. Semesters are ending. there is going to be dozens more players going into the portal now. Careful with internet comments. :)

Hey LWSVOL how many players does UT have on scholarship right now at this point and how many more can they grab from the portal (if you know)?

Thx. That's good to know and kind of why I said I wasn't sure. I appreciate the good info.

Hey LWSVOL how many players does UT have on scholarship right now at this point and how many more can they grab from the portal (if you know)?

they can grab as many as they want to... I believe only one more can be counted versus 2021. Others would have to count against the next class.

I think they are at 82 roster size counting those transferring in. 85 number should not be a concern at all. Tennessee is going to lose several more players to the portal and likely try to replace some..

VN Store

Back