Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were dudes in here defending this lunacy the other day. Put your daughter in the cage with a man dressed up like a woman. Go ahead
The crazy thing about the whole Fallon Fox thing was nobody knew she was trans so they kept letting her knock these girls out. People who think trans women don’t have an advantage need to watch her highlight reel...

UGA average team talent ranking past 10 years: 5th
UGA record past 10 years: 102-31

Tennessee is the bigger under achiever.

1980 (in a state full of exceptional talent)

1998 (with 4 bad coaching hires)

The crazy thing about the whole Fallon Fox thing was nobody knew she was trans so they kept letting her knock these girls out. People who think trans women don’t have an advantage need to watch her highlight reel...
One of the other ones that really shows the difference is in UConn..... girls high school track athlete was trying to become the first ever three time state champion..... a boy claiming to be a girl beat her in the state championship.... the year before he competed as a boy and finished near the bottom of his classification.....

I just don't get why our own fans need to bring us down when we are laughing at Georgia, Bama, Kentucky, Vandy, Florida, etc. It's bad enough that our local media does it. I just think it's silly to believe there are fans on here who feel the need to demonstrate how bad we suck. Trust me. We know.

I just don't get why our own fans need to bring us down when we are laughing at Georgia, Bama, Kentucky, Vandy, Florida, etc. It's bad enough that our local media does it. I just think it's silly to believe there are fans on here who feel the need to demonstrate how bad we suck. Trust me. We know.
Are they our own fans tho?

Went to a BBQ joint for dinner the other day, there was a person there that was that way. He/she was going to the restroom (single restroom) and barged in on a lady using the facility. I was blown away. It is crazy for sure
It's called "lock the door". When you have a single unisex restroom, that door lock is important.

Anybody live near Smyrna TN? Home Depot. You know who I’m talking about. Man hands in the plumbing department (yes lol).

I had the most uncomfortable conversation with him/her. I came for a 1/4-inch water line fitting for my ice maker. He/she asked if I had the male or female end. I got so flustered I just said... kid you not...

“Well, I thought I came here for the male fitting but now you got me thinking I need the female fitting.”

I’m dead serious 😂😂🤣🤣 it was one of those moments i felt like I just wrote a Dave Chappelle skit off the hip.
Seriously....

tenor.gif

Smart might NOT have a job but for Saban.

And the truth is, Mark Richt was fired because UGA wanted someone to take them to the next level. Has Smart taken them to the next level? I don't think so. I think Smart recruits better than Richt (which is also a by-product of UT being so bad), but he gets similar results. So when compared with Richt, Smart gets about the same with more. At least thus far.

And this isn't about UT. We know we're bad right now. We know we've hired loser after loser to be our HC for over a decade, and we're hoping we've finally landed an eventual winner. We know where we stand. That doesn't mean we can't point out that UGA hasn't reached that mountain top they thought Smart would get them too.
No one is getting to the top level while Saban is here. Arguably Kirby did initially take them to a higher level than Richt by going to the final game, but he's currently pretty equal to Richt right now.

UGA average team talent ranking past 10 years: 5th
UGA record past 10 years: 102-31

Tennessee is the bigger under achiever.

Just need to point out this falls under the old adage, “lies, damn lies, and statistics.” You fail to account for the fact that while we are 15th in the country, we are stil 6th or 7th in the SEC while UGA is 2nd. How many of our losses are to teams with a lower average team talent compared to UGA? That’s an infinitely better gauge of underachieving based on recruiting.
Here is a list of average recruiting ranking over the last 10 cycles.
Ranking the Best Average Recruiting Classes over the Last Decade

By my count 36 of our losses came to teams with a higher average team talent ranking. This doesn’t include losses to teams like Oregon or Ole Miss who had more talented teams (by recruiting ranking the years we played them). Since only Bama is ahead of UGA, only 5 of their 31 losses have come to teams with a higher average talent ranking.
Putting that together, we have lost 26 games to teams with lower average talent rankings over the last 10 years compared to UGA’s 26. I’d say that’s pretty even. Sure they have almost double the number of wins that we do against “less talented” teams but the talent gap is much larger between them and their average opponent than it is between us and our average opponent.

Last edited:
Just what we need. Fans carrying banners for our rivals and reminding us how bad we suck. In before the truth hurts, blah blah blah
Nah, I'm just always interested in the facts of things. This (comparing the 247 talent rankings to final rankings) is a project I have been working on for some time. I'm going to post it once I get the database wide enough and update it annually so we can track it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back